The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
One year since “selfless and courageous” officer murdered PC IAN Dibell has been remembered as “a selfless and courageous man who gave his life to protect others” – one year since his murder shook Essex Police. PC Dibell was shot in the chest by gunman Peter Reeve on July 9, 2012. The 41 year old was fatally wounded after intervening – off duty – in a dispute near his home in Clacton last summer. Mark Smith, chairman of Essex Police Federation, said: “Today, we remember Ian and pay tribute to a selfless and courageous man who gave his life to protect others.” He added: “One year has passed since Ian Dibell, a dedicated, professional Essex Police Officer was kil…
-
- 2 replies
- 790 views
- 1 follower
-
-
This will be especially of interest to the motorcycle fans on the Forum. It was a pleasure to make the lapel pins & lanyards for Teapot One and Bruce who embarked on an adventure of a lifetime 18 days ago. Bruce is a member of the Met's Diplomatic Protection Group and hopes to raise £1M for charity by riding 100,000 around the World. You cant track the journey and read his updates on : www.teapotone.com or on Facebook which has a daily feed with photographs.
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362659/Revealed-How-Blair-fixer-picked-judge-David-Kelly-Inquiry-just-hours-weapons-inspectors-suicide.html - I know this story is in the Maul, but many people, including some on this Forum said at the time that Hutton was a complete 'whitewash' to clear Blair and NuLabour of any involvement. I proper enquiry should be held, with a TOTALLY independent Judge(if there is such a person) It may turn out that Andrew Gilligan was the innocent party in all this, Campbell was the biggest liar and Scumbag that Fleet Street ever produced, and that Blair and his Henchmen in the Security Services were responsible for Dr Kellys death. There …
-
Is it? I've got blue sky and sunshine. Just about the get the leathers on and the bike fired up.
-
-
- 26 replies
- 2.5k views
- 3 followers
-
-
-
I did think about putting this in the youtube thread but it appears that we aren't the only ones who have issues with the Daily Mail and this deserves a thread of it's own. Warning, the video contains some swearing and nakedness...
-
For reasons I won't go into, I have been reading a doctoral thesis by a mechanical engineering student - a topic about which I know precisely zilch. However, I learned some quite interesting things which have relevance to consumers of manufactured goods (i.e. all of us, unless we happen to be tribesmen living in Borneo) which I will share with all on here. The thesis was written by a student with a particular interest in the quality of goods and he looked at a number of products in terms of their build quality, performance, robustness and durability and he found some interesting, but not wholly unexpected, patterns. Some of his research was his own physical testing, some …
-
-
- 15 replies
- 7.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Evening all, Had my first shift today as a Civil Enforcement Officer (no hate, kay? ) and the Sun/heat has been too much for me, I'm red raw everywhere even after using a load of suncream.. How do you guys, as SCs or regs cope with the heat and the kit? I carry around number of stuff and a load of other stuff strapped onto me, or on straps over my shoulders for the job and find myself burning up after a while, especially if I've got a large carpark to cover on my beat and its got no shade.. The sunburn I can cope with, it's just the overheating, it's awful, especially when there's hardly any shade around the beat. Would any of you's be kind enough to share a few tips …
-
As the topic was locked before I could reply and it was going off topic I thought I'd start a new one, which is on topic. So the question I posed was here: http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/139236-a-note-about-rude-words/page-2 So, have you ever been drunk in a public place? Have you ever arrested someone for being drunk in a public place? Do you think it would make you a hypocrite if you did? Is that a problem? Ta, TT
-
Just opened my letter from TVP saying that I have now successfully completed all stages of recruitment to TVPs Special Constabulary! :D Thank you to everyone here who has offered advice and generally contributed to the forum. The advice, confidence and understanding I have gained from lots of reading has been a huge influence in the way I have approached and prepared for the various stages of recruitment. Thank you all and special thanks to the mods for giving up your time to make the forum so successful! Mike
-
Dear PS.com folks, Where and in what film did Jack Sparrow say something like: "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude to the problem. Do you understand?". The correct solver will have my gratitude.
-
After reading nonsense posted in other threads, I thought it was about time we had a thread where members can freely talk about anything they want to, without disrupting threads which have topics worth discussing. Feel free to post in here about anything you like, the price of cheese, who has made the nicest muffins, what car you're buying next, or anything else. Providing you adhere to forum rules, nobody will bother you.
-
-
- 263 replies
- 11.8k views
- 2 followers
-
-
This month the Chief Constable of Gloucestershire Constabulary, Suzette Davenport, will be undertaking a 300 mile cycle ride, all in aid of a good cause. On 17 July 2013 Suzette will commence a 300 mile London to Paris cycle ride to raise money for Cancer Research, a charity close to her heart. Speaking of the upcoming feat, Chief Constable Davenport said: "Since the death of my parents to lung cancer in 1997 I have undertaken a number of events to raise money for Cancer Research. This year I’ve been further encouraged by the wide range of events officers and staff across Gloucestershire Police take part in all year round in the aid of charity.” The trek is planned to …
-
From the Beeb. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23255554