Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. medic1
    Started by medic1,

    *wheeeeeeeeze* well.... by gum there's a lot of dust on my log in on here! Thought I'd log in and check things out. Hope you didn't miss me too much... passed the paper sift for my local force.... hoping that's a good omen as i filled it out in an hour and sent it in 20mins before the deadline on friday and they phoned me on monday to say i'd passed... seems to be alot of new competencies jumping out of the woodwork..."openness to change" "describe a time when you last encouraged someone to see an issue in a positive light..." last time i applied it was easy stuff like teamwork and respect for diversity. anyway how are we all!?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 694 views
  2. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Married To The Job Episode: 1 of 6 Transmission: Thu 11 Jul 2013 Time: 8.30pm - 9.00pm Week: Week 28 2013 : Sat 06 Jul - Fri 12 Jul Channel: itv Status: New Published: Tue 25 Jun 2013 The information contained herein is embargoed from press use, commercial and non-commercial reproduction and sharing - in the public domain - until Tuesday 2 July 2013. Series overview: Landmark Films’ cameras follow Hertfordshire’s most senior female police detectives at home and at work "I have a few images in my head now which I will take with me to my grave. You never forget the face...I'm tough but I'm not that tough.” Detective Inspector Jo Walk…

  3. kester1546080880
    Started by kester1546080880,

    http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/debate/article-2374183/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-All-trains-cancelled-theres-madman-roof.html I found myself reading this, not for any sensible reason, its the general Littlejohn rantings about stuff thats silly. But i found myself reading it in the voice of Lewis Protherio, known as the Voice of London, from the V for Vendetta film. I just found it a curious connection and it pleased me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flBpsyFbEOs

  4. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Has anyone seen any this year yet, please? I haven't, not one.

  5. ParochialYokal
    Started by ParochialYokal,

    My iPhone became 'unaccounted' for 2 months ago whilst on a night dive in Vietnam and I strongly suspected the diving instructor. I could hardly search him or kick off with him on a deserted island in the middle of the night in south east Asia. I sent repeated emails to the dive company and they denied it was ever handed in. I have sent repeated messages to my phone asking for it to be returned and 'expenses' paid. My app shows the messages reached the phone, but it couldn't get a fix. Earlier today my Find My iPhone map has just located it. It became 'unaccounted' for on a desserted island and it has been located as being at the Dive Shop with whom I went diving with…

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.8k views
  6. jona_1913
    Started by jona_1913,

    Hello all, Thought I would set up a Sun Dream Team league seems as though the new season is just around the corner! PM me for the league pin and password if your interested Jona!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 872 views
  7. Merlin820
    Started by Merlin820,

    Afternoon all Well...........tomorrow is my first day back at work after annual leave and I find myself having to hand my notice in as I have a new day job. I have thought about this day for a long time, longed for it and imagined it in my head. So why am I struck with panic, wondering if I'm doing the right thing and wondering what the heck I'm going to say and feeling very guilty? I have been in my role for nearly 12 years and have a new role within the CTC department for Beds / Herts and Cambs constabularies. I'm looking forward to it but just feel ........well..............all at sixes and sevens. Is the anticipation worse than the event do you think? I hate…

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 2k views
  8. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Why can't bin men put the bins back where they find them? Clean up after them! I am sure we all have more important things to worry about and sort out so lets not take this too seriously! I have just of late seen some situations people have been in trying to get past bins that bin men leave in the street and thought why can they not just wheel them back in to where they find them? i mean years ago they were metal, they would have to lift them and they would put them back or at least out of the way. I saw an old lady standing in the street the other day confronted by so many bins on the pavement that she could not pass them. She started to walk in the road which is ve…

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 3.2k views
    operationfirestorm
  9. Giraffe
    Started by Giraffe +,

    Following Bakes' announcement, I just wanted to say congratulations to the three new moderators IanW, Fry and Rocket. They were up against some excellent candidates and myself and the other moderators would like to thank all of you that applied. Now, being full mods we've had some extra large re-enforced paddles brought in...

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 3.5k views
  10. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    Do you like Marmite? Simples.

      • Like
    • 28 replies
    • 2.9k views
    Administrative Account
  11. Aspiring MSC
    Started by Aspiring MSC,

    I'm still learning to drive and being so daft it's taking me ages to learn manual driving. I'm thinking it would be better to switch to automatic as my driving instructor said it would be easier. Saw an old thread on this issue http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?/topic/131452-uk-police-cars-automatic-or-manuel/ but still wondering whether manual driving is more preferable for Met police applicants. I know specials aren't required to drive and would need training to drive police cars....

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 3.5k views
  12. LosingGrip
    Started by LosingGrip +,

    After a discussion with a friend after she got the butter out of the bread bin, it got me thinking, who keeps their butter in the fridge, and who doesn't? I've never heard of it being kept out of the fridge before. Yes it was easy to spread, but should be cold! So, do you keep it in the fridge or out of it?

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  13. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10227389/Monty-Panesars-England-career-on-the-line-after-cricketer-fined-for-urinating-on-bouncers.html I thought it was only footballers who behaved like morons, but it seem cricketers can be the same. The man is a fool and should never be picked again to play for England, behaving like that can never be condoned.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2396289/Named-shamed-Government-reveals-rogues-gallery-UKs-10-benefits-cheats--including-swindler-netted-1MILLION-running-property-empire.html - The Government love to criticise the people who fiddle the benefits system, but they need to look at the people who are handing them out, they obviously are not carrying out sufficient checks to see if they are eligible, the scrutiny doesn't appear very strong if people can get away with such large sums.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  15. westie
    Started by westie,

    Well done England, keep it up, you're almost there. The opposition really aren't doing very well at all this year are they bless 'em.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.