Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. SNOOZINGPHIL
    Started by SNOOZINGPHIL,

    Any one from here based in the Wokingham LPA if so whats it like busy, quiet, slow jobs, mainly neighbourhood? Does Wokingham station have a reactive set of teams or are they all based out of Loddon? Any replies would be muchly appreciated.

    • 4 replies
    • 734 views
  2. M_R
    Started by M_R,

    Hi Guys, Just for those of us that did use this travel concession with Chiltern Railways which was availble from Banbury through to Denham and Amersham to Denham - It has now been withdrawn. Can only now be used when on duty in full uniform. Great. Another one of the very few concessions we had now gone! Officers should have received an email regarding this at work

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 15.1k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  3. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Can any students on these courses tell me what it's like and offer a bit of insight? also do you have to spend some time at Sully doing your training for the SCing? From what I hear (the impresssion I am given..) you are an SC but you work like a regular? Doing duties regs do but Specials don't? Also can someone tell me what happens in terms of recruitment into TVP as a reg when you are finished and explain the top up year to BA/BSc from there for me please? I PM'd a guy who does one of the courses but no reply... If you wish to PM as well as post , feel free Jon

    • 4 replies
    • 1.2k views
  4. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Looking to speak to serving TVP officers particularly in the reading and Bracknell LPA, mainly just a kit what the areas are like, specialist opportunities etc? Will PM you if you want cheers

    • 12 replies
    • 893 views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  5. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    I'd like to personally thank our former Chief Officer for all of his hard work make the TVP special constabulary one of the best in Britain. Nigel was at every attestation and every first night on the intakes to inspire the new specials. Project 700 which subsequently became project 1000 was very successful and we got the support and investment. I'd like to wish the acting chief officer Jason Morley-Smith all the very best.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Looking to speak to serving TVP officers particularly in the reading and Bracknell LPA, mainly just a kit what the areas are like, specialist opportunities etc? Will PM you if you want cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 687 views
  7. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    So yesterday at our LPA area meeting, 6 resignations were announced including my S/Sgt and the S/Insp. I'm not sure quite why, but is anyone else noticing a rapid decline in numbers recently, and could this be attributed to the management changes?

    • 7 replies
    • 956 views
    SNOOZINGPHIL
  8. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, Just quick one does anyone know if there are many vacancies in the south side of TVP, by that i mean in the areas of Reading/slough/Wokingham/Bracknell/Windsor and Maidenhead area. Also are the posts that you are place into always a response role and lastly is the south east allowance still payable i.e. the 2000 pound a year extra for cost of living i believe? Thank you

    • 5 replies
    • 982 views
  9. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, Just quick one does anyone know if there are many vacancies in the south side of TVP, by that i mean in the areas of Reading/slough/Wokingham/Bracknell/Windsor and Maidenhead area. Also are the posts that you are place into always a response role and lastly is the south east allowance still payable i.e. the 2000 pound a year extra for cost of living i believe? Thank you

  10. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    What uniform does TVP get issued and i there a High Vis culture where every officer needs to where high vis ? or can you wear black ?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.6k views
  11. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hi all, anyone have an idea of what shift pattern TVP are currently operating for PCs?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. Malmo
    Started by Malmo,

    I noticed these have changed to six areas now. Serving the Public Openness to Change Service Delivery Professionalism Decision Making Working with others Obviously I won't say which I will have in my interview, but do these areas still pretty much cover the old areas? I only ask because for my examples I based them on the positive indicators from the older competencies. Would it be wise to use the new ones to tweak my answers? For example. On the old ones I thought of points that matched the positive indicators. Would it be better now to match them to the text supplied with each one? Using Serving the Public, it says "Demonstrates a real belief in public servic…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    Hi there As a trainee Met SC and a prospective student of Bucks New University.... I may have to transfer to TVP as if you spend time with TVP as an SC for the Policing Studies course you get extra modules and work experience credits added to your degree. I just want to know, do TVP accept transfers/ are they accepting them now and what is the process like? How exactly does transferring force work.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 948 views
  14. DPW3
    Started by DPW3,

    Hi I completed my TVP A/C yesterday. I felt the day went well but I had a bit of a wobble on the numerical test. Does anyone know wether they will fail you if you have done well on everything else but had a shocker on the maths test ?

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. NPspecial
    Started by NPspecial,

    Due to various reasons I would like to transfer from northants to TVP preferably Milton Keynes. Is it easy to transfer ? Is there anyone on here that's done it ? Will I need to retake probation and get re confirmed as IPS ?

    • 3 replies
    • 655 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.