Thames Valley Police
363 topics in this forum
-
Interesting to see a change at the top in TVP. Jason Morley-Smith was doing a great job in the acting role. I certainly hope he stays on. Thoughts?
-
How do people feel about those officers who fail to do their hours consistently? Is it fair that the majority do their hours or more, turn up for training and courses, and go above and beyond to serve the Thames Valley. What would you do to solve the issue?
-
I was wondering what everyone's opinion was regarding Specials who don't turn up to training? It's fair to say over the past two years I have yet to attend a single training session (i.e., Driving, Fast Roads, Statements, etc) where every expected Special has turned up. On a few occasions it’s had a significant impact on the training itself (i.e., OST recertification, first aid) requiring the trainers to make considerable changes to the lessons for that particular day. These training days cost TVP money and I guess the lack of commitment from certain sections of the Special Constabulary does have a material impact on training budgets. In addition it must impact our …
-
Hiya I am a serving Special with Hampshire but have applied for TVP as a police officer role. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to pass my assessment centre? I understand theres so many things you have to say/do to get a tick in the box? Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks
-
Hi everyone, Just wondering who else is starting on the 13th June? Andrew
-
Hi Folks, I am currently in the middle of my training, due to attest in mid July. Quite a few of the other people on my course have been contacted by their LPA's/Stations to invite them along for a look around the station and to say hello. I haven't had any contact from my LPA, although I am not sure if the above is standard practice. Any thoughts? Cheers
-
Hi all, first post here. I've got a few questions that I couldn't find answers for trawling through search. Bit of background first. Previously I applied for TVP Special Constabulary back in the first year of my Police Studies degree in 2010 and went for the Assesment day in 2011 and passed to the next stage. I went on to pass vetting/sec check, background checks, Fitness test, and 99.9% of the Medical examination, unfortunately the only thing barring joining an intake after this was my BMI which I was at 32.0 for the earliest intake to training, I am a fairly big guy/stocky person and have struggled with weight in the past and had lost about 4-5 stone in order to get …
-
I have been using Niche for the past few weeks and I think it is excellent. It really gives us good visibility of cases we've been working on and also excellent for insights and intelligence. If you haven't done the ncalt course it's really worth it.
-
-
Hi guys, I'm a special in the Met and recently underwent the PC day 1 assessment centre and achieved an overall score of 55%. Even though I passed the assessment centre on a national level, I was unsuccessful with the Met and my application to become a full PC was terminated. My score breakdown is as follows: Overall - 55% Written communication - 67% Oral Communication - 100% Working with Others - 52% The reason I wasn't successful with the Met was because I didn't achieve 55% or higher in the Working with Others competency even though I met the overall pass mark. Do any of you TVP officers know if my score is transferable and if so, when the next PC recruitment c…
-
Evening everyone! I hope everyone's well and is getting where they want to be (if you're in the application process) I've got my first weekend of training this weekend and was wondering what I should take. I've got a pretty good idea, but if someone could tell me if I'm missing anything that would be great! Smart clothes for training - shirts, trousers, ties, blazer Civvy clothes for evenings Toiletries Towel Laptop Notebook and plenty of pens Pre course learning and JI's ID? Sleeping bag (saves faffing round with bedding) Cheers in advance, any advice appreciated
-
Hello Folks, As a first port of call, does anyone know what schedule the PC PDU placements take please? Are they Mon-Fri or are they part/full shift patterns...? Any advice gratefully received. Thanks F&V
-
Sure it's getting quieter in here. Have my PDU coming up in March in Reading. Anyone here worked Reading much? Any advice? Looking forward to getting down to Sully in Feb and starting to put things in to practice.
-
Afternoon all! Any of you fine people on the 9th of May specials intake at sully?
-
What is the best thing to do if you don't have any a levels and want to become a reg? I went straight into building trade when I left school so never had the need to sit them, plus it wasn't a requirement back then else I would of got them. I've looked at online courses but they are £365 each, I'm willing to invest in them as I know this is the career I want but just wondered if there is a faster/easier/cheaper way of meeting the requirement. Thanks for any info