Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. WT

    Hi, I'm trying to get hold of the 'Tea making for probationers' document but can't find it online as it only features in posts from 2009/10. Has anyone got it to hand to send to me or post on here? I know the Met did a good one (or at least that's the one I was given to read when I joined up!) Cheers, WT

      • Like
    • 132 replies
    • 14.3k views
  2. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    Would you rather work closer to home but have a longer commute, or work father but have a shorter commute. I know that sounds really odd but I am in a similar situation. I could move closer to work and bus/walk which will take 40 mins, or stay where i am and get a train which takes 20 mins.

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 590 views
  3. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    Gran is asking for help once more. Could you identify a new ITV sitcom? O S I C R I U A wibble to all those who can give her the answer.

    • 4 replies
    • 505 views
    Administrative Account
  4. Fox
    Started by Fox,

    Is it just me or is anyone else watching the shows on Nat Geo this week and thinking it's current affairs?

    • 0 replies
    • 534 views
  5. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    Click the link for a picture.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 4.3k views
    Forlorn Hope
  6. RLM85
    Started by RLM85,

    Any1 got an interview coming up? Don't stress, could be worse, you could be going for a job in IKEA...

  7. bongo116
    Started by bongo116,

    Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet (or have they? :new_eyebrow: ) Well done Wigan :new_clap: and good luck to all those working in Wigan tonight! I bet it is going to be rather busy!! :new_boxing:

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  8. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 688 views
  9. Special Superman
    Started by Special Superman,

    Just watched this, a mini film from all the mcbain clips in the simpsons sorry if this is so old and I am the only person tickld by this Not sure how to embed something so here is the link... http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/216daf534a/mcbain-the-full-movie

    • 0 replies
    • 529 views
    Special Superman
  10. Griffin1546081308
    Started by Griffin1546081308,

    Anyone else see race 1 from Monza? Great last lap finish!

    • 0 replies
    • 422 views
    Griffin1546081308
  11. Bart
    Started by Bart,

    Come on then rabble, I can see at the bottom of the forum, we have quite a few of our regulars lurking! What are you all doing up at this unsocial hour? I myself have just come in from a 12 hour shift and now lying in bed unwinding. :wink:

  12. Bart
    Started by Bart,

    Who else is about? I'm sat in the station having a very quiet night duty. It's even quiet across the region as there hasn't been a radio transmission in nearly 2 hours!

  13. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    Hi all So I sold my car yesterday but the tax disc had mysteriously gone missing? After an electronic search I confirmed that I wasn't going mad and that I had indeed taxed it one month previously.... question - can I get a duplicate tax disc In person, same day at my local DVLA office? Also, the buyer insisted he would still take the car on the premise that I either find the disc at home or purchase a duplicate on Monday... Who is now liable for the tax? It is parked on his drive so not on the road but if he did take it out and get stopped would it come back on me?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 653 views
  14. Brutus-Is-Back
    Started by Brutus-Is-Back,

    Are there any keen gardeners in the forum? I have a fairly large garden of about four-fifths of an acre surrounded by extensive flower beds and I am plagued with ground elder. The locals here tell me you can't get rid of it - you can pull it up but it returns within a very short time. In desperation, some cover extensive areas with opaque black polythene and leave it for about two years - then they get a a respite from it for a while - but it always comes back. I would have thought some green-fingered and knowledgeable British gardeners might be able to offer a solution. Any ideas? Brutus

  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    ubject: The silent majority It's sad but true; it is difficult not to agree with the 72-year-old man who wrote this letter, I notice there isn't a reply. This is one of the best letters I have read for a long time, it puts it ALL into perspective. To David Cameron (Prime Minister) & Ed Milliband (Leader of the Opposition) ... You BOTH Worry me! (In fact, both of your Political parties worry the hell out of me!!!) Over the last three years, I find myself becoming more and more fearful of the pair of you, and between you, you are turning this country into a place that I no longer feel at home in, or feel a part of! I watch you in parliament, and no, not just the tw…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.