Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Dazbags
    Started by Dazbags,

    Like some of the other people posting here recently I realised that I’ve started to increase the number of posts but haven’t introduced myself so with apologies here I go: I’m in my early(ish) thirties, ok mid thirties and I’m from Cumbria. My parents met at the police training school in Bruche, my Grandad was an Inspector , several other family members and friends are or were police officers so I guess it’s in my blood. I served in the army, mostly Northern Ireland and Bosnia. I consider myself very fortunate to have worked with the RUC and greatly admired their professionalism despite all that was thrown at them. After the army I travelled and settled in the Iris…

  2. Mackers
    Started by Mackers,

    I've just seen this on another website and wanted to spread the word. There’s a way to get six bottles of Torres wine for £27 (which is 25% off) and get 900 bonus Tesco clubcard points on top of the usual points – these can then be traded in for £36 of Tesco Rewards (or £18 of further Tesco Wine) which means you’re £9 up. This is about combining deals, Tesco has confirmed that they can be used in conjunction. The deals are as follows: Buy any 6 or more bottles of wine before Sunday, get 25% off Buy a bottle of Torres wine (red, white or rose) and get 150 bonus clubcard points Each 1 clubcard point while worth 1p in store can be swapped for 4p of Tesco Reward…

  3. Brutus
    Started by Brutus,

    I had to take my dog to the vet this morning because she has been having intermittent headaches. The vet, who was Polish (I think) examined her and suggested some mild painkillers. The pot of tablets on the shelf did not contain enough, so he went around the back to get a new pot from which to dispense the requisite number of tablets. This new container had a thick, cellophane seal around the cap and the vet was having difficulty getting it off, so he reached into his jacket, which was draped over a chair, and pulled out a flick knife which he promptly opened and used to remove the cellophane. He closed the kniofe and popped it back into his pocket. I told my wife ab…

    • 11 replies
    • 494 views
  4. Penbwlch
    Started by Penbwlch,

    Well, the severe weather as the result of a cold front currently crossing the UK has just about passed us now. It has taken a little over one hour and dumped 10mm of rain on us (less than I expected). The maximum wind was at 18:13 and was 32.7mph but we are in a sheltered spot. To see what the rest of you are in store for, see Met Office radar.

  5. Shootist
    Started by Shootist,

    http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/news/LOVERS-TIFF-POLICE-DENY-DECEPTION/article-1122757-detail/article.html Neither do insurance fiddle by the looks of it.

  6. Bart
    Started by Bart,

    Has anyone seen the hoo haa that's been caused by these? There's one just been sold on fleabay for £5,800! More money than sense if you ask me!

    • 2 replies
    • 403 views
  7. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    A thread inspired by this post.

    • 3 replies
    • 402 views
    Graham1545925480
  8. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    Happy Birthday Deputywave, still a babe at only 41.

    • 5 replies
    • 318 views
  9. Shuck
    Started by Shuck,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/8121059.stm The Police know that it works, The public know that it works. Perhaps the Wise and Wonderful Government should take note! More Police, Less crime, happy populace! As that strange advert with a talking Russian meercat, says SIMPLES!

  10. MPS VPC
    Started by MPS VPC,

    Hi Guys, I'm new to Police Oracle and indeed policing itself. I'm a current serving Police Cadet in the Metropolitan Police Service and have been only for a year. So as I say I'm quite new to policing, and I'd joined the MPS with a view to become a Constable in a year's time (:-O it's gone quick); I guess I joined Police Oracle to see if I could further my knowledge and understanding of the mechanics of policing and of the Police Federation as a whole. I hope I get somewhat a good welcome, It's hard enough dealing with the general accepted view of Police Cadets and their value . So why do I plan to join the MPS? and look to become a Police Constable. I plan to…

  11. Bluebird1546620198
    Started by Bluebird1546620198,

    Today on top gear THE STIG has been unmasked. MICHAEL SHUMAKER OMG

    • 10 replies
    • 709 views
  12. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.policeoracle.com/news/PC-Gets-Greatest-Award-For-Saving-Toddler_19550.html This story would not be published by the National Press because it's a good story, so it isn't news. Good work done by the police which virtually goes unnoticed.

  13. Sister Purity
    Started by Sister Purity,

    .... I have returned! I can tell you've missed me. I have been away to sunny Callao Salvaje in Tenerife for a week's sojourn with Mr Purity. We had a splendid time - except that it was over all too soon. We went out on a catamaran whale watching, up the mountain by coach and cable car, to a pretty village high up in the mountains, to a vineyard and bodega (hic), ate and drank ourselves silly, swam, played bowls, water polo, met some nice people and relaxed at a splendid resort. There was a great deal more we could have done, but ran out of time to fit it all in. We will be going back, hopefully later this year if duties will allow!

  14. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Have a look here

  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1195870/Nine-police-officers-swoop-speeding-seafront-cyclist.html I wish I lived in Bournmouth, it must be a very low crime area if they can send that many coppers to a speeding cyclist. Surely they have better things to do than worry about a few cyclists exceeding 10mph. I know it's the Mail, but even a police spokesman admitted they sent SEVEN officers to the scene.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.