Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    It is a piece of American cinema history known to horror buffs across the globe. And now the haunted house from 1978's 'The Amityville Horror' movie is up for sale. The 10-room colonial-style structure at 18 Brooks road in Toms River was built in the 1920s and is listed for $1.35 million Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2019137/Amityville-horror-house-sale-1-35-million.html#ixzz1TsFCUUy0 Would you buy this house if had the money? Me, i would stay well away.

    • 5 replies
    • 889 views
  2. Obain
    Started by Obain,

    I'm sure we are all aware of tea banter. I had a good example last week where I walked into the office of one of the teams I work with a lot when the skipper says in a concerned tone.. I was thinking uh-oh what have I done so walk over to see the computer where skipper has written.. In the biggest possible text.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Happy Birthday NewBeatBoy.

  4. rector
    Started by rector,

    I know there's already a topic for the riots but its 80 Pages long and I thought this was too important to be at the back so, I just needed to say to any officer of a police force that are in riot situations, that the general law abiding public applaude you in your bravery and courage, and as a member of the public I personally would like to thank you. If you check out this facebook page, you'll see the amount of support you have (Last count 462,931) and by this I hope it will give you the push to know that what you are doing is right. Supporting the london met Be safe tonight guys

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 715 views
  5. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14446449 This is sad. I enjoyed Food & drink when it was first aired, and found Michael Barry's cooking accessible and sensible. Sad to die so young. Food & Drink was the sort of programme which the BBC used to be good at. It was a prograpmme about Food & Drink, more than a cookery progeramme, more than a wine programme, it made us think about food and appreciate it, far more than cookery programmes or Shleb chef progammes. It lost its was shortly before the end, lost its ethos, got 'improved' by some idiot and I lost interest in it.

    • 0 replies
    • 511 views
  6. Bill Gibbons
    Started by Bill Gibbons,

    Earlier this year, the actor John Nettles "retired' from his role as DCI Tom Barnaby in Midsomer Murders at the age of 67. I noticed that many actors who play TV coppers are too old for their roles in real life. Here is a list of them: Martin Shaw: DCI George Gently (aged 65) John Nettles; DCI Tom barnaby ("retired" at age 67) Sir David Jason; DI Jack Frost ("retired" at age 67). Sir David would have been too short to join up in the early '70s due to the height restrictions of that time. The late Mark McManus; DCI Jim Taggart (aged 59) Mark would also have been too short, as Glasgow police officers were required to be a minimum of 6ft at one time. The late Jack War…

    • 2 replies
    • 716 views
    Administrative Account
  7. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

    Here's a selection of my holiday photos from Tenerife. More available on my Flickr page. DSC_3943_3695 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3903_3683 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3831_3629 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3773_3586 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3746_3570 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3718_3564 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3696_3543 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3694_3542 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3624_3501 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3606_3494 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr DSC_3598_3487 by Have Nikon will travel, on Flic…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 839 views
  8. kpeter201546620256
    Started by kpeter201546620256,

    I am selling 1999 'T' BMW 328i se Touring in metallic Green, full MOT, 6-8 weeks tax and FSH. Just had new battery and two new rear tyres to get through the MOT with no advisories. Just had full valet and currently has a full tank of fuel. Bombproof engine and mechanics, however, as usual with the e36 BMW, it has some rust to two of the arches and the bottom of the drivers door. Few hundred quid would sort this I think. Also with a couple of marks on the bodywork as is normal with cars of this age. Auto box with economy, sports and snow modes, box is smooth as is the engine. Box kicks down as it should. Inside has the odd mark but nothing bad and it cleans up good. …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.8k views
    kpeter201546620256
  9. Penbwlch
    Started by Penbwlch,

    It has been pointed out to me that we don't have a wine club. For some reason, nobody mentioned wine in the Hobbies thread. Perhaps wine is too serious a subject to be considered a hobby. Let's see. Iechyd da.

  10. Bart
    Started by Bart,

    This is a must see !! Click here

    • 1 reply
    • 510 views
  11. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Following on from another thread I thought we'd have a food debate. I would say it's tongue in cheek, but that might lead to bleeding tongues.M&MBM2011-07-26 21:33:25

  12. EmilyP
    Started by EmilyP,

    Today, I spent 3 hours of my life in a police station in a foreign (EU) country where I don't speak the language. I am one of 10 complainants in a criminal allegation and have a very good local lawyer who was with me all the time. I wanted to share some of my experience because as I sit here in a hotel room, it occured to me that HMG could learn a lot from this country. The office where I was interviewed (well I wasn't actually interviewed because my lawyer handed over a prepared statement) was occupied by two "CID" officers from a specialist unit. They had lockers (granted, one of them still had a "hammer & sickel" sticker on it) for their belongings, a telephone…

    • 2 replies
    • 325 views
  13. Guest baby elephant
    Started by Guest baby elephant,

    I've just seen that the leader of the house Sir George Young has said that not to debate the death penalty again would be against democracy. Surely that would make sense,as would it's re-introduction,given that there seem to be more and more murders nowadays. I know that many people would not agree, but a short time ago,I was lifting an old carpet,and underneath I found part of a very old newspaper. One of the articles was reporting that a person had been executed for the murder they had commited. I found that to read it had the 'pow' factor and it made me think 'if only that were the case today,perhaps things would be different. Food for thought ?

  14. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    .........I can't find it on the BBC or DM sites........ But I heard on Radio 2 earlier something about the Fire Service complaining about their canteen staff getting made redundant. Now. I don't know about you lot, but I make my own 'pack-up' to work, and have done since I started. You'd think that they'd be able to feed themselves...........anybody heard what exactly it is they're complaining about??

  15. medic1
    Started by medic1,

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 799 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.