The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
I'm a fan of Matt Delito and he's just released a book (which is quite well written) you can get a flavour of it from his website http://mattdelito.wordpress.com/ or http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/author/matt-delito/ He's also doing an AMA over on Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1d07q9/iama_constable_in_the_london_metropolitan_police/ What are peoples general opinions? He's certainly a talented writer; but what about his stories?
-
Opening post http://news.sky.com/story/1096284/isle-of-man-tt-japanese-rider-killed *Italics around the name as the swear filter #'s out his name Image from somewhere else
-
Not sure if this is the best place for this but here goes. I'm looking into picking up a musical instrument. It occurs to me that the little boy is going to be getting older soon and I'd like to be able to introduce him to a musical instrument. I had thought about piano lessons but practicality is an issue, space wise. I mentioned this to my dad and he made the same observations and suggested that I perhaps look at the guitar. A family friend has learned Spanish guitar and I'm quite found of the music myself. So as an adult what do people think? Anyone done this? Am I mad? Any advice for doing this as an adult? Cheers, TT
-
Just a bit of chit chat, what do you think the best borough is in terms of it being safe , great police work and activities? Thanks
-
-
Been watching the race, how do spectators get to different grandstands? Say you are staying in the Fairmont and you need to walk to one of the grandstands it looks like all the pavements are closed?
-
Motorists in Saudi Arabia have been taking to the country's desert roads in growing numbers to try out an exciting but perilous driving stunt. The sport, which has been dubbed "sidewalk skiing", involves balancing a car on its side while the vehicle is in motion. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22664659 Wow, crazy people!! Never seen that before, asking to be put in an early grave!!
-
Is this possibly the saddest most waltish ebay listing ever!!!!!!!!!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/999-Police-Ambulance-Fire-Covert-Vehicle-Aerial-not-Badge-Helmet-Uniform-Man-/151048059846?pt=UK_Collectables_Memorabila_RL&hash=item232b2a7bc6
-
Ed 'popeye' Balls has said that he is more concerned about learning to play the piano, than serving in any government run by Nasal Ed Mliband. That is excellent news for the British economy, as it was Balls and Brown who got the UK in the financial mire it is presently in, by spending money we didn't have, trying to blame everyone else for their total failure. Perhaps he will have more success as a pianist, perhaps he could take the other half of the Balls up with him, the 'self loving' Yvette who has been almost anonymous as shadow Home Secretary.
-
Dear Mr Highway Man I hope you can help me. The other day, I set off for work, leaving my husband in the house watching TV My car stalled and then broke down about a mile down the road, and I had to walk back to get my husband’s help. When I got home, I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbour’s daughter!! I am 32, my husband is 34 and the neighbour’s daughter is 19. We have been married for 10 years. When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted they had been having an affair for the past six months. He won’t go to counselling, and I'm afraid I am a nervous wreck and need advice urgently. Can you help? Sincerely Sheila Dear Sheila A car s…
-
An important message, but very quirky! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2C8jQsgspY
-
Traditional British social divisions of upper, middle and working class seem out of date in the 21st Century, no longer reflecting modern occupations or lifestyles. The BBC teamed up with sociologists from leading universities to analyse the modern British class system. They surveyed more than 161,000 people and came up with a new model made up of seven groups With my results i apparently belong to the New affluent workers class This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group: Are young Come from a working …
-
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
A little boy comes down to breakfast. Since they live on a farm, his mother asks if he had done his chores. " Not yet, " said the little boy His mother tells him no breakfast until he does his chores. Well, he's a little teed off, so he goes to feed the chickens, and he kicks a chicken. He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig. He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal. " How come I don't get any eggs and bacon ? and why don't I have any milk in my cereal ? " he asks. " Well, " his mother says, " I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pi…
-
- 2 replies
- 695 views
- 1 follower
-
-
As the title says, a few of us are planning to meet up in Coventry for drinks on 5th January 2013. Those considering to go up to now are: Myself, pottheed SC Meerkat Nim81 HerrComm MikeBrum fruitandveg Shikari cfnbryn SEADOG Nealofcov If you PM myself or pottheed for information, we will be happy to give it (probably!).
-
Watch about 4 minutes in at the crime scene watch. "How long have you been a special'? Won't spoil the rest... Watch it.