Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. SZ2
    Started by SZ2,

    It has just occurred to me that we only have four full months left of 2013. I personally think this year has absolutely flown by! What has your high point this year, so far, been?

      • Like
    • 33 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. Jeebs1546081084
    Started by Jeebs1546081084,

    Right, I've got an iPhone 5 rather late in the game, just a month before the new one come out, stupid I know. I'm shocked at the build quality compared to my old iPhone 4. The power button rattles, the volume buttons rattle, it crashes randomly, the body scratches and marks exceptionally easy and it makes a lot of rattling noises when you tap it. The WIFI is also absolutely rubbish, it can't hold a signal. Anyone had anything similar with theirs? Or had apple replace it?

    • 20 replies
    • 1.9k views
  3. killicksparker
    Started by killicksparker,

    What do you do if approached by a beggar or asked by someone begging for change

      • Like
    • 52 replies
    • 5k views
  4. Dave SYP
    Started by Dave SYP +,

    I've got a fair few years to go before full retirement and I will probably (health and medical condition allowing) travel again and have some nice holidays. I don't know what else I will do yet. Have you thought about what you plan to do? Have you got anything special (pardon the pun) in mind?

    • 8 replies
    • 654 views
  5. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? I've always wanted to live in the U.S. I've loved their way of life the few times I've been out there and the way that everyone is so polite and happy. I'm sure you'd find it different if you lived over there full time but meh!

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Administrative Account
  6. Webley1545926261
    Started by Webley1545926261,

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 760 views
  7. Edward_Strange
    Started by Edward_Strange,

    Hello all! The other day I finally 'broke' my aged pair of Doc Martens at Notting Hill by walking them to death and the sole is now busted. As such I decided to treat myself after several years of not buying DMs to a new pair and now have a lovely new pair of Solovairs. Now, the nice man at the shop gave me a tin of 'Dubbin' to help break in the new boots which I happily applied. I had a look online as to what it would do and saw that, aside from waterproofing and softening leather it also apparently RUINS POLISHING. I scraped it all off as best I could and tried to lay on a nice layer of polish but it isn't taking it nearly as well as it should. So, question is, have…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Jeebs1546081084
  8. DanTheOutlaw

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2397163/Man-70-10cm-steel-kitchen-fork-removed-inside-PENIS-sexual-adventure-goes-wrong.html Discuss.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Augmented Reality So what is it? Augmented reality (AR) is cutting-edge technology that allows for a digitally enhanced view of the real world, connecting you with more meaningful content in your everyday life. With the camera and sensors in a smartphone or tablet, AR adds layers of digital information – videos, photos, sounds – directly on top of items in the world around us. I have put together this information from my own research, most is written by myself although I have noted all sources and links so that users can view/read the articles/news stories and watch more videos on the applicable websites. If you want to add more info on other technologies please do, …

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 3k views
    killicksparker
  10. deals4police
    Started by deals4police,

    http://deals4police.wordpress.com/ We've relaunched our blog that tracks offers and deals for the Police. Looks like we picked a good time as Patrolstore mucked up their website for a bit and are now offering really big discounts on their products as a way of apologising. So check us out, we've got a lot more offers on there too! http://deals4police.wordpress.com/ We're also on twitter and we'll be posting more offers on there too. @deals4police

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  11. HampshireSaint
    Started by HampshireSaint,

    I am looking at buying a decent bike so I can start cycling places. It will mainly be roads but with the occasional path too so I am thinking a hybrid. How's this bike? Anything to be wary of? http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?category=Bikes&product=Sirrus%20Comp%20Disc%20White%20-%202014%20Hybrid%20Bike#.Uh5GOrK9KSM

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 854 views
    HampshireSaint
  12. Guest PO_Katie
    Started by Guest PO_Katie,

    Hi guys, I just wanted to make you all aware of a competition that we are running on the PoliceOracle.com facebook page. We are giving away the chance for 5 people to have an unlimited membership for a whole month. Head over to our facebook page, like our page and share the image and you could be in with a chance of winning! Good Luck!

    • 0 replies
    • 541 views
  13. Soap
    Started by Soap +,

    Every year something good comes out of Carnival for the police, and every year everybody seems shocked. You can tell these 3 obviously crack this out at the weekends though. Far to rehearsed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-E_tikSXfc

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 3.4k views
  14. Topgas
    Started by Topgas * ,

    Watching The Route Masters, one of the traffic officers appeared to have plastic medal ribbons above his name badge on his lightweight hi viz jacket. Looked like two jubilee medal ribbons in front of another, possibly LS&GC. Is it normal to wear ribbons on that form of uniform? Just asking because it would be unusual ( to say the least) in the military

    Arthur ASCII +
  15. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Have you seen this owl? Primary school ‘devastated’ as sculpture sawn from playground tree and stolen Headteacher Jean Righton said the teachers and children had been left shocked that someone would take their beloved statue from them. “We are devastated,” she said. “It was something of beauty that we had there for the children and we can’t understand why someone has taken it.” Mrs Righton added: “The children have been amazing though. They’ve been out there as detectives with their notebooks looking to find clues of footprints and bits of wood.” The school caretaker noticed the statue, which is more than a metre high, had been taken when he arrived shortly…

    • 0 replies
    • 633 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.