The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Dear All, Hope this email finds you all safe, sound and in the best of health. I continue to receive your good wishes for my 1st anniversary for which I am extremely grateful. I am fortunate to work with an outstanding team of officers and staff, an exceptional local authority and I am very privileged to be serving a community that cares about policing and about all that's happening in the neighbourhoods. Thank you for your specific feedback after last weeks message - although I am a little worried at your sanity as you seem to want to hear more of my thoughts on the future of policing ! On a more serious note I would like to provide you all with an update for this wee…
-
Well, I don't know whether the title makes sense but... for some reason I thought I should create a thread where people can post their favourite part of a song they like :D - I think a lot of songs apply to us in a way, or sometimes they just have the truth about the world in them! I actually have a lot of favourite lyrics, however one that will always be on top of the list is from Michael Jackson's "They Don't Care About Us" - So forum, what are your favourite lyrics? :D
-
Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone could give me any ideas of what kind of exercises I could do? - I get bored of just walking/jogging/running on the treadmill, any ways I could make the gym a little more exciting? Plus, any activities which you might think will help me enjoy exercising? Thanks! :D RYJM
-
I am an electronic subscriber to a UK knitting magazine. The magazine has a history of print subscriber issues arrving late with divers reasons why. The mag went into liquidation last year and was taken over by another, much larger publisher but the issue of subscribers receiving their magazines not only continues, but has gotten considerably worse. There have also been allegations by designers and contributors that they have not been paid or some have received payments after months of chasing them up. I have had my e-mag for well over a week; and the .pdf of the magazine was for sale online two days before I received my electronic issue. After a weekend of hot debate and…
-
Hi All, I dont know how many of you have heard of Tough mudder but for those of you that havent it is an event that has been designed by the special services and held throughout the world. Its a 10-12 mile intense obstacle course designed to test all abilities. The event is in aid of Help for Heroes which is a fantastic charity to which im sure you will all agree. Just thought i would let you all know as it is a fantastic way to dust of those running shoes and improve your fitness for a fantastic cause. This is the link to their website http://toughmudder.co.uk/ im booked on in september and it would be nice to see some members from here too. Cheers J
-
Thanks for visiting the LincsRPU JustGiving page. A few of us are running the Lincoln 10k 2013 to help raise as much money for the Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance as possible. We work with them a lot and we know that they help save many lives year after year. They are a vital resource for our large county and do a fantastic job. We hope you feel the same way we do about this resource and will kindly make a donation. Thank you. Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sur…
-
After watching one of the episodes today (I should be ashamed, I know) how good a cop do we reckon Jeremy Kyle would be? The episode featured a lad who apparently hit his girlfriend and spat at her, to which JK got in his face and shouted at him about how disgusting he thinks he is. I don't reckon that would work out on the street though! Any other views on him? (just thought i'd throw the question out there, it got me thinking!) :new_eyebrow:
-
Xperteleven is an online football management game that is free, easy to play but hard to master. I started a private league in 2006, with 6 other Police officers and it has grown ever since. We are looking for managers to take over existing teams or start a brand new team ready for the new season which will start in a few weeks. Register free at www.xperteleven.com and then join the Blues & Twos private league. You can search and find our league using the code 70537. You will also have the option to join an official Xpert League. I currently have a team in the Master League.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Evening all .. I have my driving test VERY SOON has anyone got any last minute tips ? Thanks Amz-0
-
Anyone watching? It's on BBC1 now, could be good... DOCUMENTARY: Out of Jail and on the Streets On: BBC 1 South (101) Time: 22:35 to 23:35 (1 hour long) With unprecedented access, this documentary uncovers the hidden world of public protection. Through the personal stories of probation officers, it explores how offenders are monitored, controlled and rehabilitated in everyday life, and how the public are protected from them. This is the story of our protectors, the extraordinary professionals in the probation service who work with some of society's most troubled, damaged and dangerous people. They keep tabs on murderers and paedophiles, robbers and rapists, burgla…
-
I hope you are all well, in fine fettle and enjoying this weather. Snow? In winter? Who'd have thought it, eh? Anyway, back to the favour. I have decided to take part in an event to raise money for charity. What am I doing? I am taking part in a 120 metre sprint. Not a big deal, you may say, but this is a sprint with a difference. I shall be running (a method of forward motion that is virtually unknown to me) up the spiral staircase, that is 530 steps,inside the Spinaker Tower in Portsmouth. The challenge (apart from the running aspect!) is to do it in under 4 minutes, without leaving my breakfast on the steps. The following link explains about the event. http://na…
-
Anybody use Xilo as their ISP ? Reason for asking is that I currently use Sky, who for me are complete pants. Fast speeds during the day, but evening very slow speeds - so either throttling or congestion their end. Any other recommendations of ISP's would be appreciated - speed and reliability are more important than a few quid saved to me...
-
The poor old girl is stuck again, although she thinks she knows the answer she can't be totally sure. She needs help with I N D W T G I L H S A current C4 nature series (4,6). Of course this is the sort of programme that Gran watches (when she can find the money for the electric for the telly, it's either that or a bowl of hot soup) but she can't be totally sure of the title here. A 'wibble' to all who can help.
-
Cannot wait for this to start, particularly the Football, cannot believe Beckham was left out, what a stupid decison, Giggs has been made Captian, which is fair enough, he has got the most experience,other Sports i am looking forward to are the Athlethics, as well as the Tennis and Wrestling. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
-
- 8 replies
- 1.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Afternoon all, I was reminded today of a site called FML (Think it stands for Fail My Life or such...) Anyway, I thought it would be... fun to share some of our own fail moments. Here is a recent one of mine to start us off: I had recently bought some new shirts for work and wanted to wash them before I wore them, I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking at the time but I put a dark item of clothing into the wash along with all my new lightly coloured shirts. I now have three light shirts with splodges on them :new_sorry: