Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. james-2172
    Started by james-2172 * ,

    Hello, I am wondering of anyone out there is aware of and knows what shift pattern - response shift officers are currently doing in thames valley police in /around the slough east barks areas?

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 4.2k views
  2. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    is there anyone on here thats on the june intake?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Anyone work out of Slough? What's it like as a station, patch, any advice?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.8k views
  4. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , I'm passing out from sully in a couple of weeks as a special . I was wondering what Maidenhead is like to work in ? Many thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 906 views
  5. John@met
    Started by John@met,

    When you first arrive you will go to reception, give your name and will be given two forms to complete. The first form details any sick days you have had since you filled in the Medical Questionnaire. The second form is about hearing and asks for previous conditions, exposure to certain environments and family history. Once these are complete they are handed back to the receptionist while you wait for the Nurse Medical Tests with the Nurse The first stage of the medical will take place with the Nurse and will consist of the main checks. Eyesight - The first part will take place in the corridor. You stand on the marked blue tape and cover your own eye to read the chart.…

    • 12 replies
    • 2.7k views
  6. blakey
    Started by blakey +,

    Hello All, I have my assessment Booked Individual Exercises Group Exercises Interview Dictation Test Ive got some qestions what is the Group exercies about ?? and whats the interview like

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  7. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Can specials give tickets for traffic offences? E.G Mobile Phone whilst driving etc.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. crowman
    Started by crowman,

    Did anyone else on here pass there assessment for TVP on the 8th of jan.? If so has anyone heard back from vetting?, had medical forms etc? Still waiting on vetting/medical/fitness etc, and looking for some moral support while waiting the long wait.... .I called recruitment last week and they said some vetting had been returned for candidates passed on the 8th. Regards crowman.

    • 67 replies
    • 4k views
  9. Chris 1994
    Started by Chris 1994,

    To all TVP Specials A reminder that the first ever TVP Special Constabulary Tie Pin is still available with monies rasied going directly to the Force SC Welfare Fund and the Taplow Traffic Trust. I have attached a scan of the pin and an order form. Scan - Order Form - Thames_Valley_SC_Tie_Pin.pdf Regards

    • 54 replies
    • 5.1k views
    E29NP1546080952
  10. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    Hello everyone, Now I know Im abit young to become a special constable but whilst I was on the thames valley police recruitment website and on benefits and reward page it said ''Claim out of pocket expenses including travel.'' Does that mean thames valley police will pay your bus, train,car fuel price ? or does it mean something els ?

    • 12 replies
    • 2.3k views
  11. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    Hello there everyone, Just a few question i wanted the answer too for TVP 1. Do you have to live with in 20 miles of the police station you work in ? I heard some where this and wasnt sure if it true or not and if it is true how far is 20 miles (im not very good at maths :/) would it be like from slough to reading or high wycombe to aylesbury? 2. As Im 15 at the moment I dont consider my self that strong as a special constable you might have to take someone down or over power them if they resist arrest and wanted to ask what exercise i could do to get bigger body mass and get stronger? 3.. I heard my local uni offer this http://bucks.ac.uk/d...lt.aspx?page=80 and is it…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  12. barras99
    Started by barras99,

    I have a good friend who is thinking of transferring to TVP and wants to get Milton Keynes. Can anyone assist with comments regarding working that division and, most importantly, what the shift pattern is. Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. crowman
    Started by crowman,

    i've done it! Had the call to say my appointment pack is on its way. I feel so proud. A big thankyou to all here that have offered advice to me throughout the process. And look forward to meeting new people, and learning lots at sully on the 20th. Regards Tom.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. sp1108
    Started by sp1108,

    I have my fitness test on wednesday 20th April, is anyone else on it, (TVP) Can anyone tell me how the Bleep Test works and what are the rules, what else is involved in the test on the day. I have to say i am a little concerned with the bleep test cause i have never taken part in one.

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Pippa65
    Started by Pippa65,

    Hi Any advice on the fitness test would be great please, I passed my medical on Monday and have my fitness this Monday coming! I'm practicing in my garden doing the beep test, it's hard going so I'm hoping all goes well!

    • 20 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Romeoalphacharlie

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.