The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Series 2 starts tomorrow at 09:15 on BBC 1. The show follows neighbourhood officers from Humberside Police. I didn't see series 1, but may be worth a sky+? Features a Sgt I follow on twitter @SgtJamesMain
-
Well done to me on winning the July photography competition. I guess it goes to show what a sympathy vote can do for you. Thank you all who voted As always the winner, gets to pick the next theme and I have chosen.... "War and Peace" I'm thinking 1914-1918 memorials, Gaza/Israel, Ukraine, castles, armed forces days, soldiers etc and/or the peace: a person meditating, a rural landscape, empty city streets etc. Use your inspiration and let's have an eclectic body of work submitted. The Rules Photos to be entered on this thread between now and 21:00 on the 25th August 2014. Judging will then be from 25th August until probably around 21:00 on 31st August 2014. …
-
Hard to argue with this. A German's View on Islam - worth reading. This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist. A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. 'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and …
-
Heard this story on the radio today and had to check the date - powerful vacuum cleaners to be outlawed because they are partly the cause of climate change. !!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28878432 Can anyone top this as a reason to stay in the EU?
-
Many Happy Returns Croby. From one to another (if you know what I mean), I hope you have a really good day and get spoiled rotten by everyone. It may be early in the morning here in the uk but I shall raise a glass to you anyway, albeit an electronic one
-
- 12 replies
- 599 views
- 1 follower
-
-
It is such a terrible waste of a life that his situation will become. He is going exactly the same way that George Best went. I'm no football fan but he was clearly very skilled, and those skills could have been passed down to so many youngsters.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2717888/Will-Warsi-publish-warts-memoirs-Cameron-s-Cabinet-Publishers-clamour-diaries-minister-quit-Gaza.html - no great loss to Cameron. A woman who thinks she is better than she really is. Throws Teddy out of Pram because she didn't get the job she wanted. Her expenses left a lot to be desired and was luck not to have been suspended from the Cabinet. She has at least one supporter, the Plebgate man Mitchell, Birds of a Feather.............................. There doesn't appear to be much loyalty these days, she might be better to keep her thoughts to herself and show some integrity, people might respect her more. Thi…
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729178/Labour-s-Shabana-Mahmood-accused-encouraging-mob-rule-anti-Israel-protest.html It seems that an "Honourable Members" no longer needs to be honourable in their actions but can lower herself to conduct that borders on the criminal by inciting others to take direct action. It may sound racist but I am beginning to think that UK is becoming a tad too liberal in allowing just anyone to stand for Parliament - the political parties seem far too concerned about packing their ranks with all sorts of folk designed to reflect "the diversity of the nation" without thinking about what is best for UK. I have no truck with Israel for …
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html - I am really surprised that the PC BRIGADE are not complaining about this flying of two Lancasters, because it might upset out German friends.
-
Last night I saw a tv programme about car drivers of between 92 and 102 years of age. What they showed of the driving abilities of both the men and women, left a lot to be desired, and that is an understatement. Towards the end of the programme, a gentleman had to undergo a driving assessment because of his age. The assessor had to correct the man's driving by taking hold of the steering wheel, as well as giving words of advice of the driving at various stages. At the end of the assessment, the said assessor said to the man 'I ampleased to tell you that you have passed the assessment.' Well, I was shocked not to mention disgusted at the standard (or lack of it) that was s…
-
Many Happy Returns for today leemo, and remember, not too much 'sauce'
-
So I know some forces have tattoo policy's that say you have to cover them up, but what i want to know is why is this still a thing in 2014? Thoughts?
-
So I'm having a look at Flightradar24 and noticed three high altitude balloons, 63'535 ft up over Brazil. They are registered to Google and I never knew this project existed. A quick search and here is Project Loon!
-
........... that we live in a violent and disruptive society. I've been home for the last week and my wife has been at one of the mines; so I've been taking our boys to pre-school each day. They do love their nursery rhyme CDs and listening to the lyrics I really wonder if they are subliminally brain-washing them into being violent & disruptive ............... after all, "Goosey, goosey, gander" finds an old man who wouldn't say his prayers and so takes him by the left leg and throws him down the stairs (GBH at a minimum I guess?). "Pop goes the weasel" advocates pawning your clothes to buy gin and "Little Brown Jug" talks of the pleasures of gin and rum .............…
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723408/Paramedics-dummy-drug-heart-attacks-Controversial-trial-patients-given-placebo-instead-adrenaline-heart-stopped.html If true, this proposal seems totally out-of-line with the sworn duty of medical professionals to do their utmost to save life (or maybe I'm being old-fashioned in my thinking & that's not their aim any more). The suggestion is that it will be a "blind" experiment where even the paramedics will not know they are using the placebo rather than adrenalin - that seems to me to be grossly unacceptable as it effectively ties the hands of the individuals in their fight to save people. As I say, maybe I…