The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
USA JAIL - SOME INTERESTING READING TO THOSE OF YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH JOE ARPAIO, HE IS THE MARICOPA COUNTY SHERIFF (ARIZONA) AND HE KEEPS GETTING ELECTED OVER AND OVER AGAIN. These are some of the reasons why: Sheriff Joe Arpaio created the 'tent city jail' to save Arizona from spending tens of millions of dollars on another expensive prison complex. He has jail meals down to 20 cents a serving and charges the inmates for them. He banned smoking and pornographic magazines in the jails, and took away their weightlifting equipment and cut off all but 'G' movies. He says: 'They're in jail to pay a debt to society not to build muscles so they can assault innocen…
-
- 16 replies
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
is the government's response to an earlier petition, signed by 49,447 people (including me) for Jeremy Clarkson to be made Prime Minister. Considering where it came from, it's quite funny.
-
I am looking for a safety camera subscription for my Tomtom 710. I have found the scratchcard at various on-line retailers at around £15 - 20. PC World advertise it at £4.97, but the only store that has it is Chesterfield, and they will only allow you to collect in-store. Any enterprising Derbyshire resident fancy calling in to the store and buying a hat-ful to sell on here for a fiver-ish plus costs? Unfortunately I can't wangle a blue-light trip that far away at this time, otherwise I'd be doing it myself!
-
The new Batman (Dark Knight) movie? Totally random topic, but i loved it!
-
- 15 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
You know its approaching that time of year, get the suitcases out, pack the Thong and throw in a book to read by the pool. May I suggest this one : Foxtrot Oscar by Charlie Owen. The Quote on the Front cover of 'Life on Mars meets The Sweeney Only Harder' doesnt do it justice. This is set in the Summer of 1976 on a Mythical North manchester Town, who's police Station callsign is HA or Hotel Alpha' but to the locals it's 'Horses ######' All the troublsome officers from around the county end up here, and from there on I couldn't put this down. Very Very well written, especially for the older serving and recently retired members on here who can relate with many of the…
-
- 10 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
I've tried everything, really. I'm drinking lemsip with honey in it, I've gargled TCP, taken Ibuprofen and it won't go. It's now got to the point where I can't swallow or talk. I'm not going to the doctor about this either, they always tell me the same thing "You're young, sleep it off." Well doc, you try sleeping when you have a throat as sore as a sore mans sore!
-
...or is China winning a suspiciously large amount of gold medals?
-
- 27 replies
- 1.8k views
- 3 followers
-
-
As I am presently holidaying in western Scandinavia, I have brought a few novels with me. I am currently reading a very old copy of The Italian by Ann Radcliffe (a first edition, published in 1796) - anyone read it? Yesterday, I finished Bill Bryson's entertaining book Shakespeare. It's not a novel: it's a factual account of the life of the Bard. Easy reading, witty and very enjoyable - and enlightening, too. Those Tudors were a rum lot!!! And, as much of Shakespeare's career continued well into the 17th century, he shows us the Jacobeans were nearly as bad. I've also brought The Turn of the Screw an a few other novels by Henry James as he is an author I seem to h…
-
- 26 replies
- 814 views
- 2 followers
-
-
-
- 10 replies
- 541 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi everyone! I came across this forum by chance actually and what a find!! I have had a look around in the recruitment forum and found nearly all the answers to the questions i had about joining the Police Force. Now for a little about me. My real name is Chantelle but everyone calls me Hatty: hence the username, and 89 indicates my age ; (no i am not actually 89) I am 19 . From the age of about 7 i have wanted to become either a solicitor or work within the Police Service (ideally with police horses or police dogs) . I am currently a Legal Secretary at a Law Firm and although i enjoy my job i don't feel it is the path i want to fol…
-
- 5 replies
- 747 views
- 1 follower
-
-
The League was first created by 6 Police officers and is still growing. The league is now open for all. A friendly competitive League that welcomes everyone. Log onto www.xperteleven.com Once registered, click on the link to join a private league. Then enter the code 70537. This will bring you to my Private League where you can apply to join the BLUES & TWOS LEAGUE It's quick easy and for everyone, not just for AVID FOOTIE FANS. BLUES & TWOS LEAGUE ROLL OF HONOUR WINNERS - RUNNER UP. Premier League Season 1 Robbos Wonders --- Bee Hole Athletic Season 2 Robbos Wonders --- Bee Hole Athletic Season 3 Robbos Wonders --- Twofootnut Rovers Season 4 Robbos Wond…
-
Leading on from the Should Innocents' DNA record be destroyed thread, here's an article about the problems of drunken consent. I thought things had changed and that the man had a responsibility to ensure that the subject of his amorous advances was in a fit state to consent. being drunk isn't compos mentis, so the person is not in a fit state to consent.
-
- 43 replies
- 2.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Several news reports came out yesterday detailing that a high school Administrator in Northern Texas has decided that his teachers should undertake crisis management training, prior to being allowed to carry sidearms on the school property. Threat assessments carried out by the National School Safety Center, indicate that the most at risk schools lie close to a freeway. This decision follows three high profile 2006/07 high school gun attacks, which took place over a period of months, in Colorado, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Most schools in the U.S. and some in Canada, hold school emergency drills, which include lockdown situations. Canada, even tho…
-
- 12 replies
- 493 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It's interesting to read all the posts, so I thought I'd join in. I'm in the middle of the vetting procedure for L&B, waiting patiently for the home visit and cream cakes.