Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729287/ISIS-beheads-journalist-James-Wright-Foley-warning-US.html The fact that the "executioner" (I prefer to call them "murderer") had a British accent seems a worrying development and, perhaps, David Cameron's words about the spread of ISIS to UK may be prophetic. I wonder if he will consider that his efforts to reduce the Police in both numbers and morale may have a profound impact on how the country can safeguard itself against such extremism being imported? I suspect the answer is "no".

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.9k views
  2. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    The poll is up there /\/\/\/\ The pictures are here: 1. 1. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Warsaw by Cuddles, on Flickr 2. In Flanders fields the poppies grow by David 3. Peace Time by TheKnight_RS 4. Ruhiger See by Derf, on Flickr 5. Stonehaven War Memorial by Milankovitch Voting available until 31 August. LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE OVER RUNNING THE PHOTO COMP. PLEASE PM ME IN YOU'RE INTERESTED

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 475 views
  3. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Lol...

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 873 views
  4. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    Well, I've been in the dog house because of a cat problem. Mrs Dave SYP's work colleague's cat had a litter of kittens and we had arranged for one of our 'offspring' to give one of the kittens a home. After a short few weeks, said offspring decides that they can't cope with it, so we have reluctantly and embarrassingly returned it to it's former owner. There are many quite obvious reasons why I don't want to give the poor thing a home myself. However, it seems I am being insensitive and am now the devil incarnate. I hope this doesn't last, or the cooking fat won't be the only thing looking for a new home!

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 3.3k views
  5. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    So this is aimed at all Mac users. The new OS X is called Yosemite. It's in Beta at the moment, but as the operating system is free and in the final developers you can download it and it connects to the App store, so when they release the public version it will just update from that http://appleseed.apple.com I've been using it for several days now, and have had no issues, tested multiple browsers, adobe software, games and no issues at all. Its a lot faster and nicer on your eyes.

    • 14 replies
    • 658 views
  6. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    Mine at the moment is Twinings Breakfast tea

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. 37240932704982
    Started by 37240932704982,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CzHFhZFk3g#t=76 ...Sorry, I had to.... I just had to...

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 415 views
  8. Damsel
    Started by Damsel +,

    Only 118 days til Christmas.... Another couple of weeks and Bas will have his decorations down from the loft :D

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 596 views
    Administrative Account
  9. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    The 39-year-old was sitting the exam at a test center in Piccadilly Gardens when staff saw an earpiece fall to the floor Driving theory tests in the city centre are held at 111 Piccadilly A man was arrested after he was caught cheating on his driving theory test - by “phoning a friend”. The 39-year-old was sitting the exam at a test centre in Piccadilly Gardens when staff saw an bluetooth earpiece fall to the floor. The candidate had been communicating with another person who was feeding him the answers. Shocked workers immediately suspended the theory test and rang 999. Police were called to the scene at 12.54pm on Monday afternoon and arrested a 39-year-old man…

  10. liam_twin
    Started by liam_twin,

    Adam please delete if this is a repost. Hi Folks, I've been in the job a couple of years now and have a question.. Any of the single people have pets and how do they manage with the shfits? I've been wanting a German Shepherd for a long time and wondered how people who lived on their own managed?

  11. milkandcookies
    Started by milkandcookies +,

    So I took part in the PC Nicola Hughes charity run, which was great fun and really tested my legs/knees to the limit. Had a few injuries from running. I havent been driving since April (medical reasons), but to get about I've started to cycle to get fit and travel to duty by. I find it works well on my body and I can get a good workout from it, also no injuries so far I'm trying to build by stamina back up as well. What do you prefer to do, cycling or running and why?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 520 views
  12. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    Possibly a little geeky, but I've got a few coins with a friends date of birth on that I want to frame and give them (inside joke), however I can't work out the best way to frame them (cheaply as well). Does anyone have any ideas? It's only eight coins, so not going to be huge.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1k views
  13. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2706366/From-symbol-hope-incarnation-sleaze-lies-greed-This-week-marks-20-years-Tony-Blair-Labour-leader-Now-Dominic-Sandbrook-asks-former-PM-sunk-low.html - I think this article sums up Blair to a T - a shallow, full of hubris, self-obsessed, greedy man, with a wife who is the same ilk. I don't normally wish serious ill of anyone, but I could make an exception for Blair.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.6k views
  14. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    I'm trying to think of a word that just won't come to mind. On the tip of my tongue. It sort of means 'patronising' or 'condescending' but isn't either. After a long and spun speech about the benefits of proposed (which are nothing but as they are going ahead anyway) changes where it was stated there had been lots of staff feedback when there had been nothing like: "It's somewhat [word] of Mr Bloggs to suggest there has been lots of consultation and feedback from staff when nobody in this room has been approached". (Nods from everyone in room).

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Ministry-Justice-fined-180-000-data-watchdog-HMP/story-22820897-detail/story.html If they cannot get it right, what hope is there for others.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 642 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.