Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. ted123
    Started by ted123,
  2. IanW
    Started by IanW +,
  3. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-33126885 My inner geek cheered when I heard this news................. Awesome what we can do. With millions and millions of pounds. There are places in my county where I can't get an Airwave signal.........but my mobile phone works just fine using, ostensibly, the same technology and infrastructure. Anyhoo. Aren't we (as a species) capable of unbelievable things??!?!?!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 909 views
  4. gallifrey
  5. Reasonable Man
    Started by Reasonable Man +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33109755 Arise Sirs Van, Kevin, Gareth et al. Let the slating and criticism begin.

    • 1 reply
    • 654 views
  6. Gone
    Started by Gone,

    I've got this friend who has a beard, and she could be a Special Constable in the near future, and so was a bit curious about what people thought about Constables with beards. She herself has a full red beard that is going to clash horrendously with a high-viz jacket. It's not me though. No way. It's my friend. So, 1. Do you think beards are scruffy per se, or do you find particular styles/lengths/colours scruffier than others? and 2. How do you think this affects the public's image of a Constable?

      • Like
    • 37 replies
    • 5.3k views
  7. Mr_Kipling
    Started by Mr_Kipling,

    Hello, Some people in life get their kicks/highs from going to a theme park and getting on a rollercoaster. All my life I have wanted to be a passenger in an official blue light vehicle responding legitimately to a call, and my occupancy being in that vehicle 100% legal. I'm not bothered if this is an Ambulance, coast guard, police, fire, ect... I would just like to know is this at all possible? If a fee is required or donation is required I can pay that. as long as I do not commit any crime and everything is above board & 100% legal. I just don't know where to start.

    • 5 replies
    • 630 views
  8. Zac Phillips
    Started by Zac Phillips,

    So what is the general opinion on video games like Grand Theft Auto, do police officers play it?

    • 16 replies
    • 797 views
  9. Zulu 22
    Started by Zulu 22 +,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-33091675 Why would anyone in their right mind want to start yet another enquiry into something from 30 years ago. I have just heard interviews with officials of the NUM making all types of unchallenged allegations. Allegations of “Kettling” and brutal assaults, and perjury by the Police. They even claimed that there were many Miners injured but no Police were injured. To me that would say that the person making such a statement was not there. I remember there being thousands of Miners and their unattached supporters charging the Lines of hundreds of Police Officers, who received many injuries. It appears t…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  10. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,
  11. IveToldYouOnce
    Started by IveToldYouOnce,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33003782 I'm not quite sure I understand what the head of IPSA has been quoted as saying....... "Ipsa's chief executive Marcial Boo said: "Clearly everybody is entitled to their view, but overall MPs are not going to be benefiting any more than they were before because the adjustment to their salary is compensated for by the cuts to their pension and the allowances." He told the BBC: "MPs, like all of us, are very welcome to choose to give their money to charity when they receive their salary." If I understand what he's saying........because MP's pensions have been cut and their allowances have been 'reigned in', th…

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Reasonable Man +
  12. mummypatrol
    Started by mummypatrol,

    I have literally watched Lee throughout my entire life, from Dracula and Bond to Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. He was also a bit of a secret war hero by all accounts. RIP the greatest of the Undead.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 506 views
    Reasonable Man +
  13. Zulu 22
    Started by Zulu 22 +,

    The EU Referendum - In or Out The Referendum bill passed its first reading to day in the Houses of Parliament. The Ayes had it with over 500 votes, a hefty majority. What I found extraordinary was the stance of Alex Salmon for the SNP. They were opposed to any referendum at all. It is only a matter of weeks since the Scots had a referendum on Scotland leaving the United Kingdom,; a straight vote - In or Out. Having had their referendum how can they be opposed to a referendum for Great Britain on the E.U. In or Out. What is the difference? I mean we have never ever had a referendum on the EU. We had one in 1975 about joining the European Common Market but never o…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 770 views
    Reasonable Man +
  14. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    'Evening all! I know we have the Sports Clubs at Imber Court; Hayes; Chigwell and Bushey. But I was curious if there were any other Police clubs (or Police related) in central London, British Legion style?

  15. Coder
    Started by Coder,

    Hello PS! As a player of the airsoft sport, I was wondering if anyone else on here does airsoft? It's so much fun and get's the adrenaline flowing especially if you are trying to sneak up on the enemy and trying not to make a sound! I have only been playing for around a year, and just stocked up on ammunition, CO2 and weapons!! All ready for the next game! I look forward to hearing from you, by the way include any photo's of your current kit / loadout! Edit: Also, what position do you play on in the field? I used to be a sniper but have changed to Assault, but I now want to be a sniper again, haha! Cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 365 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.