Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Uppy
  2. toffeewrapper
    Started by toffeewrapper,

    All the best ........... hope you have a good one

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 647 views
  3. skydiver
    Started by skydiver +,

    Bercow might say that he is mindful of the cost of his travel expenses but £7500 per person for a 7 day trip to Australia seems excessive as is £1000 for what appears to be a one way car journey from Halifax to London which works out at £4.60 per mile. The country is constantly reminded that we are all in this together and that cuts and savings are required across the board, yet some people seem to be immune from the effects of this policy and seem to think that they are entitled to 1st class travel and arrangements. I wonder if George Osborne's target of 25-40% cuts in Government departments will apply to Parliament or to Bercow's next set of travel arrangements?

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 1.8k views
  4. westie
    Started by westie,

    This man has featured on many of the news bulletins today. I wish he would butt out. He is no longer the PM, and he has done enough damage to the country already, not least, dare I mention, IRAQ :angry:

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 821 views
    OldAfricaHand
  5. cyswork
    Started by cyswork +,

    I've planned a holiday to Thailand and Hong Kong in December/January. Anyone else have any planned/completed holidays they would like to share? I've been to Florida recently this year and absolutely loved it! Went to Orlando's Universal Studios and of course the Disneyland, I'm a big kid, but I do not regret it! I've also been to Cambodia, Vegas - but only for the grand canyon , China - Hangzhou area, Kuala Lumpur, Canada - Toronto for Niagara Falls, some of europe... I love my travels! Any other holiday destinations you would recommend? Enjoyed? (I'm not sure if this topic has been done before? :D) - Just thinking, this might be better in the Locker Room?! But I guess…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. James255
    Started by James255 +,
    • 13 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. ted123
    Started by ted123,

    Does anyone know if being a Special Constable is compatible with being a volunteer instructor in the Army Cadet Force? I know that being in the Armed Forces is not compatible, I wondered if the same would apply for being an ACF volunteer as you do actually get registered as being in the forces as such.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. westie
    Started by westie,

    Whilst of course I don't agree with all the violent demonstrations in Greece last night, I can understand how the Greek people feel. They voted against the austerity measures a short time ago, but it now seems that they have been sold down the river by the Greek government in order to now accept pretty much the same kind of measures. How would people feel here I wonder, if a similar thing happened.

  9. Radman
    Started by Radman +,
    • 1 reply
    • 819 views
    AmIObligedtoAnswerThat
  10. westie
    Started by westie,

    According to the Daily Telegraph, the price today is $57 a barrel. Compare that with the price at the pumps, and it suggests to me that someone, somewhere is extracting the urine. A short time ago people were talking about the pumps going down to just £1 per litre. Where the hell has that theory gone now. It seems to me that HMG need to do a lot of heavy leaning on someone in order to bring the price down accordingly

    Cosmo Smallpiece
  11. westie
    Started by westie,

    When it was announced on the news this morning that the fox hunting vote had been cancelled for tomorrow, I was pleased. That said, I was in favour of the way it would appear that the vote would have gone, but in my opinion, the SNP have shown themselves to be too big for their boots (for want of another way of putting it) and they appear to have been put in their place. I apologise to any members of the forum North of the border if my comments have offended them, that was not the intention, just wanted to air my own views.

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 3.2k views
    OldAfricaHand
  12. westie
    Started by westie,

    I guess most coppers must be on nights tonight. Either that or they are away in the land of nod. Unlike me, who cannot sleep tonight for some reason. I need some Zzzzzzzzzz

  13. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    Well. Here's fun. We'll be getting a 1% pay rise for the next 4 years............I can't remember what we got for the last 4 years......... Handy though, as in the next 4 years there won't be a zero-rated car tax band.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2.9k views
  14. westie
    Started by westie,

    Many Happy Returns RM Have a good day.

    OldAfricaHand
  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Army-truly-sorry-deaths-reservists-Brecon-Beacon/story-26899914-detail/story.html - I wonder if the top brass will be held to account over these deaths. No doubt they will blame it on junior officers and try to absolve themselves from blame, as they do over most things, bullying etc, in the Army. Everything is put right after the events with the usual, 'we will learn from our mistakes'[, problem is, they rarely do learn.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 804 views
    Reasonable Man +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.