Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. NeeNaw1545925537
    Started by NeeNaw1545925537,

    Well....Do I have a story for all those seeking to upgrade your phone! My contract is now expired and I've always been with o2 (10 years!) I decided that i'd really like the Sony Ericsson K800i. £70.00 they say Not bloody likely I say They offer £100.00 cash back. I point out that why don't they send me the phone and keep the £30.00 'for something nice' After speaking to 6 different people I finally get what I want...without changing my contract and for free! I spent Over half an hour and just told them that i'd simply disconnect and go elsewhere. Remember, stick firm and you'll always get what you want with these people.

  2. catprincess
    Started by catprincess,

    someone spiked my coke with malibu last night... I've tried the dirty breakfast, brushing my teeth loads of times.. nothings shifting it.. help me

    • 20 replies
    • 983 views
  3. cheweboy
    Started by cheweboy,

    Do police officers have to have short hair... like if the forces where it has to be short back and sides? or is the police more leaneant on it? is there a rule?

  4. Stan Still
    Started by Stan Still,

    Just seen on the BBC web site that Richard Hammond (the little bloke) is critically ill in hospital after crashing in a jet car while filming for Top Gear. Best wishes to him and his family. If you've ever watched Top Gear, you'll know what a laugh the three of them have in the guise of working for a living. I hope he makes a full recovery.

    NeeNaw1545925537
  5. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    The above officer has been find £250 by Magistrates for driving at 105mph on the Settle by pass, a road restricted to 60 mph. He was not disqualified from driving which has upset a few people, as the Magistrates he appeared before have a habit of disqualifying anyone caught exceeding 100mph. No wonder the general public think there is a law for one, and a law for us. They don't appear to have given any valid reason for not disqualifying him. West Yorkshire |Police are looking into the matter to see if any disciplinary action is necessary.

    NeeNaw1545925537
  6. Kloozo
    Started by Kloozo,

    A good mate of mine (A traffic PC in Essex) has just sadly lost his son after a lengthy and dreadful illness. I wont divulge his surname but his name is Warren. Most Essex Police readers will know who I mean. My thoughts are with Warren, his wife and remaining son at this most awful of times. He is a great bloke and they are a lovely family. Life is fragile - handle with care. Deepest sympathy mate.

    • 3 replies
    • 501 views
  7. NeeNaw1545925537
    Started by NeeNaw1545925537,

    Okay, let me set the scene. One of our number (now gone to Metland funnily enough) goes on a well deserved break to Greece. He loves it so much but not forgetting his lovely colleagues back home, he decides to send them a post card. Being the joker he is he sends them a rather rude postcard. Everyone laughs and enjoys the fun. They pin this to the notice board in the office for everyone to see and giggle at. Then a dark cloud covers much of Essex, and the country. The government annouce Neighbourhood Policing. Roger, being the good chief impliments it early. Then an even funnier thing happens. To relieve their frustrations people begin graffitting thin…

    • 41 replies
    • 3.2k views
  8. sarahb7538
    Started by sarahb7538,

    Ok well i'm just about to start the recruitment process with cheshire police as they have just re-opened their recruitment lines. I have just come accross this forum whilst doing a bit of research on the net. Any hints , tips or advise would be greatly appreciated and i would love to hear from anyone else who is just about to start the process for a bit of moral support !!!

    • 1 reply
    • 730 views
  9. Snookie
    Started by Snookie,

    Hi there Just thought i should say hello, after 12 long months of tests and forms, subject to refrences i have been accepted to Hampshire Constabulary - anyone got any advice? What boots/shoes are most comfy?

  10. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Stand by all you lads and lasses out there, the Prison Officers are reportedly coming out on an 'all out' strike, next Friday. Guess who will be filling in for their jobs, yes, Police Officers. Lots of overtime like the last time this happened.

    • 13 replies
    • 517 views
  11. Uncle Vanya
    Started by Uncle Vanya,

    Now heres one for those who, like me, have well 'developed' sense of humour.... Many moons ago, when I was young (a few years).... I used to work in a certain office in HQ at Springfield where all ..'Der computer Machinen' were kept.... thats right... the Computer Suite. One morning on early turn, I sat there munching away on a jar of pickled onions that I am very partial to, even today. Unfortunately I had forgotton the a new section manager had been appointed, and much later after the pickled onions had 'brewed away' nicely in my tummy tum tum!! Yes.... the ineveitable happened..... I blew a massive loud and very 'smelly' 'botty-burp'!!....was I proud of that o…

    Graham1545925480
  12. catprincess
    Started by catprincess,

    I need to moan so here goes.......... PCSO's in my force can now drive marked up police cars. Whilst sitting in the office the other day a few were moaning about how they were not allowed to use the lights etc etc GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

  13. ShawT
    Started by ShawT,

    Hello everyone, We've all been in a situation where something comical has occurred, you need to remain professional but due to the gravity of giggles it's tearful ...or when you just want to cry out loud with anger, stamp your feet and tear your hair out:- I must tell you this one. A few months ago I administered some eyewash solution an elderly gent who was involved in a PI. His windscreen was shattered as was hit by a metal pole from a lorry. The elderly gent in a bit of a panic said he had glass in his eye. I had a look but I reckoned it was just dust so I gave him a squeezy saline solution for his eye. He squeezed it into his eye and successfully cleared any …

    • 1 reply
    • 675 views
  14. lockerroom
    Started by lockerroom,

    Judging by some of the humour that floats round these forums this could be interesting. Was walking from station (rail) to station (police) the other day at an unearthly hour listening to mp3 player. And it led me to ask myself: What would be the soundtrack to policing? I have, so far, come up with the following top 3. Radiohead: Creep. (for the immortal line, "What the hell am I doing here") The Prodigy: Full Throttle. (Not an intended reflection of police drivers, but more a reflection of the way it sometimes feels) Anything by Rage Against The Machine. (goverment interference, beaurucracy, ridiculous targets, idiotic enforced working practices) Sugg…

    NeeNaw1545925537
  15. NeeNaw1545925537
    Started by NeeNaw1545925537,

    Everyone should buy one of these! They are perfect for when you are chatting to a suspect/ aggrieved who refuses to turn the TV down! https://wwws.gadgets.co.uk/item/TVBGONE/TV-B-Gone---New-Euro pean-Model-II.html

    • 12 replies
    • 521 views
    NeeNaw1545925537

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.