Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    As above, as I've received my medical and uniform fitting before my fitness test? Or have I missed a letter somewhere? Thanks

    • 10 replies
    • 792 views
  2. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    HI guys, Hope your all good. Just wanted to ask i'm aware in the Met they have many plain clothed roles such as robbery squad CID etc. but do thames valley police have any opportunity like these for officer to go on to do? Thanks

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 906 views
  3. Tim Clarke
    Started by Tim Clarke,

    I don't know if that's what the're called but I mean when someone can go out in a police car just to see roughly how things work even if it was only for 20 minutes or something. One of my stepsons has more than a few difficulties with life (he'll be 20 this year) but in many ways is very much younger and I'm a bit worried about him as he can be easily influenced by his mates. Having said that he's very pro-police and loves watching people getting arrested on TV if they've been "annoying" as he puts it. If anyone knows if this sort of thing can be arranged I'd be grateful for any ideas. He lives in Great Missenden and spends his time Amersham/Wycombe by the way. Cheer…

    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views
  4. JasonCSH
    Started by JasonCSH,

    Hi all, Out of interest, how many of you are working more than the standard 18 hours per month. I expect the individual circumstance makes a lot of difference, but for me (without jumping the gun) I'm already expecting/hoping to work more than the required amount, purely because based on my knowledge and experience of my ride along I'll find it very rewarding. Although I do appreciae I have only seen a very small aspect of the role, and no doubt there'll be times when I don't enjoy a shift or two

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 731 views
  5. S.D
    Started by S.D,

    Hi all, I know I'm not a regular contributor to this forum, but I thought I should let you know that I failed my a/c after re-sitting the interviews. I left the re-assessment last week feeling confident, yet have been told that I failed because I mumbled a few answers and fiddled with my fingers whilst talking. On talking to the co-ordinator who gave my feedback, I am reassured that I don't lack the ability to do the job, I just didn't sufficiently demonstrate my abilities to the panel. I feel that I have let myself down due to lack of interview experience, and although disappointed to have missed out on my dream, was told I displayed potential and was pleased to hear th…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. jmcclay92
    Started by jmcclay92,

    Hi everyone I am aware that the BMI requirements are 18-30 however does this mean i would pass if my bmi was 30.5 or would this be a fail? Thanks for the help

    • 21 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Underscore27
  7. Casino
    Started by Casino,

    Afternoon, What's Reading like to police and as a town in general? I might be starting as a regular there in the near future.

    • 1 reply
    • 585 views
    Underscore27
  8. LGW
    Started by LGW,

    Good afternoon all, I’m very new here and wanted some advice on Joining as a special Constable with Thames Valley Police. I am currently working as an apprentice with the NHS. In September I will be 18 years old and can apply for Thames Valley Specials. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 967 views
  9. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Any one apply for the SDO positions that were recently advertised on the TVP website?

    • 0 replies
    • 561 views
  10. claire688
    Started by claire688,

    Hi everyone, Thing's seem to have taken a turn for the good (finally)!!! I have got my fitness test this Monday at Sulhamstead, anyone one else going? if so are you wearing smart clothes and changing or just wearing gym clothes there? Also have dates for pre joining weekend's, medical and a start date in July It has been a very long three year wait!! Yay!! :smile: :smile:

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  11. honestyvo

    Hey, I have just been told I have passed my application! I am now on vetting (apparently they do one before and one before training?) I was wondering if anyone has a timeline guide of when I should be expecting the next few stages? (i.e. March - passed appliation, April - assessment etc etc). And when I should expect to start training? (if I passed all the other stages). Thanks a lot everyone.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.9k views
  12. Golfbravo
    Started by Golfbravo,

    Hi all. Anyone heard when they may be recruiting for specials again?

    • 2 replies
    • 659 views
  13. RainbowGirl
    Started by RainbowGirl,

    Anyone else had a provisional offer for the 8 May intake (and going to the pre-joining weekends in March)? SO excited! :biggrin:

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  14. tomob
    Started by tomob,

    Hi Is anyone else on here on the rejoiners course in November 2011?

  15. Goose
    Started by Goose,

    Afternoon! So I've recently started in Hampshire as a Special but I'm soon to be moving to Reading for a new job. Unfortunately when I applied two years ago to become a special I didn't realise it would take almost two years for me to actually get out and about! I'm looking at working with both TVP & Hampshire (as apparently I can do that! =]) but was just wondering what happens if im a successful applicant into TVP? Will I be given a new collar number & warrant for TVP? New kit? Will my independent status (not there yet but working towards it) be carried across? Whilst I could move over to TVP completely to begin with, I know I am able to complete the minimum…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 960 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.