Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    I was told there is an Ncalt package on the use of the camera, anyone know if this is correct ? Couldn't find it on Ncalt.

    • 2 replies
    • 994 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  2. Chewitsaurus
    Started by Chewitsaurus,

    Greetings! I am due to start as a regular (hopefully) in the upcoming may intake and have a couple of questions regarding the accommodation at Sulhamstead. I know there are rooms (flats) available for students, I was wondering what the requirements are for requesting one of these and whether any form or rent/food costing is expected? Also I am hoping that this will only be a temporary plan as I am looking for a house for my partner and myself in the long term. I have read some of TVP's housing stuff but found myself quite confused by it tbh. How much support do they provide and are there many pathways to getting help or assistance? Any experiences you can provide you…

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hi, I am currently gathering as many resources as I can to prepare for my assessment day (no date yet). In particular I wonder if anyone has any great book titles, video links, ebooks or other resources that they can share on this topic? I am especially keen to find resources to aid in preparation for the role playing interactive tests and the numerical tests. I have some links already that others on here have kindly provided to me; http://www.college.police.uk/en/13932.htm http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/ There are a few pages on this forum that are a great help as well. I am just finding it hard to locate role playing and numerical examples or guides/help. Your h…

    operationfirestorm
  4. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    For those interested.. http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/10195572.Officers_of_the_future_join_the_special_beat/

    • 19 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hi, I am currently gathering as many resources as I can to prepare for my assessment day (no date yet). In particular I wonder if anyone has any great book titles, video links, ebooks or other resources that they can share on this topic? I am especially keen to find resources to aid in preparation for the role playing interactive tests and the numerical tests. I have some links already that others on here have kindly provided to me; http://www.college.p...uk/en/13932.htm http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/ There are a few pages on this forum that are a great help as well. I am just finding it hard to locate role playing and numerical examples or guides/help. Your help…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    operationfirestorm
  6. Mike Roush
    Started by Mike Roush,

    I've got a holiday booked for a week away in the sun to mark the transition from floor layer to uni student and police officer and was wandering which book people found most useful when it comes to learning about powers, points to prove and anything else people think might be relevant. Give me something to read by the pool and do some pre-reading. Mike

    • 2 replies
    • 741 views
  7. Danny Butterman
    Started by Danny Butterman,

    Hey, I have been trying to organise a ride along in Reading, but having no luck getting a response when I call. If anyone is based in Reading and is able to help, please PM me. Thanks in advance.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Administrative Account
  8. tkavanagh
    Started by tkavanagh * ,

    Some local has started a petition to have the place shut down. Worth signing up for. It's a thieves' kitchen. http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/oxford-city-council-oxfordshire-county-council-close-the-hostel-one-foot-forward-at-3-5-iffley-road-oxford#

  9. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    I didn't realise TVP got free travel on underground etc but the rail ticket request form I have seems to say otherwise.

    • 24 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  10. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Morning all, Anyone doing the Royal Regatta this weekend? If so, which shift?

    • 20 replies
    • 990 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  11. Administrative Account
    Started by Administrative Account,

    I am pleased to announce that Adamski is now a mini mod in the TVP area. Adamski will be working alongside WT who is remaining as a mini mod for this area, and an excellent job he is doing as well. Please show Adamski the same courtesy you show WT and the other moderators. Cheetah

    • 5 replies
    • 1.5k views
  12. Browser1546081254
    Started by Browser1546081254,

    As we now operationally report to the regular supervisors, the initiatives on how best to use us are starting to appear. The one which will may affect us the most is the "Smarter Policing" initiative. It's early days, but my understanding is that across TVP, the LPA's want us out there only when crewed with a reg (either neighbourhood or reactive patrol). This has a lot to do with the standards of specials which are coming onto area. Many of us have worked hard to gain IPS and become drivers and my fear is that we will end up being ride-alongs, not have the opportunity to develop and become disheartened. It's clear something needs to happen and as we are there to supp…

    • 14 replies
    • 916 views
  13. Kat046
    Started by Kat046,

    Hey! I'm new to this. Does anyone else have there assessment day on the 4th July?

    • 8 replies
    • 944 views
  14. orangekayak87
    Started by orangekayak87,

    This time next week i will have completed my first day of training ...... anyone else due to start then feeling as nervous as me?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Morning all, There has been the occasion discussion on my LPA between Regulars and Specials about whether or not Specials can interview. We have never been taught, and as far as I can understand never have the option to be taught, things like Contemperaneous Notes interviews for traffic offences. This is something I'd be interested in doing, as well as taking the suspects interviewing course at some point. Is this something that it's possible for us to be trained in, or will this never reach the Special Constabulary? Ta, Adam

    • 17 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.