Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. jomishuk
    Started by jomishuk,

    Anyone here going for the Assessment Day on 9th May?

      • Like
    • 625 replies
    • 39.3k views
  2. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    Nothing mentioned about Maidenhead station. Anybody give me an idea of what the station and area is like now ?

    • 2 replies
    • 619 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  3. Mike Roush
    Started by Mike Roush,

    If anyone is worried or feels they could use some practice before the dictation test (I certainly have been having not really used the skill for years!) I found this site, http://www.learnenglish.de/dictationpage.htm Has plenty of different tests at two different levels and the text written out after for you to check your work. This is my first time applying and I've not done the test before but I presume this is pretty much the same as the test I'll be taking? If not please let me know. Mike

    • 0 replies
    • 1.9k views
  4. Nickyc
    Started by Nickyc,

    Evening all.. Does anyone know where the safe drive stay alive vidoe can be found? (the one specific to TVP) - Im aware there are plenty of other force area ones avaliable on youtube, but im specifically after the TVP one! Thank you all!

    • 1 reply
    • 575 views
  5. andyk1231546081432
    Started by andyk1231546081432,

    Hi Guys :-) I've had a hunt around the forum and can't find any recent information about requirement (post back in May was the latest). I'm aware that on the TVP jobs site they have it listed as closed for recruitment, however if someone has an idea on when this would be open again that would be great? Alternatively I'm keen to register my interest so that I don't miss out on the next round of applications and was wondering what might be the best way to do this? Should I just wait it out until they update the site, give them a call or drop them an email? I've done a lot of reading up in the past months on specials and while only just registered have read though a lot o…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 948 views
    andyk1231546081432
  6. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    In case anyone wants TVP-specific ones..

    • 1 reply
    • 635 views
  7. rachael27161
    Started by rachael27161,

    Evening all, Received a job alerts email today to say that TVP have just opened up recruitment for PCSO's in Berkshire, and Buckinghamshire. I'm currently filling out the application form online. But finding that the 5 competency questions are taking forever to think about, structure and type out. Compared to the MET's application form, this one is a lot more in depth (competency question wise) Any tips (not answers) would be greatly appreciated, as I haven't applied to TVP before (even though TVP is my local force!) Thanks

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 2.8k views
  8. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    Any thoughts on the TVP candidates? I was under the impression we'd be sent information on them but have only received a polling card. Looks like that's all that'll be arriving. At least, unlike some areas, we've got a couple of independants. Have included their election statements below (spoiler'd to save space).. PATIENCE TAYO AWE - Independent Thank you for this opportunity to share my aspiration to represent you impartially. I must commend you, the police, statutory agencies and community safety partnerships etc for your commitment and perseverance to date. This non-partisan position of Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) symbolises a new era of ‘policing by co…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    Have received an email from the TVP jobs site reminding me that, if you're interested in becoming a regular officer, you need to have 2 A-levels or equivalent. It also mentioned that applications would be opened up "in the near future".. I had a question about the A-level alternatives and was speaking to HR and they confirmed that there would be some slots opening up but they couldn't be specific about when.. As I'm due to start Specials training later this month, I was wondering... If you become a special (or are still in training) and your Regs application is submitted, at what point (assuming the application progresses successfully) would you have to have to cease be…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. JS_
    Started by JS_,

    Hello TVP colleagues, I have read brief details that TVP have recently started assigning SC's to the RPU role ... Does anyone on here know any more about this ? I'd be interested in the details of what the officers get upto and the training they recieve. If there is an SC Supervisor looking after this it would be good to have a chat - as we ae just over the border and there may opportunities for joint working. Thanks James

    • 25 replies
    • 2.4k views
  11. Mike Roush
    Started by Mike Roush,

    Hello all, my name is Mike Hanson and I am currently in the process of applying for both the Foundation Degree in Policing starting in 2013 through Oxford Brookes and to become a Special Constable with Thames Valley Police. I recently attended an open day at Brookes to meet the course leader and a chap from TVP recruitment. They both advised me that it would be useful for my appliction to TVP and to give me a chance to meet some special constables to arrange to go on a ride along. So on my way home i popped in my local station which is Reading and spoke to the the gentleman on the front desk. He was as helpful as he could be but had seemingly never been asked the questi…

    • 13 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Ndaw4
    Started by Ndaw4,

    I'm massively proud to announce that I received the details of my first posting to PDU today- in Reading! Really excited as that's where I've lived for the last 3 years so I won't be too lost geographically at least!

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. cosworthchris
    Started by cosworthchris,

    Hi! I've been a member on here for a bit, originally because I'd applied to join the Specials in Norfolk but failed at the interview. Now though, I'll soon be moving to Aylesbury, due to a new job at TVP - albeit not as a police officer! lol I will however apply and succeed at joining the Specials at TVP as soon as I've got into my routine! Moving's my other half's fault - she's also from Norfolk, but got a new job with SCAS in May, and I'm now following her down there. I love cars and driving, amongst other things, and in a year or so hope to become a full-fat officer at TVP, with the ultimate aim of joining Traffic at the earliest opportunity. Would be nice to kno…

    • 2 replies
    • 566 views
  14. rsgc1990
    Started by rsgc1990,

    Hi, I have recently passed my medical for tvp specials and am just awaiting when I will have my fitness. I believe I am on the January's 2013 intake so it's about a year since starting my application. Is anybody else on January's intake?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 838 views
  15. porge88
    Started by porge88,

    Has anybody else seen the test advert for new police officer recruits on the TVP website? Surely a tell tale sign they're going to be opening it soon? When I saw it my heart skipped a beat then I saw 'DO NOT APPLY TEST PAGE' and I came back down with a bump

    • 2 replies
    • 827 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.