Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Lee_mk_20
    Started by Lee_mk_20,

    Evening all. I'm after some details about the mentoring course at Sulhamstead. I'm currently booked on one in February however haven't been provided with any pre reads or details outlining the course. I'm hoping someone here has taken the course and can provide me details of this course. If you prefer to IM me details. Thanks Lee

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 741 views
  2. Koados
    Started by Koados,

    Savings made downsizing Thames Valley Police have resulted in a projected underspend of £5.3m according to a new report by the police authority. What do you think of this?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 864 views
  3. hathaway
    Started by hathaway,

    I'm currently in training for Norfolk Constabulary where I'm at university, at be attested 6th of May. My summer holiday is something like 4 months long, and though I anticipate travelling back up to Norfolk to put some good shifts in, I'd also like to spend time at home with my partner and her little one. I thought I'd ask here before sending a quick email to TVP recruitment - what's the scope for doing a week (or two, or three, or four, or more) attachment to one or two units in TVP, maybe CID or traffic, in and around Aylesbury? Thanks for any insight in advance NB Norfolk currently follow the IL4SC syllabus as far as I know, and we use PAVA and the PR-24 if that …

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 707 views
  4. m-muscat
    Started by m-muscat,

    Hi all, I'm new to the forum and just looking for some info on what TVP is like to work for? I'm currently with GMP and have an interview with TVP in about 2 weeks. I actually put my app in ages ago and thought it was a lost cause and I've started to re-evaluate. I'm not sure now if making the move would be the best thing? One thing, I have passed my OSPRE 1 and 2 but GMP will not be promoting for a while yet. What's the situation like in TVP? I actually really enjoy working for GMP and my initial reason to move was to get down south and closer to my family. Just looking for some advice really should I manage to pass the interview and be given a choice! Thanks all M…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  5. Newbee
    Started by Newbee,

    Did everyone read in the Special Constabulary monthly update that the Chief Officer of Thames Valley Police Special Constabulary is now on Twitter ? The hash tag is TVPSC

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. _yoda_
    Started by _yoda_,

    I recently received a payment of £58 into my account. Before christmas I submitted 3 seperate travel expenses claims for each of the training weekends i've been on. Each claim was for a round trip of 130 miles. So a total of 390 miles. Can anyone confirm if the amount of £58 is all i'm getting for the 390 miles that i've travelled to and from sulhamstead or is it for just one of the claims? Anyone know what TVP are paying per mile? thanks

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    Apparently new students need to purchase this book before they start their ILPDP. I have tried looking for this and book suppliers state it is out of print. Anyone else having trouble finding this book?

    • 1 reply
    • 565 views
  8. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    Hello, I've just put in my papers to transfer from 'up norf' to TVP. Is there anyone willing to offer me advice what I'm really letting myself in for? I understand that there is a major restructure in place so uncertain times for all... I'm told I'll be coming to response so honest experiences both positive & negative would be appreciated. Replies either on forum or in confidence on PM Cheers Robbocop

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  9. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    My boss knows in becoming an SC. He asked which force I said TVP... He said that the company I work for/he owns runs the police cars and some centre some where. Anyone know any thing about this or shave any info about the company above I mentioned is the company name.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. MTT
    Started by MTT,

    Issued: Friday, 23 May 2008, 13:10:29 http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/news/def...amp;artid=15001 Thames Valley Police Special Constabulary set to expand. Plans to increase the number of Special Constables patrolling the streets of Thames Valley have been announced. Thames Valley Special Constabulary Chief Officer Nigel Woodley wants to reverse a trend which has seen the number of Special Constables in the region fall to its lowest level by adding dozens of new volunteers. Nigel took over as the head of the Special Constabulary in July 2007 and has made recruiting more Special Constables a priority. Chief Officer Woodley said: “We currently have the low…

      • Like
    • 356 replies
    • 30.5k views
  11. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Hi All, Could someone PM me with the addresses of Occupational Health and the Stores please? Much appreciated, Guybrush

    • 2 replies
    • 668 views
  12. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Hi All, Has anyone who is in the Specials successfully applied to or is in the process of applying to the regulars? The reason I ask is that I am shortly joining TVP as a Special with view to joining the regulars in time (who isn’t?). I know that Specials are not “Fast Tracked†into the regulars but want to know if once you have applied using the normal procedure (paper sift, interview, A/C), is there a procedure that allows Specials to have abbreviated training given that they have had training and experience already. If so, how does this work? Also have you got to go through all the vetting and checks all again? Thanks, Guybrush

    • 5 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. dj-hippy
    Started by dj-hippy,

    Hi All, Just wondering if anyone here is based at Bracknell police station. I hope to be stationed there! Is it a big enough station for me to start there or will I be based at a larger station to begin with? Thanks Alex

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. M_R
    Started by M_R,

    Hi guys, A great suggestion by MTT was to have a thread pinned for us to talk about the policing area's we work in so it can give others an idea of what that area is like. Especially for new starters etc. If you are going to post in this could I have the following format please: - Name & Rank - Length Of Service - BCU you work in I.E. Bucks, MK, Oxon etc. - LPA I.E. Wycombe LPA..... (The greatest in the world ) - Description of what the place is like to work in. I think that way we will then have a nice uniformed response which should be quite easy to read for any newcomer to our area

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 11.9k views
  15. Jodes
    Started by Jodes,

    ... I have finally received my provisional offer and start date. So, what is it like over in Milton Keynes LPA?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.