Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. croberon
    Started by croberon,

    Click

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.1k views
    OldAfricaHand
  2. westie
    Started by westie,

    Many happy returns Scoop, and have a lovely day and lots of

    IveToldYouOnce
  3. Griffin1546081308
    Started by Griffin1546081308,

    Hi Guys/Gals, I am not sure if this is in the right place; if not please move. Following a lengthy spell out of action, due to a heart condition, I am now well enough to be back on duty as I previously mentioned in another thread. I wish to gain fitness/strength without pushing too hard and risking more than necessary (I understand you have to push to increase) a return to ill health. As part of the assessment as to whether I could go back on duty was a 200m run followed by a download of my http://www.medtronic.com/patients/fainting/device/our-insertable-cardiac-monitors/reveal-icm/ device. (just put a link in for the geeky ones, like me.) This was fine, and my legs …

    • 7 replies
    • 525 views
  4. Bart
    Started by Bart,

    You wont get stuck behind these guys in a hurry!!! :biggrin:

  5. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    Anyone used this Mobile before? I am due an upgrade, the S3 Mini is avaliable for £13.75 on O2, with 600 Minutes, Unlimited Texts, 750mb Data. Any good? Wouldnt mind an Iphone but cannot find any good deals before i started haggling with my current provider Orange.

  6. Fedster

    The Daily Mail calls her brave, i actually think she is stupid, who in thei right mind would want to dance with Bees, and actually enjoy them stinging her flesh :smiley_vomit: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304965/That-hurt-Woman-dances-12-000-honey-bees-buzzing-skin.html

  7. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Love it or hate it, it's that time of year again. For those that will be watching and/or having a flutter, have you picked your horse by studying form, or simply picked one because you like the name? I've picked Imperial Commander, because it sounds a bit Star Wars-ish... whether it'll do well or not is anther matter entirely (let's face it, the whole thing is pretty much a lottery!)

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 853 views
  8. Mr Benn
    Started by Mr Benn,

    I know this is a bit of a shameless plug but for those interested this year event it is on the May Bank Holiday. Monday 6th May. We will be taking the MPS Historic Fleet to this event together with a couple of modern vehicles. There is lots to see a do on the day. Check out http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com The Surrey Specials aslo have a large presence and there is lots to see & do. Mercedes-Benz world http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/mercedes-benzworld.flash.html is next door so you can book that track test you have always wanted. Have a great Bank Holiday weekend

    • 3 replies
    • 959 views
    Administrative Account
  9. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, the search function and a quick scout around came up with nothing. You may have seen on BBC News today that there is a new "Great British Class Calculator". Basically based on a short series of questions it determines where you are. I have carried this out today and it places me as a Precariat. I am very skeptical about the model - I have a stable job, a fairly decent combined income with my girlfriend and good work prospects. Yet I live a 'precarious' lifestyle lower than traditional working class, bizarre! How did anyone else get one? What are your thoughts? Calculator is here

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.7k views
    Bravo Sierra +
  10. Jellybean
    Started by Jellybean,

    Any fans out there? If so, what have you thought of Series 3?

    • 22 replies
    • 1.4k views
  11. Fedster
    Started by Fedster,

    Uefa president Michel Platini says goal-line technology is too expensive for use in the Champions League. Platini, 57, said he would rather the money was spent on youth football. "I prefer to put more money into youth football and infrastructure than spend it on technology when there's a goal in a blue moon that hasn't been seen by a referee," he said. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21970741 Premier League to introduce goal-line technology next season http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21624953 Football is so popular because of the controversy that surrounds every match, what are we going to debate if Technology decides whether the Ball has crossed the l…

  12. Ozza360
    Started by Ozza360,

    Smellavision :O https://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/nose/

    • 18 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Brutus-Is-Back
    Started by Brutus-Is-Back,

    Yesterday, I was seriously verbally abused for the first time since my retirement from the police - and it was on the phone. It was a man in Texas who had taken the trouble to phone me in Sweden and tell me I was a "commie SOB" and I should stop trying to "brainwash" his "kid" with my "Marxist hogwash". Explanation. I am presently teaching 3rd year BA Linguistics and the sub-discipline we are covering at the moment is called CDA or Critical Discourse Analysis. One theory in this field is called "interpellation", which relates to how people "subject position" others by how they address them and how they either accept that position or reject it. I explained to my class …

    • 2 replies
    • 950 views
  14. Hotlush
    Started by Hotlush +,

    Anyone playing ingress, www.ingress.com, yet? Or as it's a police site, stumbled across suspicious characters playing it? ;-) Halfway to level 6 now and just had two portals near me go live so lots of farming :-D

    • 0 replies
    • 481 views
  15. Krycek
    Started by Krycek,

    Pretty much Ronseal, this one. I stole the idea shamelessly from another forum I visit, where it's run to quite a few pages. Just a little time-killer I guess. First poster posts a link to a song, the next poster writes a couple of lines about why they enjoyed it, or didn't, what stood out, or didn't, etc. and then posts their own for the next person! I like this topic as it gives us all a chance to learn about each other's music tastes, and perhaps discover something new! I also like posting the most random stuff so it doesn't turn into a self-congratulatory loop of obscure music fans. I shall kick us off with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehIfcCAZ40

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.