Thames Valley Police
363 topics in this forum
-
TVP Colleages, I have, in my two years, never received a training input on Contemp Notes Interviews and, to my knowledge, nobody else has. There have been a number of recent jobs for me where it'd have been very useful to interview someone at the roadside or as opposed to taking them to custody to be interviewed, however as I have never been trained I am not sure if the force "allows" specials to perform these interviews. Have you ever had training in, or performed a contemp notes interview?
-
Good afternoon, I'm thinking of starting a 5-a-side league within TVP specials, would anybody be interested? Was thinking of LPA based teams maybe meeting once a month, could be a laugh. Let me know if you have any experience in organising this type of thing. Forgot to say its football.
-
Hi Folks, Just thought I would say hello. I recently applied to become a Special Constable with Thames Valley Police, I had my assessment centre at the end of October and my medical at the beginning of January. Just the fitness test (mid February) and vetting to go. Found this forum really useful and no doubt if I make it the distance I'll have lots of questions during training and after. I'm hoping to be working in the Wokingham area if successful. Cheers
-
Lovely new gym at sully. Had my fitness and ost refresher last Saturday, it's the first time I have had a look. Really impressive.
-
Hello I have a few questions about the regulars recruitment, particularly in TVP but also amongst other forces as I'm not sure if it's the same. I passed an assessment centre within TVP on February with 68% and my interview was then scheduled for the end of April. They have then postponed it until June now which a fair wait to find out if I have passed or failed! My first question is how long are my assessment centre results valid for? And secondly if I do fail the final interview, would I have to wait 6 months before re applying or could I go to another force and transfer my scores straight away? As I am worried that if I fail in June and have to wait 6 months to try an…
-
Hi, Currently going through the assessment process and have a medical tomorrow for TVP. Unfortunately - I never got a confirmation e-mail so not sure where I'm going! Couldn't get an answer from Occ Health tofday. Can anyone share the address, or where they went for theirs? Is it Kidlington? Andrew
-
As the title says, could somebody from the Witney / Eynsham area contact me as I trying to gauge how and whether it would be possible to request assistance with an event in that area on 1st June.
-
All, You will have received an e-mail from PVST asking for support in relation to the floods. Whilst I'm sure many of you will be eager to volunteer, remember that Policing is not your primary employment - we all have jobs, we all have families and we all have friends. Whilst I encourage you to volunteer, please just make sure you're considering your own priorities first. If you do go out, expect to get wet, don't work too hard and stay safe. All the best, Adam
-
Hi guys! I'm thinking of investing in a tactical harness to go over my stabbie. Just to clarify, the item i'm thinking of is as follows (or similar): http://www.patrolstore.com/Protec-Overt-Equipment-Mini-Vest-with-Peter-Jones-CS-Holder-p-11973.html However, I heard a rumour that TVP may be retiring these harnesses soon and I'd rather not spend £70 for 2 weeks use... Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour? Thanks in advance! Ourob
-
Hi guys, Had my assessment centre at Sully yesterday and got the great news this morning of a conditional offer to be a special based at Lodden Valley covering Wokingham! Absolutely over the moon so thought I'd share my excitement and say hi!
-
Afternoon all! Just a quick hello from me, finally got round to making an account on the forum. I'm currently in the application process to become a special, I've got the assessment centre on Friday and I'm hoping to police the Abingdon area if I pass selection and training. Anyone else going on friday? Cheers, Ruffellator
-
Hi All, Thought I would raise the question of whether you think it should be a quicker process to obtain your IP status. At present within our LPA to get to FAP we need to complete one event sheet for each of the PDP sections. To then get to IP we need to complete approx 2-3 event sheets per section. I personally think that this should be a quicker process, as a FAP at the moment I sometimes find it fustrating that I feel confident when I'm with another IP/SSGT to be in control of things whilst out on shift, obviously if I need something I ask the officer i'm with, I know from previous experience that even though I sometimes ask for help I'm not the only one, I have b…
-
I'm filling out the form for SC and I have all the questions answered except one that kinds puzzles me. The question is: As a Special Constable you can make a direct contribution to your local community. How does the police service engage with the local community? For me answer to this question is something out of the guide book for police or actually any police force website in UK ex. There are five stages of community engagement associated with neighbourhood policing... (and the list follows..). How do I put it in my own words? What exactly is expected from my answer? thank you
-
HI, Anyone else have their assessment on 3rd September 2013? be great to hear from any of you? or am I alone LOL Any advice most welcome, I am preparing like mad! Very hard to locate anyone on here who has been through the TVP recruitment process recently.
-
- 2 replies
- 1.2k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Am I right in thinking that there is no requirement to dress smart (shirt and tie) as I might be in my work gear (furthest thing from smart). What did everybody wear out of curiosity? Thanks