Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. m-muscat
    Started by m-muscat,

    So, I was succesful at my transfer interview on Monday and it's looking like an August start and a posting to South Bucks. Just looking for some general advice about 'living'. I was told you have to live within 20 miles of where you work, is that the station you're based at or the border of the area? What areas would you all recommend? Schools will play a big part so also wondering if anyone can recommend any good schools? Thanks all Maria

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  2. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Good morning all, I will try going through my specials supervisor as well, but I may as well ask here: If anyone has a contact so that I can try to arrange a visit with the Control Room at Milton Keynes (I THINK its this one that covers my area, although Windsor rings a bell), could they PM me with the details please? Thanks, Adam

    • 5 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. Welshlad2012
    Started by Welshlad2012,

    Hello, does anyone know or ears that Thames are opening this year?? Thank you. Chris

      • Like
    • 47 replies
    • 5k views
  4. police5670
    Started by police5670,

    Does anyone work out of banbury station as currently work for SCAS nd seen a few SC's out and about Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 2 replies
    • 654 views
  5. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Hi all, This is a condensed post contianing most of the detail from my previous thread, titled "The Training." Sulhampsted, Thames Valley Polices Force Training Facility, provides a locale where all Special Constables that are invited to attend training with TVP will be taught the knowledge aend skills that they need to become proficient probationers in the role of a Volunteer Police Officer. The training is broken down into 8 weekends (5 Law weekends, 1 First Aid weekend and two Officer Safety Training weekends), and most of these weekends will be held at Sulhampsted. Some training weekends may have venues changed on an intake-by-intake basis, and you'll be notified of…

    • 0 replies
    • 13.6k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  6. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    So you're first on shift at a Police station... let's say Slough. A few pieces of advice (1): Introduce yourself to everyone including the SGTS... sometimes they might forget your name so remind them. (2): Offer to make the briefing tea. (3): Make sure you have all the forms that are necessary for ANYTHING from PAC50 to DASH forms. Have them on hand and offer to fill them in (with a little help from a regular for the PAC50) (4): Stop, Look. Listen, and Think. Watch what your more experienced partner does, nod, look interested in the complainer (even if they're a muppet), if you are on reactive be a map reader, Use your iphone map, say 'clear left or right' if you're …

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. basiclee
    Started by basiclee,

    Im considering applying for the Specials in the Thames Valley area...I was just wondering if it is possible to group the four hours a week in to one block. For example, could I do two days striaght instead of 4 hours a week, as this would fit in with my career more easily

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
    Browser1546081254
  8. ChrisdTVP08
    Started by ChrisdTVP08,

    Hey has any one else seen the new astra vehciles that shift have got? I saw a new one with the new clear stule led lights bars on MK today, just wondering as i have yet to see inside one do they still have the rear reds or is it those blue an red ones that the met have below the central brake light strip?

      • Like
    • 1.3k replies
    • 76.7k views
  9. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Hey guys, Anyone else having problems with the TVP website today and yesterday, or is it just me? Thanks, Adam Edit: Can't get to the BBC either... Sounds suspicious... Edit 2: One of the DNS servers in our office rolled over. Disregard!

    • 2 replies
    • 741 views
  10. hathaway
    Started by hathaway,

    Hey, I'm currently in training up in Norfolk and I've just started a dual working agreement whereby when I get attested I'll be able to start down in TVP as well. I've been wondering, how do shoulder numbers and warrant numbers work in TVP? In Norfolk all specials' numbers start with a particular number, and I was wondering if this was the same or not in TVP so that if possible I could keep the same shoulder and warrant numbers, just to make life that little bit easier. Regards

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 2k views
  11. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    My ssgt has given me a list of things to complete, but i cant find two..If anyone using NCALT can help me find; ~ Interactive Computer Safety (HSA12A) ~ Stay Safe - Firearms Safety (TSD048) I will be eternally grateful... Thanks

      • Like
    • 45 replies
    • 6.6k views
  12. Andy_M
    Started by Andy_M,

    Hi All, Today I found out that I passed the assessment day I did on the 25th Oct, I will be sending my medical forms tomorrow with my letter of agreement (in principle). I am not worried about the fitness or medical however am a little worried about the vetting as my Mother isn't of good character and not sure how this will affect me? I have moved out years ago, and have never been in trouble. I must admit I am chuffed at this stage for passing Day 1, so let's see how far I get. Hopefully all the way. Preferred station list Reading Loddon Valley Newbury Hope to update this topic as and when I receive information. Andy

      • Like
    • 107 replies
    • 5.6k views
  13. olive105285
    Started by olive105285,

    I have my start date on 9th March and thought it was a good idea to start my course work. Having a quick read through this is fine. HOWEVER on my fitness test morning, somebody mentioned A case study within the work book? And having to contact a library in regards to more information. I CANNOT for the life of me find this information within my pack (as I have printed off all the information needed) Was wondering if anybody can help with this? Thanks!

    • 19 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Hello all! Are there any officers from Bicester (JF) or Witney (JW) that could pm me please? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 670 views
  15. ker
    Started by ker,

    How are people doing on their application process? I’m now waiting for an offer of a start date so I can do my medical and stuff been waiting for around a month now since my fitness test. What stage is everyone else at and how long have you been at that stage for :) Stu

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.