Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    Did anyone receive an email from the head of HR yesterday or recently with a recruitment update? I did and the information was quite vague. They mentioned that they are still waiting to hear about their budget, but that they will recruit, but are not too sure on numbers. It was good to hear from them, but I still believe I will receive a rejection letter within the next few weeks. Fingers crossed I am wrong. Happy New Year peeps.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Hampshire and TVP are sharing some resources especially with RPU and back office. Could it be possible to create a Southern force with the merger of the two forces or would it be a logistical nightmare.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , Do TVP issue a first aid pouch for utility belt to store gloves and face mask in ?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. jm999
    Started by jm999,

    Hey Everyone. I am a newbie to the forum I am currently in my final year of college and am seriously considering joining TVP as a special as a springboard for hopefully joining the regulars in a few years time. I know I am probably getting ahead of myself as I have yet to fill in the application, but I was wondering if any of you could let me know what the different stations/areas are like to work from....particularly in the Berkshire West area as that is where I am based in at the moment. I understand that it is split into Reading, Wokingham and Newbury. Anyone have experience of what it is like to work in these areas and how busy/varied policing is in those areas? …

    • 1 reply
    • 1k views
  5. jon999
    Started by jon999,

    Hi I'm a regular looking to transfer to TVP from another force. I live in Milton Keynes so if successful i'd be hoping to be posted to MK. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what Milton Keynes and TVP in general is like to work in, what the shift patterns are like etc. Cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  6. DJS1546081112
    Started by DJS1546081112,

    Police swimmwing article in The Times. Is this true?

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Administrative Account
  7. SNOOZINGPHIL
    Started by SNOOZINGPHIL,

    At Slough the LPA SMT and Specials SMT had a meeting and as a result all Specials were removed from primarily working with reactive shift and have been aligned to neighbourhood teams and as such they have been linked to an NSO as a mentor to help them acheive thier PDP. They can as a real last resort work with shift but the LPA Commander has his vision of what Specials are to do on area now, on the one hand i support many of the changes but on the other see a few officers being let down by the changes. If this is a model implemented across the force then if new recruits knew first hand they wouldnt be allowed to zoom around on shift do you think they would still want to a…

      • Like
    • 39 replies
    • 2.5k views
    Wyatt Earp1546081261
  8. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Hi, Im doing my driving licence at the moment. Wish id done it earlier to be honest....Im 19 now. Old for a person just learning to drive a know, but i've had a full bike licence since 09' So i've had no reason to drive. But, i see from another thread specials can drive, but what are the restrictions on it? I guess there may be an age limit, 21? 25? Insurance rate limit? Time licence has been held? Id love to drive in the specials, but not expecting to due to age and in-experience. Even if its just patrol, not Response etc i still wouldn't expect to. Not that specials can do B+2's in TVP anyway. Andy

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
  9. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    It is now February ... well, it has been for a few days and I know this is the month that will determine where we all go from here. Does anyone know when the police budget is finalised? Every day I check my email I wonder If there will be an email from HR. Based on what was mentioned in their previous communication, I do hope some of us get a chance. A friend of mine who is applying to West Mercia has been told not to expect anything until 2013. Imagine being told that ?!?

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 772 views
  10. Mile High
    Started by Mile High,

    Just had my Medical this morning and was chatting to a few of the guys & girls I did my Assessment Day with, in the waiting area. It turns out, a few of them have been invited for a 'fitness test' and we were all under the same impression that one of the differences between the Regulars and Specials selection is that there was no Fitness Test for us. Can any recruitment 'aficionados' shed any light on this, as I have not personally been invited for a fitness test, is it a selective/random thing or now an integral part of the process for everyone and what does it involve ? :D Ta !

    • 32 replies
    • 5.9k views
  11. Marky1974
    Started by Marky1974,

    Hellllo All! I was officially announced as IPS this morning (actually the first mail said released to shift!) Don't want to shout from the rooftops most other places as I try to keep this to myself, but its fine to do it here!! 9 months of hard graft and I did it! Quite apprehensive about it now its here, still have an absolute shedload to learn - and well aware of it too! Bring on the driving then hopefully be able to assist with the new people arriving to area :D

    • 28 replies
    • 3.6k views
  12. SpudSL
    Started by SpudSL,

    Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum but been a member of UK Police Online for a while. Just wondering if there are many people on here who applied for the regulars back in April last year but due to the cuts are taking up Thames Valley's offer of the Specials Fast Track Scheme? I passed my assessment in April this year, but unfortunately the government cuts happened and the recruitment froze. The Fast Track Scheme seemed like the best way to fill the gap, until I can join the regulars. I'm also hoping by becoming a Special it will lead to becoming a regular more quickly than if I simply wait until recruitment is open again. It's a great way to expereince the job as wel…

    • 20 replies
    • 3.2k views
  13. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , I have my new boots but they are not 100% waterproof can anyone recommend a spray for them ? Also any recommendations for insoles ? Many thanks :-)

    • 3 replies
    • 909 views
    tvpchris11546620630
  14. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Are the rumors true that i hear, that Thames Valley Police regulars are going to get rutinely armed with tasers ? if so are specials going to get issued with them too ?

      • Like
    • 85 replies
    • 6.4k views
  15. WT
    Started by WT,

    This thread will highlight any New and Events affecting Thames Valley Police. There will be regular updates including topics like: New Uniform, Recruitment Drives, Commendation Ceremonys and the odd crime related story. This thread will hopefully keep you upto date on the most relevant topics affecting Specials/Regs and TVP. Thanks, Wes & Mike

    • 43 replies
    • 24.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.