Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. norman1982
    Started by norman1982 * ,

    Hello! I presently reside within the east midlands area, and am requiring a favor, and some off the record advice off a police officer. Essentially, a few months ago, a resident within the oxford area was convicted of a crime, however, upon the day, he failed to show. Nevertheless, given that it was beyond a shadow of doubt that he was committing the crime, as per the presented evidence, he was convicted. Thereafter, he has been convicted by other judges as well, within differing courts of law. Additionally i understand that local police officers have visited him, observing the offences he was committing. I understand that there is a disposal means, within the police dat…

    znra2511546080955
  2. Ironic
  3. Stripe
    Started by Stripe,

    Hey folks I was measured for my Civ staff uniform in early April, and have yet to hear anything back from the stores. The PCSO that measured has recently mentioned that they're moving locations - anyone know when this will be done? I'm up against a bit of a deadline here as we're out in the public during the Summer. Thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 619 views
  4. GSmith
    Started by GSmith,

    Hi I've got my fitness test on Monday and If I pass, then my training starts on 11th July. I was just wondering if anybody else has these dates ?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 778 views
  5. Stripe
    Started by Stripe,

    Hey all I had my medical test at the end of March, and passed all the tests with ease except an issue with my knee which required some further looking in to. I booked an appointment with my GP for the 6th of May, and all was cleared up which my GP subsequently confirmed with Occupational Health. However, that was 10 days ago today and I have heard nothing back from them or recruitment - is this a case of no news is good news? I'd rather not confirm my attendance for the fitness test in June if I don't even know whether I've passed my medical or not. Thanks!

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 911 views
  6. Ironic
  7. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    With all the new training opportunities and ops being organised I would have though the TVP section would be busy. It's like a ghost town in here.

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 830 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  8. Whirlybird1546081382
    Started by Whirlybird1546081382 +,

    Anyone on the above course ? If so, what is it like ?

    • 5 replies
    • 846 views
  9. Ironic
    • 0 replies
    • 546 views
  10. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Having a browse.... To join as a Police Officer, the first stage of the recruitment process is to attend an eligibility event BEFORE completing an application. We are currently running five events, details of which can be found on the EVENTS page. Applications will NOT be accepted from anyone who has not attended an eligibility event. Eligibility event slots are limited, and once all the slots have been filled then event registration will close; this may be before the expected closing date. As such please register early to avoid disappointment. The role of Police Officer is like no other. It can be tough and unpredictable at times but it can also be extremely rewarding,…

    • 0 replies
    • 997 views
  11. SDK
    Started by SDK * ,

    Hey guys, new to the forum and just wondered if any upcoming specials had their intake date coming up in the new year on Feb 7th 2015 in Sulhamstead? I also have my fitness test on the 8th Dec and medical on the 12th Dec 2014. Would be good to see if anyone else is on this intake or has these medical/fitness dates.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  12. Stripe
    Started by Stripe,

    Afternoon all, I recently got invited to attend a fitness test on the 22nd of June - is anyone else here going to that? For those that have already done it: How long does it last, will it be over by midday if it starts at 08:45? Also, what is the required BMI level, I've had an email from Special Recruitment saying the minimum is 18 and one from Occupational health saying it is 18.5..? Thanks!

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 871 views
  13. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,
  14. DazzaBear
    Started by DazzaBear,

    Evening all, So as the title suggests, can anyone answer a few questions for me regarding Thames Valley special sergeants. I've noticed on the Thames Valley website they are looking to recruit Special Sergeants, these candidates can be from within the force or transfer from another force. Im currently a service Special for another force and do have independent patrol at my current force. I may be moving down into the area so thinking of applying, or is it worth commuting to my current force, or indeed transfer across as a special constable. Does force policy allow specials to crew together on response shifts? Do special sergeants have the opportunity to organize even…

    • 1 reply
    • 409 views
    Whirlybird1546081382 +
  15. adamweath96
    Started by adamweath96 * ,

    hi all, this is my first post. I sent my online application off for Thames Valley Police two days ago and sent my Ucas early decemeber. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear about the online application? Thanks, Adam

    • 0 replies
    • 374 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.