The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
I had a visit last night from an old friend, Bob, who is a physicist. He spent some years working in Idaho with an elderly, retired professor of astro-physics who had a particular interest in time and, in particular, whether time is one-dimensional or whether it has several dimensions. He preferred the latter theory although human beings only experience time as a linear, single dimension phenomenon. Just before Christmas, the professor phoned him from somewhere in the US and with a very excited voice. The professor told Bob that he had made an amazing discovery beyond his wildest dreams and that would astonish the whole planet when they came to hear of it. Using ma…
-
- 41 replies
- 2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
No doubt some of you have seen THIS story all over the news in these past 2 days, but do you think that the parents should be charged with assisting someone in ending their own life? The 1961 suicide act does, afterall, state that "Killing ones self is not illegal, however, anyone who aids, abets, counsels or procures the suicide of another is liable to face 14 years in prison." I'm still undecided on the issue. On the one hand I agree that if someone is suffering from a terminal illness which incapacitates them, they should be able to end their life if they wish, but on the other hand I also think that should Euthanasia be made legal in the UK, that people would start t…
-
Hi, Anyone got any ideas about a college course that would assist in being employed by a local authoriy when retired ? A lot of local authorities and housing associations have community safety teams. I was thinking of the general certificate in health and safety(Nebosh).... As for me I'm currently a Dedicated Neighbourhood Officer working in inner city Liverpool and liase regularly with patner agencies. Your'e views please.
-
evening,Anyone see Traffic cops(i think it was traffic cops anyway) on bbc one on monday night??was just wandering if anyone knew what happened to the lorry driver that hit the stationary traffic?and also if anything else had come out about what had actually happened in the build up to the accident? was such a tragedy and my heart goes out to the families and also the driver of the lorry! cheers Manny
-
just add 10 words to the last post and lets write a story! i was walking the beat one day when i noticed.....
-
- 107 replies
- 6.9k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I have recently won an Xbox 360 and I am wanting to list it on eBay. The problem I have is that I believe they come in all different formats and sizes. The box is completely unopened and I can't see anywhere on the box that tells me what size it is etc. Any ideas how I may find out from the barcode etc?
-
I've been listening to this guy for quite some time and his skill just blows me away. I've been playing Guitar for 7, nearly 8 years and I can't do anything nearly as good as this guy can. Take a listen: Drifting Art of Motion Into The Ocean
-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7676266.stm Why are these Councils hoarding cash in Icelandic Banks, when they should be using the money to reduce Community Tax and improving local services. My local authority has 25 million stashed away in Iceland, but they say they cannot afford to go around filling in potholes in the road, and are considering closing the Library. I can understand them saving a few quid for emergencies, but not 25 million.
-
-
http://www.stainesnews.co.uk/staines-and-a...54472-21984054/ Deserves jail, if for no other reason, stupidity. :clapping:
-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7673591.stm Has the world gone mad? Did he really think that he was going to win the case? And furthermore, why is this man allowed to roam the streets? It sounds to me as though he needs some mental heath care.
-
- 10 replies
- 410 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I go away for a week with Mrs G & the girls to sunnier climes (well except Wednesday when it pissed it down but cant grumble) and I come back do a bit of online mooching to catch up as one does. I then notice something strange with M's avatar...... Promotion to the clouds, well done, dont forget us lowly 'uns down 'ere chuck.... Congratulations!
-
A bag thief in Torquay got a bit of a shock when he snatched a womans handbag, the victime used to be a rather good Cross Country Runner in her day and gave chase. Frightened the daylights of the thief cornered him with her bag and got it back., Good on yer Girl http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20081015/tod-british-granny-gives-thieves-a-run-f-6058bda.html Lugworm2008-10-15 23:42:46
-
- 6 replies
- 366 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Mandelson gets rich(er). BBC News item
-
- 16 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_30502...u=news.quirkies More a waste of police time. :thumbsup: