Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Hi all, Wasn't sure where to post this ?? Can anybody tell me if it's possible to transfer my application to TVP? I have passed all of the stages, I am just waiting for a start date.. Can this be done or is it a big no no? By the way, for anybody wondering, just got a job alerts email from TVP saying they are recruiting PCSOs Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 562 views
  2. GoneForgotten
    Started by GoneForgotten,

    Hi TVP Folks, As I'm sure some of you might be aware of the impending shake up over the border in the Met. The upshot of this will no doubt be people looking for alternatives outside the borders of the Met. As I'm sure you'll get asked about transfers, and I'm going to pose the same question in other bordering force areas. What are the requirements for transfer for both IPS and non IPS officers? Many of the higher skilled officers will no doubt look to bring some of their qualifications with them. Would Level 3 driving, Level 2 public order or Search be something which could be carried over? Thanks, WithoutSkill

    • 2 replies
    • 608 views
  3. honestyvo
    Started by honestyvo,

    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knows what the most North station/area for TVP (closest to birmingham)? I was told it could be Banbury? Thanks a lot everyone.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 696 views
  4. MKspecial1875
    Started by MKspecial1875,

    Hi guys and gals, Just a quick question as I know it varies from force to force, do SC's in TVP wear the SC insignia on their epilette's or do they look exactly the same as the reg's? If it varies from area's within a constabulary does anyone know specifically about the MK specials? I did check the FAQ which states we do wear the Crown and SC but it's 4yrs old now and know things have changed in some areas since then. Thanks in advance! J

      • Like
    • 1.1k replies
    • 75.1k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  5. Winston Smith
    Started by Winston Smith,

    I see that we are going to start using dutysheet, at least in my LPA. Are any others going over to it as well? From the reviews I've seen it looks like this is going to be a much better system for booking and recording hours than an excel spreadsheet.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hello all, Just wondering if anyone else is applying for the above job?

    • 0 replies
    • 596 views
  7. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,

    Hey All, I was wondering if TVP has any sports teams? (towards the oxford area) , Mainly Boxing/Judo/Wrestling or Rugby? If so, are Attested Specials allowed to take part?? Thanks in advance Foggy.

    • 2 replies
    • 649 views
  8. mla
    Started by mla +,

    Dear neighbours (in the sense that I'm from the MPS, and you're next door)! You may have noticed on the General Discussion page a posting for the ps.com supported Special Constabulary Wiki. I am wondering should any of you have a spare moment whether you can contribute by populating the page for your force? The page can be found here: http://specialconstabulary.wikispot.org/Thames_Valley_Police Many thanks and look forward to reading about the specials in your force! Matt.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. JasonCSH
    Started by JasonCSH,

    As the title says, out of interest what are your reasons for joining ? For me, as a career I've always worked in a support/analytical role and enjoy helping people, and this mixed with having 2 young children growing up in my applied for town, I thought I would apply and hope to add some value and make a difference. If on one shift alone you can help someone out, or prevent somene falling victim to crime, that's a difference. Every time I read the local paper or watched the news, someone would have been broken into, mugged, assaulted....and so on. I have othet skills which I believe will aid me to add that value.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 681 views
  10. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Good evening, With the approval of a moderator, I'd like to write some (suitably discrete) notes on what the training encompasses; enough to give people a flavour of what to expect at Sulhampsted, but not enough to negate the purpose or efficiency of the training, or to operationally compromise any of our front line officers. Objections please? Thanks, Adam

      • Like
    • 147 replies
    • 10.6k views
  11. JasonCSH
    Started by JasonCSH,

    Feeling very pleased today. Finally had my fitness test today and passed it all so just need to wait for the start date to come along now. It went well, although the bleep test was in the pouring rain which made the turns a bit slippery. Met some nice people...and well done to all the others that passed too (if you happen to read this). Roll on September!

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 993 views
  12. Scalesy_10
    Started by Scalesy_10,

    Hi, Can anyone out there give me a good description of what is expected of a S/SGT please? Have been in for two years and it's the next logical step. Thank you!

    • 3 replies
    • 982 views
  13. jmcclay92
    Started by jmcclay92,

    Hi I have my medical on monday and i was wondering does anyone know how accurate the height and weight measurements are because im worried about my bmi being over the 30 limit Thanks for the help

    • 2 replies
    • 722 views
  14. JasonCSH
    Started by JasonCSH,

    Hi everyone, It's been a while since I posted here due to having to put my application on hold for a while due to a change in circumstance. Needless to say it's in progress again and I have just passed the medical (last Friday) with flying colours. It's great to pass and take another step closer to joining, but also very pleasing to see such good results, eyes, ears, lungs etc about my health. If it helps, for anyone else who is due to have their medical and may be worried, don't! I was quite nervous for no particular reason but it's really ok, and so are the OH staff. I had a P test, and on the day they were doing drug testing too. I found it all very interesting w…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    I'm stationed at Slough. Interested to know what Reading and Loddon Valley is like as both a station and a place to Police.

    • 6 replies
    • 804 views
    killicksparker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.