Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. dopi
    Started by dopi,

    I’ve applied for the current TVP recruitment stage and as of yet I’m still waiting for the results of the paper sift , so this could be a little premature. But in-between sending off my application and now, I have changed my current job. I had been at my last place of work for 8 years, and they knew I had plans to join the Police, So references etc wouldn’t be a problem. However with my new job, I obviously haven’t told them that I’m looking to leave. So my question is, if the best happens and I get through all the stages, when is the latest that they can ask my current employer for a reference? Or will it need to be taken straight away? Any thoughts you m…

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
    Tony Hayes1546620444
  2. M_R

    **See Below***

    • 3 replies
    • 31.4k views
  3. Bluesky1546620266
    Started by Bluesky1546620266,

    Hi, I wondered whether anyone else was there on Tuesday! We all left pretty quickly so didn't get to swap details with anyone so we can celebrate/commiserate our results in 2 weeks :smiley_vomit: Hope all goes well this week with everyone's A/C's - re-living each detail and slapping myself on the forehead everytime I realise what I should have done is getting quite hazzardous! Be lovely to share the tortuous wait.

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
    Bluesky1546620266
  4. icemanuk
    Started by icemanuk,

    Hi, Was just interested to see if there's anyone else here whos starting training on April 14th at Sulhamstead??

    • 3 replies
    • 663 views
  5. joel mason
    Started by joel mason,

    Hello all, I am moving from nottinghamshire - and i am am thinking about applying for Thames Valley Police... WHAT ARE THE LIKE AS AN ORGANIZATION? WHAT IMAGE DO THEY GIVE OUT? WHAT ARE THEY LIKE AS AN EMPLOYER? WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THAMES VALLEY POLICE?? WHAT DISTINGUISHES THEM FROM OTHER POLICE FORCES -BOTH IN A GOOD AND BAD WAY?? please feel free to enlighten me on any of the above

  6. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    I have just been confirmed that I am going to be doing my fitness test as of April the 6th Just wondered whos with me... post here!

    • 0 replies
    • 513 views
  7. lawe88
    Started by lawe88,

    I'm not quite sure if this is the right forum but any how. I made a transferred application to TVP a while ago and I'm going through the vetting at the minute. When and if I am accepted to become a constable I will require to move to the force area and to wherever I'm posted. I've lived in Leicester my entire life and I do want to move away. So I'm pretty much trying to get an idea of the cost of living for the force area, information like property rental, rates, if the ultility bills are likely to be higher and general costs? Any help anybody gives me will be greatly appreciated as I'm excited to move but cautious about living. Thanks all.

    • 12 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. hjames
    Started by hjames,

    Hi everyone, I transfered my a/c results back in Sep last year to TVP and have been told that my references and medical form have all been cleared and that they are just waiting on the vetting clearance before I get the phone call for a fitness date. Does anyone know how much longer I may have to wait, or has anyone been in the same situation and if so when is a likely medical, provsional offer/start date? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 971 views
  9. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    hi can anyone tell me where the a/c centre is if you apply to tvp thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 615 views
  10. BLUE BLUES
    Started by BLUE BLUES,

    This is information I have gleaned from TVP recruiting department TVP is apparently looking to recruit 400 officers so unlike other forces is not likely to ditch current candidates from their books as they probably wont make the existing target of 400. I am awaiting my fitness test having passed the A/C on in Nov/Dec and am at the final stage of security vetting with a guesstimate of a start date in the June July Please be advised that having passed a fitness centre before it would take a miracle to fail the current test. People in my group (for another force I later chose not to join and thus have to redo the application process) passed with injuries. Indeed the only…

  11. bogdan39
    Started by bogdan39,

    Recruitment events Thursday 19 February, 10.00am-8.00pm Community Recruitment Network recruiting roadshow Copthorne Hotel, Cippenham Lane, Slough Wednesday 25 February 7.00pm Special Constabulary recruitment evening Holiday Inn, Peartree Roundabout, Oxford OX2 8JD Thursday 5 March 10.00am-8.00pm Recruiting roadshow Holiday Inn, Handy Cross, High Wycombe Tuesday 10 March 10.00am-8.00pm Recruiting roadshow Crown Plaza Hotel, Caversham Bridge, Reading Wednesday 11 March, 7.30pm Special Constabulary recruitment evening Witan Gate main police station, Milton Keynes MK9 2DS Thursday 12 March, 7.00pm Special Constabulary recruitment evening The Bellhouse Hotel…

    • 0 replies
    • 613 views
  12. stimpson
    Started by stimpson,

    HI, OK so I posted a similar question in another section, but now that this is up and running... Is anyone who's got a current application going for TVP? I've attended a course I thought was good, and have practise q's as well as a book on report writing etc. I know a great deal of useful stuff comes out on here but for me at least, more detailed conversations are helpful too. My Assessment day is 12.03.09 If you want to then please email me. Cheers, and good luck! Ad

  13. kacknar
    Started by kacknar,

    1st post!!!! w00t!!!

    • 2 replies
    • 802 views
  14. jogreen
    Started by jogreen,

    Hi all, I used this forum a lot before I started in the job, but with shifts etc got out of the habit very quickly. I'm now back and shamelessly asking for a bit of last minute help.... I currently work in Lincolnshire, done two and a half years and have an interview to transfer to TVP on Tuesday. I have been doing revision, learning examples for the core competencies etc (I assume that they will ask me about this as there are no competency based questions on the application form). I have also learnt some basic stats for TVP and specifically for the areas I wish to work in. I've not been too good at remembering their objectves, but got time to brush up on them some mo…

    • 4 replies
    • 761 views
  15. Altair
    Started by Altair,

    Welcome to the Thames Valley Police chat thread.

    • 0 replies
    • 553 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.