Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. butmuncher
    Started by butmuncher,

    Hi Guys, I have found out that my training is provisionally booked for 22nd March 2010 and I wondered how many other guys have the same start date. Thought it would be cool to meet here before hand so we have an idea who will be there (ease some nerves) My Name is surprisingly Shaun Bull, im 24 from Bristol...... you?

    • 33 replies
    • 3.1k views
  2. RainbowGirl
    Started by RainbowGirl,

    Hi everyone, I'm just giving some thought to which police stations I might like to work at (assuming I pass the fitness test - perhaps a bit optimistic?!). I've lived in central Oxford for three years, and visited High Wycombe quite a lot, but other than that I don't know the Thames Valley area - or its police stations - very well at all. So I was wondering if anybody knowledgeable with a couple of minutes to spare would mind telling me anything about specific Thames Valley stations - what they're like to work in, what the surrounding area's like, how busy they are in comparison to others, any distinguishing features, etc. I suppose the stations I'm mainly thinking of …

  3. psychozippy
    Started by psychozippy,

    ...but BRING ON MONDAY Anyone else looking forward to the start of the week, as its there 1st day as a probationer!! :D:D:D:D

    • 5 replies
    • 822 views
  4. KLauraD
    Started by KLauraD,

    Well worth a read / google Search - PC Bloggs - a Twenty-first Century Police Officer Am I being HARASSED? It appears that the woeful tale of Ali Dizaei has brought out the voices in all our heads. As a police officer, a good proportion of my time is spent trying to ascertain whether the bizarre set of circumstances being related to me by a caller is the concoction of a disturbed mind, or merely the result of another Blandmore marriage. Most people's reality is somewhere in-between. If you find yourself constantly being stop-searched, frequently arrested (invariably in a violent and aggressive manner), are deprived of your rights to phone-calls, solicitors, medical…

    • 0 replies
    • 670 views
  5. SeanA
    Started by SeanA,

    http://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/home.htm See the link to facebook Not a bad idea eh !

    • 6 replies
    • 839 views
    When I grow up
  6. When I grow up
    Started by When I grow up,

    My sister wants to apply for a Pcso in Tvp and idea whats it like in Chad valley !

    • 0 replies
    • 727 views
    When I grow up
  7. shahzadh

    Hello there as the title says

  8. reece88
    Started by reece88,

    Hiya guys I was just wondering if anyone has gone on a shift with tvp as a civilian observer. How did you go about doing it and was it useful? Reece

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  9. carlyjadebaldwin
    Started by carlyjadebaldwin,

    Hi, I've been given a Provisional Start Date of 12th July 2010, but this hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm waiting from a Letter from the Occupational Health Dept for a Medical date first. Anyone else have a Provisional Date around then? Be good to hear from anyone else in the same position. Thank you. Carly

    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    paulie1546620618
  10. geebee
    Started by geebee,

    From Police Review today, TVP recruit changing is changing from May. New recruits will have to complete two weekends of training and distance learning in their own time before joining the force. Once in, they will have longer hours in the classrom and less time out with a tutor constable. Initial training will now be 30 weeks instead of 35. Tutorship is cut from 12 to 8 weeks. Tutorship was my most useful stage during training...a protected chance to f**k up and get away with it!

  11. reece88
    Started by reece88,

    hi all ivejust completed the fitness test and was wondering how i will know if and when i complete the vetting process. Any answers appreciated thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. star84
    Started by star84,

    Hi Guys, I am at the early stages of joining TVP and have the assesment centre in 5 weeks. I have done as much preparation and research as I can but I was wondering if I can ask for advice/feedback in what to expect, ie: role plays and interviews. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
  13. lawe88
    Started by lawe88,

    Well the topic says it all! I'm posted to Didcot and I'm due to start my training on 8th March. So I was hoping that someone serving at the station give me an idea of what the shift patterns there are. Also anybody starting on the same date at Abingdon College, I'll say hi to you.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  14. lawe88
    Started by lawe88,

    Hi I just got my formal offer for a posting in Didcot, just wondering whether anybody on here has the same date? Anybody give me an idea of what the place is like, all I know is that there is a Tesco depot there! Three years of waiting and I'm nearly there!!!

    • 6 replies
    • 882 views
  15. KLauraD
    Started by KLauraD,

    Hello I'm Laura from Wales (Work for Beds Pol as a civi ) , hoping to join Tvp in a few months finally as a Pc Can anyone who is a few months to a year assist to let "us" me with what to expect for the first few months ie How much a month will we get paid ( Have an idea) Whats the training like Where are you based / which is a good area in Bucks..? Shift patterns , what to expect in gereral. Thanks Laura

    • 1 reply
    • 827 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.