Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Anthony190
    Started by Anthony190,

    Hi All, I have my assessment centre to go from SC to PC this week in Sulhamstead. I have been reading up on the College of Policing website that the centre process changed in September 2015 so its not going to be like anything i have previously done. Has anyone done it recently can that give me some advice regarding the interactive exercises and interview (2 x motivation and value and 2 x past behaviour questions). Any good prep methods? and what sort of examples will i need to consider for the motivation and values questions? Thanks in advance for your help. Tony.

    • 2 replies
    • 583 views
  2. Anthony190
    Started by Anthony190,

    Hi All, Im in the process of finally going through the recruitment process to join Hampshire Constabulary after 6 years of being a special. The final parts of of my SEARCH recruitment centre is being done at the TVP Training Centre in Sulhamstead, Ive been given a map but it doesnt help in the slightest and I've been told if you follow your satnav you get sent in to random parts of the establishment. Can anyone help me and advise me which is the best way to go in to get to the 'white house' reception. Thank you in advance

  3. jammydodger
    Started by jammydodger,

    Hi, Just wondering if there is anyone out there with a provisional offer for Dec'15 or possibly Feb'16. I have got the fitness and medical on the same day at the end of October. References all done. Waiting to hear from vetting. Beep test should be no issue. Building up my muscles for the push/pull! How are things progressing for you? Look forward to hearing from you.

    • 4 replies
    • 701 views
  4. GSmith
    Started by GSmith,

    Hi Could anybody help please? We've got first aid tomorrow for the weekend. On our induction day we were told to wear smart casual clothes until we get our uniform. Then this week we had an email saying for first aid we can wear casual clothes such as gym gear. So my question is is it ok to turn up in gym clothes or should I wear smart and then change? I don't want to get off on the wrong foot Thanks in advance

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 786 views
  5. Stripe
    Started by Stripe,

    Just checking in - how are we all doing in the land of TVP? I for one, have started my Uni degree and I'm loving it - off to Sully for 4 weeks residential training in January ready for PDU in February!

    • 4 replies
    • 630 views
  6. veryspecial
    Started by veryspecial,

    For those who may have known Rod, he sadly past away this week. Funeral is being held on 28th September in Oxford. Rod was previously second on command of the SC in TVP and was a fabulous bloke I was lucky enough to work my first shift with. RIP Rod. http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/13763957.Obituary__Tributes_to_top_Lion_Rod_Attewell_who_gave_all_to_benefit_the_community/

    • 1 reply
    • 981 views
  7. Weeblex
    Started by Weeblex,

    I thought I'd start a thread if there are any of the TVP September intake on here to say Hi.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 897 views
  8. Weeblex
    Started by Weeblex,

    After the other post about warrant cards came up today tt occurs to me that I've never seen one. So I started googling it and I can't find one online. Part of me tells me they don't like them photographed so they can't be copied, but if I can't find out what they look like, how can I know if I see one that it is genuine or fake. Does anyone have a link to what they should look like? Thanks, Gary

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Weeblex
    Started by Weeblex,

    I had a uniform fitting on the 20th of July for intake in September. (TVP) I was very close to the BMI limit and I took it to heart. My weight loss is kicking in now and I'm down one trouser size, hopefully another by the intake. I'd considered calling up the assessment centre and seeing if I could be remeasured on one of their other assessment days so my uniform fits but I wondered if anyone else knows the correct way to get the right uniform for a TVP SC? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 924 views
  10. Weeblex
    Started by Weeblex,

    I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for things I should get before starting (or completing) training. Things that occurred to me are boots and books. Do you get given things like Blackstone's or should I get a copy ahead of time? Anything else you wish you had before you got started? Gary

    • 11 replies
    • 948 views
  11. JessFox
    Started by JessFox,

    I need to have my Hep B jabs done, when I had my medical the nurse/doctor told me that they would be at Sully to do the jabs, but do I need to make an appointment to get this done? Does anyone have a number or e-mail I can contact OHU on to find out or book?

    • 4 replies
    • 648 views
  12. GSmith
    Started by GSmith,

    Hi, looking for help please, I've had my uniform fitting and my induction day is 11th July. I need to get my boots but not sure what to get, can anybody recommend some please? I'm female (just in case that makes a difference with styles etc) Thanks

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  13. Barbarossa
    Started by Barbarossa * ,

    Ladies and gents, Starting a thread for anyone else who has just started the process in the recruitment window that opened this week. Might be a useful way to track progress and share any news. I've been pretty impressed with the efficiency so far... fingers crossed it continues like this!

    • 0 replies
    • 522 views
  14. GSmith
    Started by GSmith,

    Hi I have my induction day on 11th July, I was just wondering if anybody else has? Also does anybody know what we do that day? is it meeting everybody and paperwork? Thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 695 views
  15. Stripe
    Started by Stripe,

    Hey all! I had my fitness test today, and thankfully I passed As it was my last hurdle I've now been offered the position of Special Constable. I can't even begin to explain how I feel right now - to be a police officer has been my dream since really young, and to finally get here is an amazing feeling. I'd like to thank all of you on this mighty website, advice I've gained on here has got me to where I am today!

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 702 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.