The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
I need you to simply press my buttons. It's quick and easy to do. Thank you for your assistance.
-
-
Hi folks. Any idea how I get one of those picture style banner thingamys underneath my sig? Preferably L&B... Same for the 'serving officer' insignia under the profile photo?.?.?. Ta peeps!
-
Not sure where to put this but its off topic and light hearted so here seems like the place. I need to start running again; I used to last year every other day go for a 15 minute jog around the park just to get a sweat on with no real goal in mind. I would get to the 10 minute mark and my feet with start to cramp up and at 15 minutes I could barely walk. Anyone know why this is? I'd like to do some more running as I start to sort out for the fitness test. It'll be enough to get me past the fitness test but I'd like to be able to run for 30 minutes by the end of the year with no problems. So anyone had this problem before? Recommend a pair of trainers that might fix thi…
-
-
time to put some TV myths to bed. List as many things that are always seen on telly that do not happen in real life, be it NCIS or Road Wars. TV: "we are looking for a BMW that has been involved in some crime........ There it is!" real life: spent 10 hours looking for the BMW, may or may not find it. TV: SOCO already at the crime scene when detectives turn up real life: is there any SOCO on tonight? TV: send to lab and they work on it right a way real life: there are 1000s of other things already in the queue. any more?
-
Apologies if this has already been covered but does anyone know if there is an iPhone app that I can use to read and write posts on this forum? Would also be great to have an app that has push notifications when someone has replied to a topic! Cheers
-
Beats staying in with a curry… A week or so ago, I was given the opportunity to go on patrol with my local police force in Manchester city centre. I have lived in Manchester for 26 years (which is quite a long time, because I’m 26) and in the city centre for 4 years. Living in the city centre means you see police around. Quite a lot. In fact, you see police around so often that you end up almost taking them for granted. You know why they are there and what they are expected to do if “something” happens. I didn’t realise it, but that was pretty much my attitude; generally pro-police but never really gave them or what they do too much thought. I heard about the opportuni…
-
-
- 1 reply
- 686 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Dear All, I hope that you are all well and enjoying the slight improvement in the weather - let's hope that we have now said a long goodbye to the cold. As many of you know, the Police performance year runs from April to March and so this is the time of year that I reflect on the previous year so I can decide what I need to achieve over the coming year to make this an even safer borough for everyone and what we can do to provide a better service to you all. The official statistics for last year will be confirmed next week but what I do know is that during 2012 theft - and specifically "other" theft was by far the most common offence across the borough. "Other" theft, b…
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odyJ1SP7VdQ
-
-
Guys, Just wondering whether you include the fact that you are a Special Constable on your CV when applying for civvy jobs. If so, please could you provide the extract of what you say about the specials on your CV, and if not... why? Many thanks.
-
How do you tell the difference between a British Police Officer, an Australian Police Officer and an American Police Officer? QUESTION: You're on duty by yourself walking on a deserted street late at night. Suddenly, an armed man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and lunges at you. You are carrying a Glock 40 and you are an expert shot, however you have only a split second to react before he reaches you. What do you do? ANSWER: BRITISH POLICE OFFICER: Firstly the officer must consider the man's Human Rights. Then ask yourself... 1) Does the man look poor or oppressed? 2) Is he newly arrived in thi…
-
-
- 7 replies
- 1.1k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Please fill out my survey which is for my degree. Many thanks to those who have already done it, see the link below. Thanks http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/124027-survey-requests/?view=findpost&p=2412946
-
Anyone else remember this Ice Cream for the 80/90s...? Need to find tutti frutti ice cream again!!