Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/BBMFCuts/ NuLabour have never been interested in those who gave their lives in WW2, or any other war for that matter, as far as they are concerned these people are expendable, as are those in Iraq and Afghanistan. If MP's gave up their expences for one year it would keep the BBMF going for ten years.

    • 7 replies
    • 391 views
  2. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1264805/Builder-accused-stabbing-burglar-17-death-face-trial.html Some common sense at last by the CPS - pity it took them so long to come to it. The lad should get a medal for defending his home against a couple of Scumbags who deserved what they got.

    • 4 replies
    • 326 views
  3. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8611275.stm Bottom line. Couple with a Down's Syndrome child, go to Frankie Boyle gig and then get upset when he makes a joke about Down's Syndrome. The mother is reported as saying......"We had obviously heard him making fun of other people, but quite often his humour appears to be clever humour or making a point about something." So it's ok to laugh about other people........marvellous. IveToldYouOnce2010-04-09 17:18:28

    • 5 replies
    • 392 views
  4. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    Just to let you all know that Google Street view is now open for the UK, rather than just a few cities, and even my little town is in it, right down to the cul-de-sac where I live.

    TheGrimReaper
  5. Brutus
    Started by Brutus,

    I have a 3rd Yr BA student who is studying phonetics and her final essay is on the different pronunciations of US/UK words, including consonant sounds, vowel sounds, stresses and pauses. She has hit an issue with the word vacate or, to be more precise, the vowel sound in the first syllable of that particle. Some of her textbooks, and indeed a dictionary, suggests that the British English pronunciation of vacate is /vəkeɪt/ (roughly pronounced as "ver-kate"). I said that, as a native British English speaker, I have NEVER heard the word pronounced that way. So far as I am concerned, it is always pronounced /veɪkeɪt/ (roughly "vay-kate"). I would appre…

    • 14 replies
    • 702 views
    HMService1545925553
  6. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren dies at 64 McLaren in his own words Malcolm McLaren, the former manager of punk group the Sex Pistols, has died aged 64, his agent has said. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8610423.stm RIP. Personally could not stand punk, bloody awful stuff.

    • 2 replies
    • 730 views
  7. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    My latest copy of the International (weekly) edition of the Daily Express recounts the tale of a pet shop owner who was fined GBP1000, subjected to a 7pm to 7am house curfew and tagged as aresult of being prosecuted for selling a goldfish to a child under the age of 16 years. It seemed a plausible story but maybe as it was the first edition in April, it was a April Fool joke? Can anyone please enlighten me?

  8. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8608806.stm

    • 1 reply
    • 254 views
  9. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    I have now 10 MB unlimited broadband, which turns out is limited. http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html So, watch iplayer for a few hours, and your speed gets reduced. Can this still be called unlimited?

    • 4 replies
    • 634 views
  10. ranroz
    Started by ranroz,

    Traveling down the interstate and needing to use the restroom, I stopped at a rest area and headed to the restroom. I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: "Hi, how are you?" I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom and I don't know what got into me, But I answered, somewhat embarrassed, "Doin' just fine!" And the other person says: "So what are you up to?" What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!" ?? At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question. "Can I come over?" O…

    • 0 replies
    • 440 views
  11. emzlou
    Started by emzlou,

    Hi all, I would love to hear great April Fool stories you have either from today or from previous years, please post them here thanks

    • 5 replies
    • 820 views
  12. mattyh101
    Started by mattyh101,

    Can anyone help me with uploading a picture. its just says failed Ta

  13. Pete1546620600
    Started by Pete1546620600,

    Mine changes from time to time but I really liked one that was on a birthday card I got from a mate, it read "Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman - it depends on how much happiness you can handle." - George Burns

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8606781.stm?ls Condolences to family friends and colleagues.

  15. ranroz
    Started by ranroz,

    This was asked on the MoD Oracle by one of our Members can anyone shed some light on it please. If its not possible then I will tell him I have tried Could someone clarify if the MDP or similar agency are issue'd these HP vehicles (similar to the silver ARV beemers in the Met) to carry out possible High Profile Terrorist Prison Personnel escorts? Also would external agencies such as MDP and other Forces use these type of vehicles for escort training purposes NB: not a walt question, but genuine interest due to my work based location

    • 0 replies
    • 289 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.