Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. powell21
    Started by powell21,

    Is there anyone who is attending the pre joining weekends on july 17th - 18th and or july 31st - august 1st? I also have a date for a prejoining fitness test on july 27th. I just want to get an idea of how many people are attending, most of the threads on these forums are about people who are waiting and have been waiting for a long time to hear about dates for fitness and medicals and so on, so it would be nice to hear from some people who have good news to share for a change.

    • 0 replies
    • 673 views
  2. bradders
    Started by bradders,

    Hi guys, I recently failed the hearing test due to High frequency deafness in one ear and have to take a further hearing test. However the tests as yet haven't actually been devised and are still being looked at by the 'experts'. Tvp cannot give me a time frame on when they may be ready. Is anybody else in the same boat.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. carlyjadebaldwin
    Started by carlyjadebaldwin,

    I've just been told by Recruitment there is an issue with my eligibility to join the TVP Pension Scheme. My documents are now being looked at by the Police Authority. Anyone else in a similar position or know anyone that has been? Cheers.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Jodes

    Hello all Would anyone know if the budget cuts announced today includes freezing or delaying the police recruitment process?

  5. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , Just waiting for my AC date . I was wondering do you think the one day courses are worth doing ? If so which ones are best ? Many Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. bradders
    Started by bradders,

    Can anybody please tell me if they use a hearing aid on duty or if they know of any officers that do. Much obliged.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.1k views
  7. Mbrees
    Started by Mbrees,

    Hi All, Just wondered if anyone had any info regarding accommodation while training at Abingdon. If all goes well I will be starting there on June 28th but I will need to sort out accommodation as I'm moving up from the other-side of Bath. I have had some info about different options through with my provisional offer but was hoping someone might be able share their experiences? Cheers Matt

  8. paulie1546620618
    Started by paulie1546620618,

    Good Evening everyone, So a pretty self explanatory topic.... what is the starting salary gross with TVP? Is the £22680 gross excluding the £2000 waiting allowance or including it, making your starting salary £24680? I searched for some topics but none appeared to answer this, or else I didnt find it. lol Many thanks all

  9. claire688
    Started by claire688,

    Hi All, Does anybody else have their A/C on Tuesday 27th April?. Any tips for the day would be much appreciated from you guys who have already been through it. Thanks Claire

    • 3 replies
    • 739 views
  10. paulie1546620618
    Started by paulie1546620618,

    Hello everyone... Got the good news earlier that I will be starting on the 26th July, based in Buckinghamshire. Anyone been given this date?

    • 1 reply
    • 510 views
  11. When I grow up
    Started by When I grow up,

    No job topic Some poor person have been told "Sorry but we are withdrawing your application .............." Could this happen to us .................

  12. SeanA
    Started by SeanA,

    Hello I'm Sean from Northern Ireland originally (but my mum/dad were Tvp copper's) living In North London looking to get out of the city, finally. Just got the a letter today, Provo Start date of June 1st (Tuesday, as Monday is a Bank hoilday) Bcu = Buckinghamshire ( No appointed station yet until the final offer letter comes ) Got to do 2 weekends prior to starting as well in Aylesbury college ! and my fitness/photos/uniform fitting in April. Anyone else ? Sean

    • 12 replies
    • 1.8k views
  13. ker
    Started by ker,

    Anyone else starting on this intake?

  14. psychozippy
    Started by psychozippy,

    Can anyone tell me there thoughts about working at Windsor, whats the police station like there?

    • 1 reply
    • 689 views
    znra2511546080955
  15. ker
    Started by ker,

    tvp are recruiting specials at the moment and seem to be pushing it. might be a good idea for those who did not make it into the regs http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/joinus/j...oloff-apply.htm

    • 0 replies
    • 509 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.