The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
So, completed PDU last week and have successfully booked myself on for 3 earlys over the next 3 days. Many hurdles overcome and yet I seem to be failing miserably at the last one- getting to sleep! I need to be up in just under 6 hours and apparently I'm not going to be sleeping anytime soon. help! I'm reluctant to reach for the Glenfiddich the night before a shift...
-
Happy Easter all those who celebrate. Please, no reports come Monday of inappropriate bunny touching or chocolate thefts from baskets that aren't yours.
-
-
- 26 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear Gran. Bless her. She's wondering if she can have your help once more as she's stuck. R R D you H C O B H C She knows she's missing a letter, but hopes you can help her. Eight-part ITV crime drama (11)
-
After three years of university and dozens of 'Day before' essays I have taught myself to touch type! I average about 80-85 words per minute. After having people question why I could type so fast at the nick the other day, I was curious as to the average of PS.com! I know there are some call handlers on here who I can assume will have very high WPM! Have a go, http://typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu/?lang=en (that's a link for commonly used words without sentence structure) http://www.careerstep.com/free-typing-test2?utm_expid=4236054-28&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F (A link with structure, however it is US dictionary)
-
The poll is up there /\/\/\/\ The pictures are here: Snow by Jakeh Tortlet the Tortoise by TankTanker Perfect Pink by Dungeon Monkey Coniston by Jeebs Hello by McFlurry Grey Heron by Sparkydale Swan by Chewie Blue Tits by Cuffbertt
-
Another good round of entries from a subject that seems to have inspired lots of different interpretations. Either way, McFlurry wins with an image good enough for a postcard titled "Hello" Well done McFlurry. A shiny new Mods award will be winging its way to you as soon as I can pin down a mod.
-
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9964348/David-Cameron-wades-into-swamp-to-rescue-sheep.html He's gone up in my estimation.
-
http://www.dailymail...ty-job-U-S.html - The more Labourites leave the UK the better, here is a man who is a very poor loser because his brother, Nasal Ed, beat him to leader of the Labour Party. A true Marxist, Banana Man, son of a communist, whose wife threw a ''hissy fit'' because her little boy didn't win. Lets hope he stays in the USA for good, he never did much for the UK, except bleed it dry with Blair and Brown.
-
Another topic about cop film got me thinking... On IMDB there are plenty of folk negative towards to the new remake even before its released (a tad unfair I feel). Soooo, my question is this. Remakes definitely have their place, who here is looking forward to this one? And who thinks it's a bad idea? But most importantly, why??? Personally I'm right up for this. It'll be interesting to see how they do it!
-
Several months ago, I was using the changing rooms in the gym at my university when a young woman just barged in. there was a knock on the door and a girl of about 17 or 18 marched straight in. I was the only man in there at the time. She was a member of a ballet a club which uses the facilities and was looking for a male member and she asked me, in Swedish, if I had seen him. I said I hadn't and I told her off in quite strong terms about barging in like that. She protested that she had knocked, but I pointed out that a knock does not mean that users know that a female is the person knocking, and that those of us getting changed would not have had any time to cover our mo…
-
My girlfriend and I are trying to complete a list of riddles for a charity thing. We've got all of them except one we can't get our head around. The riddles are short phrases which relate to the name of a town in the UK, for example:- Maybe half of a disgusting insect (7) = Crawley Mr Milliband on an island (9) = Edinburgh Does this beast expect water here? (6) = Oxford A dark patch of water (9) = Blackpool The one we are stuck on is... A cleric after a tropical fruit (8) Help will be much appreciated
-
Just put up by UK Cop Humour... Very funny, well worth a watch!
-
I'm truly awful at getting results from the search function so apologies if this topic is already running in some capacity. I've just finished watching End of Watch with Jake Gyllenhaal - one of the best Police based films I've ever seen, it was fanastic. Anyone else seen it? Any other recommended cop films?
-
Hi all, Can I start by asking the Moderators to move this into the correct section of the forum, as I have looked at each section and my topic/question does not seem to fit anywhere. My general questions are: How would an individual join the UKBA Enforcement team (Immigration Raids ect.) Can you apply directly into the enforcement team? What exactly are the role titles within the UKBA Enforcement team? (Immigration Officer, Assistant Immigration Officer) Qualification requirements/Application process, can anyone provide any information of this? Can anyone give me an insight into the roles, daily duties ect.? I would also like to understand exactly what powers offic…
-
- 1 reply
- 672 views
- 1 follower
-
-
See cute picture in today's thread of new female kitten with no name... Let's see if we can assist LosingGrip by helping choose a suitable name.