Thames Valley Police
363 topics in this forum
-
Hi there, Does anyone know if TVP use bicycles with blue lights and sirens like other forces? If so, can specials use the lights and sirens because surely they dont have to take an assessment? Thanks Nick
-
Does anyone know, at what rank in TVP do senior officers get personal vehicles fitted with emergency warning equipment? And also, do dog handlers take their vehicles home with them? Thanks,
-
Just spoken to recruitment with regards to my application - Applied on the 10th August 2010. Passed papersift a week later and booked onto 29th September assessment centre at Sulhampstead. Told I passed assessment centre 30th September and heard nothing since so i called them and apparently I'm booked onto the 20th May 2011 intake to be attested at the end of October 2011 and the reason I haven't been booked onto a medical or fitness test yet is because they are only valid for 6 months so would need to be carried out in January realistically! So that will be 14 months from application to attesting! The economy will have corrected itself and they'll be recruiting for …
-
Hi everyone, Just wondering how many of you have taken up Thames Valley's offer of the "Fast Track" to the Specials? It seems we may all be in for a LONG wait to see what happens with our applications now, so I see the Specials a way to gain some experience in the mean time. The letter I received from Sara Thorton also stated that preference will be given to Specials when postions in the regulars become available again. I'm willing to do anything to help my chances so giving up 16 hours of my time a month is an easy sacrifice...
-
Anyone going along to this? It was a good day out last year, and the display by the dog unit was excellent.
-
- 2 replies
- 899 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys, I have just found out that I have been provisionarily accepted so have started looking at boots. When I applied to Avon and Somerset Specials they covered expenses upto a certain amount for boots. Does anyone know if TVP have a similar scheme for regulars or is this purely for specials or an Avon and Somerset thing? Recommendations or things to look for in boots would be good too, there are so many out there and prices vary features vary styles vary..... Aaaaaah!
-
Hi, i will be starting my training in september and i will have to move to the aylesbury area. Does anyone know if tvp still offer accomodation and if so what? They say in a letter that there might be some available but was just wondering if anyone here has actually used it? Your help will be much appreciated.
-
Hi guys, Sorry to be the bearer of rubbish news but I have just had an email from recruitment that is very disappointing. It says that due to the governments spending review in October all police officer applicants will be recieving a letter in the next few days explaining Recruitment will be on hold as of mid November. All intakes have been filled to this date. TVP will not be in a position to estimate when they will next be running a recruit intake until after the 2011 - 2012 budget is agreed. The budget will be submitted to the Police authority in February. When they do recruit more officers precedence will be given to current police staff and special constables. …
-
- 12 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I have like most people from the March-April 09 intake, received the letter confirming the recruitment freeze from November onwards. At first like probably everybody, I was completly gutted and dissapointed after waiting so long in the first place and really wanted my start date before the end of the year. However, after speaking to various people away from TVP recruitment, they have advised me that waiting until the storm passes (govermental cuts to the police system) is the best thing to do right now. The letter also clearly states that TVP's budget for next year has not been agreed by the powers that be, meaning further cuts could happen within TVP next year.…
-
Hi, I've recently received a Provisional offer for start date of 1st November for a Berkshire BCU. Have 2 pre learning weekends - 22/23 Aug and 11/12 Sept Fitness test 13 Sept. Has anyone else had any news with regards to start dates? Also, can anyone advise what the training schedule is upon starting - I think I read its 12 weeks in the classroom and then 2 with a tutor, not sure of any more than that. Thanks, Carlyjadebaldwin
-
I know there must be this same question somewhere on here but I can not seem to find it anywhere. Can anybody tell me when do tvp specials get thier collar numbers?? Is it when uniform is issued or are they given out when you are attested?
-
- 1 reply
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello there iv got work experience coming up for 2 weeks we got told to day to have to contact our employer and ask if we can do work experience and i wanted to do it with thames valley police in high Wycombe station but cant find a a e-mail to contact them with also what sort of stuff would i have to do.?
-
- 4 replies
- 2.9k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, Does anyone know anywhere in the Thames Valley region that has a DYNO for practising the Fitness Test? Anyone got any tips for training without use of DYNO. I passed my earlier fitness test 2nd attempt, and have my prejoining fitness test 13th September, and would like to feel confident enough that I will be able to pass this 1st time. I do do weight training at my local gym, but just wondering if anyone could offer tips/advise or if anyone does know if there is a DYNO for practising on? Any help appreciated! Carlyjadebaldwin
-
I have had confirmation that I am on the training for the 4th of Oct, anyone else had the call/letter????
-
Hi All, I have just found out that my posting will be at Didcot station and was wondering if anyone has an experience of the area and what its like? I'll be moving up to the area so really don't know much about it. Any info would be great. Thanks Matt