The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Hey, I currently have 4x Alloy Wheels (205/55) on my Ford Focus. However, after constantly getting flat tyres and punctures, I am now looking to buy 4x Part Worn regular tyres. So far the cheapest I've found is 30 quid per tyre from a corner garage, any ideas?
-
Ok guys so I've been here a while now and have only recently started to post. What I don't understand is I see no problem with my posts at all, they're not offensive or rude or anything like that? So why, when I go on my profile have I got -4 reputation? It just makes me look like a bad member when im not. Does this normally happen or is there just some immature people on here? Anyway sorry for the rant, but it had to be said. Just want to know reasons why I've got -4 rep.
-
-
Say you're out on the lash with friends and friends of friends, you're trying to have a good time, but one of them happens to be boring you to tears with tales of derring-do. They've been doing something that's a bit over rated, but they think they're the bees knees and it's gone beyond the politly-entertain-them-smile-and-nod phase. They don't take the hints, follow you about and keep going on about it. How do you deal with said person without walking out or being rude?
-
The Blue Lamp Foundation was the brainchild of Police Constable David Rathband. He had the idea of starting the foundation while lying in a hospital bed recovering from horrific injuries after being shot by Raoul Moat in the early hours of July 4 in Newcastle. In the weeks after the incident David came to realise how some members of the emergency services and their families may experience significant financial hardship after being injured in the line of duty.He had the idea of starting a charity which would provide emergency financial aid to cover unexpected costs such as hospital car parking charges, emergency child care costs and travel costs to help relatives visit fr…
-
- 9 replies
- 5.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
DO I GET TO TAKE MY BATON HOME?/!/1/1/1 I CANT WAIT TO BUY NON ISSUED KIT EVEN THOUGH IVE NOT STARTED MY TRAINING, AND CONFIRMED@@@@ If i get to take it home, will it be justified if i hit a burglar with it whos trying to break into my neiboughrs shed ???? Before i do this of course i would quickly put on my armor, and put myself on duty with my airwave. Everytime i see someone dropping litter, or not wearing a seatbelt im going to flash my warrant card!! will this be okay ??? NANDOS ???? is it 25% or 50% ??? Anyone feel once you have 'removed' yourself or grown out of this stage of being a special to be - that the forum tends to get alot less useful ? The special…
-
My 'pet hate' are people who have been retired from the Forces for years, who still call themselves Captain, Colonel etc etc, IMHO it's just a form of snobbery, and is retained by people who have difficulty not being in command, or cannot get used to the fact that they no longer have power over people.
-
- 11 replies
- 762 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8259211/Yorkshire-Ripper-Peter-Sutcliffe-to-die-in-prison-after-losing-appeal-against-whole-life-tariff.html Good news for women in the UK, that perverted muderer Sutcliffe will never be coming out of prison. All murderers should be treated the same, even better, they should all be put down to save money.Maverick222011-01-14 16:53:14
-
- 6 replies
- 338 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Amazing! http://www.microsoft.com/germany/aktionen/mach-es-machbar/
-
Give this a try It's truly amazing. Check out the link below. I was shocked to find EXACTLY where I am right now on Google Earth... NOT a house or street but where I am right now! It's really unbelievable! I was surprised to know such a system exists. It is a GPS type system and will find the exact location of any Internet user in a second, using a sophisticated algorithm to do so. http://www.darnay.com/iec/features/locator/index.html
-
Not sure if this is the right place (feel free to move it). After watching Road Wars I was wondering if anyone on here has ever been in one of these real life Police programs? Edit: And if so, then what?
-
Happy New Year, all. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I have it on good authority that some people enjoy reading, particularly Novels. So: What are you reading at the moment? What have you read recently? What makes a good book? Personally, I recently finished reading 1974, by David Peace. It has emotionally scarred me and left me with a deep seated fear of the North. I kid, of course, I love the North and would explore it as eagerly as I might [insert lewd pun here], but it was definitely the grimmest crime novel I have read in recent years. Corruption, conspiracies and all-sorts going on there. :3
-
After a week of voting the results are in and the winner of the December PS.com photo competition is, erm, me... Good job it was a public vote or you'd all be crying "FIX!" Seriously, well done to everybody who has submitted a photograph to the competition, every single one was fantastic. Thanks also to everybody who voted. The subject for the next monthly competition will be announced on the 14th of January and I'm hoping that more of you will be able to join in and help build on the success of this competition. The results: (The voting topic can be found here where you can see all entries and see who voted for whom) Finally, the winning photograph: Flow-tation …
-
How very apt for the Royal Fail!!! I was browsing their site this morning and had to chuckle at the circled text next to my mail is late or lost
-
Alex Reid and Katie Price are to split! Never saw that coming Anyone got any ideas on what else I should see coming round the corner????