Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. whisky62
    Started by whisky62,

    Hi all I have applied to be a police officer and was wondering if anyone here has any examples of books/resources that you would recommend. I am after books that detail the police selection process from specifically numerical/verbal tests to the interview/role play exercises. I have taken a look at amazon etc however i would appreciate input. Is there any facility for applicants to share resources between other candidates? say for example someone becomes a student officer then no longer requires their initial text books? I know about ebay etc but was wondering if there is a area specifically for this need. Thanks Lee

    • 2 replies
    • 562 views
  2. specialteacher1546081026
    Started by specialteacher1546081026,

    Loosely based on the Northern Vs Southern thread.... Is it better for a prospective date/partner/whatever to be 'mean' or 'keen' (as the old addage goes - treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen)? I had this chat with the lasses at the weekend - we decided that the 'mean' type of fella is more of an attraction as there's the 'dark' side to them, but we thought that the 'keen' side was nicer in a longer term relationship. One of the girlies decided that it's all a game when you first start to date etc, and that us ladies are officially crap at playing the dating game - 'he's just not that into you' perfectly sums it up! So... men - does a keen lady make you want to hide your pet…

    • 36 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. Merged
    Started by Merged,

    I'm in town on Monday and with my sisters 30th coming up and mothers day around the corner, I wouldn't mind picking something up then whilst I have the money (and to save a trip back into town ). I fail at buying women gifts, the only person I can buy stuff for without confusion or worrying that it isn't what they will like is my father! My sister loves clothes, more so bags and my mum loves perfume, so I was thinking a bottle of Sarah Jessica Parker for her and maybe a decent bag from next or something for my sis? How do I know what bag is good and what isn't? Thanks in advance. Edit: I should have put this in "Help me".

    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. Pointdexter
    Started by Pointdexter,

    People are trying to sell me fake items. Insane hours at work. Insane management at work. Insane patients at work. Insane relatives. Orders being missing or misdelivered. Insane post office mishandling my packages Insane office workers at college stalling onmy refund. And newly purchased 60$ toothbrush just going up in smoke, literaly, faulty wiring while under manufacturer's warranty...made in ...USA? I think i'll go insane since i no longer have any energy to even get mad, so instead i'll just go around laughing uncontrollably.

    • 11 replies
    • 860 views
    Merlotmonster
  5. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...NNw7m1HgjBNFvBQ Dental phobia girl 'was eating' BTW ever tried DIY dentistry. http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/D...ch_Survey_Finds I have two phobias, one spiders, two, and this is a serious one, i sit bolt upright in middle of the night with this one. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/glouces...ire/7885231.stm Road salting 'no magic solution'

    Merlotmonster
  6. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1161278/Drug-addict-beat-Army-veteran-89-death-50-jailed-life.html I hope the little Scumbag gets a good beating when he gets to the prison. I don't think he will be so brave when he is inside, they will not all be 89 and frail.

    • 5 replies
    • 296 views
    IveToldYouOnce
  7. Merlotmonster
    Started by Merlotmonster,

    Is anyone watching the programme about the Miners strike, on BBC 4? Its about the policing of the miners strike and is really interesting. It surprised me how much violence was used however. On one day, the order was given for the mounted police to trot through the picket lines, but the footage shows them galloping over people. It is quiet shocking. Another bit showed the miners doing a peaceful sit-down protest and they were then attacked. The programmes interviews both police and pickets and it seemed that those in charge allowed this violence. Mrs T used to hate the miners so I suppose she ultimately gave the orders. Would this happen now do you think? I was too yo…

    • 7 replies
    • 577 views
    Merlotmonster
  8. sgtpepperband
    Started by sgtpepperband,

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/david_aaronovitch/article5877219.ece Interesting reading - shame people cannot manifest their anger in another way...

    • 3 replies
    • 355 views
    IveToldYouOnce
  9. Merlotmonster
    Started by Merlotmonster,

    So, is anyone on here a racing fan? Cheltenham starts tomorrow....I reckon on Binocular for the Champion Hurdle... Anyone got any tips??

    • 3 replies
    • 469 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. Batman2736
    Started by Batman2736,

    I received a curious invitation & announcement today. Apparently the current Home Secretary will be in the U.S. on March 15 and people are invited to pose questions to her on the subjects of reducing crime and terrorism. Questions are to be submitted via the British Consulate in Washington.

  11. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160520/Muslim-PC-sues-workmates-laughed-beard.html Here we go again, someone else who cannot accept that he wasn't up to the job. 'not cut out to be a Police Officer' was the comment from Bedforshire.Maverick222009-03-09 07:16:00

  12. Merlotmonster
    Started by Merlotmonster,

    just listening to some old songs tonight, and one actually made me cry! Do some songs bring up really old memories for you? Difficult times when you were younger? One song that does it for me is a Celine Dion number that was played at a friends funeral- he was 26 and died in a fire...it was 10 years ago now but when ever I hear it now it brings tears to my eyes... The song I was listening to reminded me of about 15 years ago when I was totally in love with someone who didnt feel the same way back. That gut wrenching feeling you get all came flooding back... Music is so powerful dont you think? Do you have any songs that really bring back the past?

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Silverwillow1546620257
  13. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    Looks like one that won't accept CPS bullsh*t. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7933396.stm

  14. undefined1546620446
    Started by undefined1546620446 * ,

    Dear respectable fellows, I am a PhD student working on Psychological Assessment of Police officers. lot of research has been done on identifying stress and related issues in your profession. I want your views about psychosocial issues current police are having. especially regarding the minority groups within police force. If someone is Black, asian or in terms of any ethnic minority, can share their strengths and problems. And all members in this forum are requested to reply to this topic. Its a must and will be a great help. Regards

  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1159886/Youve-gunged-Mandelson-covered-green-custard-anti-Heathrow-protester-live-TV.html Slime on a Slimeball. It couldn't have happened to a nicer man(not).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.