Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Koados
    Started by Koados,

    Just a thought, After the assessment at Kidlington I got given a CD with lots of Pre Traning Course stuff on. One of the documents (Not protectivelymarked) called IL4SC Pre Joining Workbook has got loads of strikethroughs. I am guessing that they have taken the regulars training and just modified it. Is everyone's like this? It makes it quite hard to read and follow. The other documents are all fine - Am I correct in saying that these all have to be filled in/completed before the start of your training as per the Letter? Thanks

    • 14 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Mike D1546081335 +
  2. missd83
    Started by missd83,

    hi does anyone know what the current shift pattern is for response teams in the south bucks lpa please? also any additional info about the lpa in general would be greatly appreciated thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. watty
    Started by watty * ,

    hi was wondering if anyone could help me, is there any parking for staff at high wycombe station? cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 997 views
  4. NAK
    Started by NAK,

    Anyone know how long it takes? Or am i just asking how long is a piece of string

      • Like
    • 57 replies
    • 6.7k views
  5. DJS1546081112
    Started by DJS1546081112,

    For those that got an application in circa Mar/Apr this year I received a call last week. I was told that the papersift will be complete and that I will be told the outcome of it at the end of September. Fingers crossed that I even make it through that.

      • Like
    • 65 replies
    • 6.6k views
  6. robbocop1546620065
    Started by robbocop1546620065,

    Hi all, i'm transferring into TVP soon and i'm being told that I'll be going to Cowley nick response team. Anyone work there or have any pals that do for a bit of inside knowledge? Cheers Robbocop

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  7. deef
    Started by deef,

    Hi everyone, Has anyone been given a confirmed start date for July??

  8. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    Hello there, I was just curious to know if Thames valley police sent any officer to the Tottenham riot or any other of the disorders as I was watching sky news and I saw a van from a distant parked up which didn't have the met colors. It looked like the TVP logo and started to wander did TVP send offer too as I heard to had officer from the city and Kent but wasn't sure if TVP had sent too ?

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 2.1k views
  9. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , Random question but when police are in ceremonial dress do they carry any equipment (ppe) ?

    • 3 replies
    • 2.9k views
  10. bradders
    Started by bradders,

    Can anybody tell me if the extra pay for working in the south east is still being paid? Particularly to Student Officers? I have just noticed there is no reference to it any longer on the TVP website. Cheers.

    • 7 replies
    • 3.1k views
  11. jocker01
    Started by jocker01,

    Hi, I'm currently Special in MET and started thinking totransfer to TVP. I know couple specials from TVP and they don't enjoy it that much working for TVP like I enjoy working for MET. Commuting to MET is not the greatest thing on earth ( I'm from Oxford area) plus I know my bearings in here. What I'm concerned the most is lack of opportunities inTVP to develop and go further. My dream is to become traffic officer, are there any specials in traffic at all? If transfer will I lose my IP status, all my training like PO3 and L4 driving? How long transfers take from the scratch? And the most important why You not wear beat helmets when on duty? Regards Jocker01

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 2.5k views
  12. Ian82
    Started by Ian82,

    I start my two week induction course at Sulhamstead tomorrow and was wondering if someone could clarify a few things for me please. I understand breakfast and evening meals are included, but what sort of options are available at lunch and how much it costs. Also, is tea and coffee free at break times? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  13. 9991546081290
    Started by 9991546081290,

    I've passed interview and day 1 +2. I put down Slough and windsor as stations can someone tell me what there like?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.7k views
  14. miss_independant
    Started by miss_independant,

    Hi, I have just received a letter showing my provisional start date for TVP as Monday 19th Sept! Am so happy to finally get this letter (even though its still provisional). Was wondering if anybody else has received a letter with the same date? I have my medical on Tuesday 24th May. Have also been given my pre-training weekends, they are 16/17th July & 30/31st July with my final fitness and uniform fitting etc on 1st August. Can't wait to finally hand my notice in at my current job, and get my teeth into my new career!

  15. Craigp1966
    Started by Craigp1966 * ,

    This has probably been done to death, but I can't seem to find any new stuff on this. So if anybody has gone through the interview in the last six months and can remember what was talked about it would help me no end. I know that there is a 'What would you do if this happened scenario' which involves a stabbing. How it evolves would be good to know and points to look out for. I also expect to get asked questions on competencies, but what else was asked? Interview is this week so any help would be good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.