Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    Have just successfully got through the selection interview (on second attempt!) and am currently hoping to start training in March/April. Well, assuming vetting, etc is ok but I got through Specials vetting so hopefully there's no problem there.. Only worry at the moment is getting my weight back down. Lost over 2 stone to get into Specials and managed to put it all back on again.. doh. I don't suppose anyone knows, if your BMI is too high, do they give you time to bring it down?

  2. Adamski1546081335
    Started by Adamski1546081335 +,

    Folks, I'm in a quandry. In a recent team meeting, we discussed the availability of training for specials, specifically which courses are available to us and which are not. I also understand that there appears to be a discord between FDA specials and "normal" specials. So, my question to you guys: which courses have you taken, and are you an FDA Special or a "normal" special? Ta, Adam

    • 16 replies
    • 975 views
  3. thetinman

    Hello all, I am looking to gather some information from TVP officers. I am currently based within Police Service of Scotland and have been for just under 3 years. My question is for anyone who has experience or knowledge of the transferee process, specifically the introduction to English law from applicants outside of England & Wales. Did they find assistance for the conversion of law? I have spoken to HR at TVP and they informed me that I would need to 'hit the ground running' in relation to being operational and my knowledge and understanding of English law, this is without any introduction or conversion course. I can totally accept this however prior to interv…

  4. gaspode
    Started by gaspode,

    The TVP jobs site is now listing openings for external applications for regular officers. You'll need to attend a recruitment event to get your application form so book your slot quickly..

      • Like
    • 438 replies
    • 19.3k views
    operationfirestorm
  5. cosworthchris
    Started by cosworthchris,

    Will anyone here be at the HQ Specials Assessment Centre tomorrow?

    • 5 replies
    • 701 views
  6. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    I know some of you do not like the way these are presented, i.e. the pause and text. However I still like to share them. I am often disturbed by the youtube comments.... but hey! its about the video not the comments. You will have to watch the video on youtubes website to see any comments.

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1k views
  7. Burnsy2023
    Started by Burnsy2023,

    How much time does TVP give it's staff off to do Specials shifts?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Hi Guys, Another poster who unfortunately failed vetting has made me think! I went to Sulhamstead to show all my ID and educational certificates etc etc, ticked boxes, signed forms and was told everything seems fine. I went away and a month later I received an update online with a letter from TVP congratulating me on passing initial eligibility and that I would be receiving a letter soon inviting me to attend an assessment. Now that's whats happened thus far. My QUESTION! is when does vetting actually take place? before you go to assessment day or after? as this other guy said he failed vetting before being asked to the assessment day. Anyone shed some light on this …

    operationfirestorm
  9. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Thought I would post this as its only just gone live on Youtube. Searched but could not find this video on the forum. Its Force Specific and Recruitment related so leave it up to mods where they want to put it. This video is about joining as a special, a really good video from Qasim, a Specials Sergeant for Thames Valley Police. Enjoy it.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 797 views
  10. JS_1546081258
    Started by JS_1546081258,

    Hi All, I've been having a look at the join us website but it doesn't seem that it's possible to apply to be a SC currently without being on the policing uni course, does anyone know if this will be changing, or if recruitment is still possible through a different channel? Thanks!

    • 12 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    Choosing an LPA area. As you can see below, there are so many areas to choose from. Where do I start? especially if I do not know the areas. Are new PC recruits put in specific areas? is there a list of where new recruits go to? This would shortlist for me. I am from Croydon and want to move to Bristol or near but I may not be able to move or know where to move for a few months yet. So anyone had to make this decision? I might be in a good position really as I am currently living out of the TVP area so this mean i can move anywhere. Obviously i need somewhere cheapish until i learn what areas are nice and what are not. I like a mix of rural and city really.

    operationfirestorm
  12. MrPenton
    Started by MrPenton * ,

    Hi all newbie here. Been thinking of joining the force as a new Police Officer for a while and being doing lots of reading up! finally filled out my talent profile online and gutted to find out i missed out on the open day by one day!! Can anyone tell me how many weeks of training are based at sulhamstead? anyone have a breakdown of mon-fri and how many weekends? I live in Milton Keynes and will (if i pass vetting, medical, fitness etc) be looking to stay there. just trying to workout what impact it may have on family/home/childcare etc. Cheers for any help

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  13. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    HI, Anyone else have their assessment on 3rd September 2013? be great to hear from any of you? or am I alone LOL :new_wave: Any advice most welcome.

    • 14 replies
    • 1.8k views
    operationfirestorm
  14. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    What do people think about the changes in senior management of TVP Specials. Seems like quite a dramatic change for a system that in the main was working.

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 2k views
  15. fruitandveg
    Started by fruitandveg +,

    Hi Folks, I'm planning to move early next year which would put me in just about a commutable distance of the west part of Thames Valley...I'm still toying with the idea of becoming a PC, so the question is, what stations are newbie PCs usually based? My current and previous forces had them based at BCU HQs, presumably that's the same? Thanks, F&V

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.