Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. Shortguy
    Started by Shortguy,
  2. Hampshirerputoffee
    Started by Hampshirerputoffee,

    Can anyone please advise me on TVP driving policy For Specials in RPU .Can you drive vehicles out on patrol Or are they just A to B ? And what type I.e astra/ vectra?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Winston Smith
    Started by Winston Smith,
  4. PartTimePlod
    Started by PartTimePlod,
  5. Adamski
  6. beren
    Started by beren * ,
  7. David
    Started by David +,
  8. sw2014
    Started by sw2014,

    Hi all Just had formal confirmation that I have been invited to attend the Oct training intake. Anyone else at Suli then. Can't wait

    • 4 replies
    • 922 views
  9. sw2014
    Started by sw2014,

    Hi all Just passed all the fitness, assessments etc, just waiting on Vetting. Hopefully i will be at Suli for Oct. I had listed Windsor or Maidenhead as a preferred station but just got a call from tvp asking if i would go to Slough. I'm happy to go anywhere, so off to Slough i go. Question - Whats it like ? Any advice most welcome I cant seem to find answers on another couple of questions that are in my head. How do you make up your hours? Are you required to do full shifts. My company sometimes drop large projects on me and i dont understand how the system works on hours etc If you get injured on duty are you insured or should i take out some sort of insuranc…

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  10. AlphaJuliet
    Started by AlphaJuliet * ,

    Evening all! I'm a former officer currently applying to join TVP through the force's 'rejoiner' programme. Not being from the area, it would help me IMMENSELY if I could chat with somebody in the force - to find out a bit more about the force and what it's like down there. I understand that Windsor/Maidenhead, Reading and Slough BCU's are looking for staff in particular. If you'd prefer to chat by private message - that would be great too! Thanks in anticipation :-)

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. knuckle dragger
    Started by knuckle dragger,

    Hi All I am currently serving within neighbouring herts as a SSGT and considering my transfer options to police closer to where I live (Beaconsfield). the 2 real options are obviously TVP and MET (Hillingdon) Is there anyone on this board that can give me a bit of background info and answer some questions surrounding High Wycombe ? If you could PM me that would be great. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 662 views
    knuckle dragger
  12. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    TfL ref: 1014561155 / 1014579106 TVP received the below information via emails from Transport for London (TFL) Date of emails: 04 & 07 August 2014 The ONLY police officers allowed to travel for free on the Tube are those from the following forces: Hertfordshire Essex Kent Surrey Thames Valley Police Officers and Special Constables of the above forces can travel free ANY time, upon production of their warrant cards. (If gates are unmanned they are usually left open so that our passengers can still safely enter/exit the station. Officers in possession of their warrants cards should just walk through the open ticket barriers in such circumstances. Should the …

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  13. Pirate Pete
    Started by Pirate Pete,

    Are there any specials doing the Reading festival on here?

    • 4 replies
    • 967 views
  14. dj-hippy
    Started by dj-hippy,

    Hi All, I am considering the possibility of transferring from my current LPA to the Bracknell Forest LPA. Can anyone tell me what the LPA is like to work on? Are there teams etc? How are thing structured? The LPA I am currently on has teams and is well structured, everyone knows where they stand and what is going on. Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 824 views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  15. veryspecial
    Started by veryspecial,

    So after 9 years I'm hanging up my kit belt for the final time and officially retiring from the Special Constabulary. Its been fun! I'm not a regular poster here but I know a lot of you by name / face even if you don't recognise me by my username. Highlights of the last 9 years; Policing the Olympics (Great fun on a boat in the sun) Policing the EDL protest in Luton (Even if we were waaaaay to far form the action) Policing Swindon vs Oxford twice! Meeting the Prime Minister and welcoming him to Witney nick Organising an awards ceremony that recognised the excellent work done by the Special Constabulary in Oxford. Low Points Crappy politics Nigel Woodley leaving…

    • 5 replies
    • 824 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.