Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. DS Warner
    Started by DS Warner,

    So I'm looking at unis and I came across these two Policing Studies courses ran by Bucks New University: http://bucks.ac.uk/courses/course/bh1pci1#course http://bucks.ac.uk/courses/course/bh1pos1 Now my absolute aim is to become a Regular.... be a PC one day. I am currently starting training with the Met to become a Special in June. The time has now come for me to look ahead at courses and unis as I am set to pack off to uni next September (2014). But this course requires you to become either: PCSO or SC with Thames Valley Police to do the course. Or at least it is recommended. I am having somewhat some difficulty deciidng what I would want to do... become a PCSO as …

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Exile771546081502
    Started by Exile771546081502,

    Does anyone have any clue as to roughly when the next TV PC recruitment window might open?? I believe that this should happen at least once more this year as they seem to be taking small batches of people, progressing them then opening the window again!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  3. DCI TAGGART
    Started by DCI TAGGART,

    Hello all, I'd be interested to know how your training, treatment on shift, and organisation (e.g PDP) differs area to area. So for example, in Milton Keynes some people are taking nearly 2 years to get to IP but in other areas like Slough it is taking a lot less time. Some areas regulars treat you like one of the team but in others less so. Also in terms of training are you getting regular input? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 851 views
    Adamski1546081335 +
  4. Glasgo31
    Started by Glasgo31,

    Hi All, I am hoping to transfer as a Special to one of the Oxford stations, and was wondering what the city is like to police? Generally speaking is it quite a steady paced area to work? After a search on PS.com there doesnt seem to be much activity at all from Specials in the Oxford area..... Any comments, feedback would be much appreciated! Cheers, S4M

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. EJW
    Started by EJW,

    Has anybody on here applied for the above role, I have my formal interview tomorrow and have no clue what to expect with the interview. All I know is that its an hour in the control room and a one hour interview. Any advice would be great,

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  6. N1kki

    i should be starting my training in november is there any prep work i should be doing i know about the phonetic alphabet and the caution stuff,but should i be brushing up on PACE and anything else just incase?I would maybe like to be a little more clued up before training ive found with certain things it helps me like did the interview. anything anyone could suggest be great.

      • Like
    • 1.4k replies
    • 70.5k views
  7. DCI TAGGART

    I am transferring from Slough to Reading in a month or so. I am interested to know how it differs.

    • 4 replies
    • 936 views
  8. oxon88
    Started by oxon88,

    Just wondered if anyone knows if response training as a special is possible in TVP under any circumstance? I see other forces which allow specials to be trained in response driving and was wondering why TVP does not allow it. I can't understand why an indipendant special could not be trained in response driving, unless its a cost saving exercise. But even then, could there not be an option to self fund the training?

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 2.8k views
  9. rsgc1990
    Started by rsgc1990,

    Hi I just wanted to check that i am printing the word documents from the pre learning dvd to complete and hand in when i start my training? Thank you Ryan

    • 2 replies
    • 612 views
  10. m-muscat
    Started by m-muscat,

    Hello all! Could anyone let me have the current response shift plan please?! Thanks All

  11. police_uk
    Started by police_uk,

    Hello, Just wandering if anyone could give me a bit of information about how the teams work in Thames Valley. I am looking to transfer within the next 6 months and am looking at forces around the south area. My main questions are around how do Thames valley work in relation to Response, NPT teams etc. Do you have prisoner handling teams within Thames valley or do response teams keep the case work. If you would rather pm back feel free, any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

  12. WT
    Started by WT,

    Hi Ladies & Gents, As some of you will have noticed, the TVP area of the forum has undergone some tidying in the past 24 hours. It has been long overdue and it is clear that a number of topics were being repeated on a quarterly basis at least. The TVP area had reached 13 pages, with lots containing topics from over 2 years ago, many of these with little or no replies in their content. There are a few new threads which have been created by merging (in some cases) over 20 previous threads on the same topic. The main ones are: TVP Application Questions- This thread is for questions relating to recruitment and the application process for Specials/PCSO's mainly. A reg…

    • 3 replies
    • 2.7k views
  13. jmcclay92
    Started by jmcclay92,

    Hi there, I have just realised that the appliction deadline has been put back to the 30th of June instead of March! Does anybody know why this might be? is it due to lack of interest? Thanks

      • Like
    • 81 replies
    • 6.2k views
  14. Dan_378
    Started by Dan_378,

    Hey, as i said i would make a post for our assessment day so we can let each other know how we got on! January 25th at Kiddlington, anyone who was on the course hope it went well! Dan

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
  15. mwe0
    Started by mwe0,

    Hello, Just wandering if anyone could give me a bit of information about how the teams work in Thames Valley. I am looking to transfer within the next 6 months and am looking at forces around the south area. My main questions are around how do Thames valley work in relation to Response, NPT teams etc. Do you have prisoner handling teams within Thames valley or do response teams keep the case work. If you would rather pm back feel free, any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 712 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.