Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thames Valley Police

 
 
  1. willz90
    Started by willz90,

    Hi Guys Just wondering if anyone has got a provisional offer for the Jan 4th Intake? I received one the other day, also got fitness and medical at the end of november, it seems like my long wait is coming to an end! Thanks

  2. ker
    Started by ker,

    does anyone know what the phone number is for the thames vally police recruitment i cant seem to find it and i need to call them up.

    • 2 replies
    • 835 views
  3. arnz26
    Started by arnz26,

    Hi guys, I had my fitness test in July and now have got a medical coming up. Does anybody know how long the wait is from having the medical to getting a start date? Arnz.

  4. Andy_Oxford
    Started by Andy_Oxford,

    Lo all, After a bit of a heads up really, I am stationed at Slough at the moment but i am looking to move back to my home in Oxfordshire in the next year. I am looking at either Abingdon or Bicester to transfer to. Is anyone here from either of them stations and could tell me what its like... I know its going to be very "Q" compared to Slough but getting some time to myself will be a blessing. Also what is the shift pattern as Berks east do a 2 earlies, 2 lates, 2 nights and 4 off pattern. Thanks Andy

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
  5. RainbowGirl
    Started by RainbowGirl,

    Hey, This may seem like a silly question, and I'm sure it's answered on some official website somewhere, but just thought I'd ask: with Thames Valley, is the training period residential, or can you/are you expected to go home each night? Also, how many weeks does it last? I ask this because I'm currently living in Leicester - I'll be moving to the Thames Valley area before my start date, but until I know when that is it makes sense to stay here (where I share a flat with my partner and cats!). I wouldn't want to miss out on the camaraderie of the training experience if we're expected to stay on-site at the training centre, but I'd like to know in advance if that's the c…

  6. Danoni1546620394
    Started by Danoni1546620394,

    Good Evening, I know these sorts of threads always crop up, and I know there's one on at the moment with "update on your application" topic, but thought I'd see if anyone else on here was waiting on an application with the specials. I myself sent off my application - after waiting and waiting for 2 and a half years to be eligible - last week along with the declarations and CBQ questions, and am now waiting for a response either way. Anyone else sent it off recently? Anyone else sent it off longer than recently and still waiting for feedback? Good luck to any and all, -- Dano

    • 1 reply
    • 854 views
    alexh1546620200
  7. DJS1546081112
    Started by DJS1546081112,

    For the 1st Timers: 1 - Directions Sully is EASY to find. From Jct 12 of the M4 it is about 3 miles away. Go South from J12 on the A4. Go straight over 2 large roundabouts keeping to the A4. About 1 mile past the second roundabout there is a BIG sign on the left directing you to the Thames Valley Police Headquarters. Turn left. Go over a few bridges and as the road starts to climb after about 1/2 mile you bear left (again, BIG sign) and about 300yds the road goes left. Carry straight on up the entrance drive. Again, BIG sign. http://maps.google.co.uk is a good start. Carry on up the drive and on your right you pass a big low(ish) building and the drive climbs slightly.…

    • 1 reply
    • 10.6k views
  8. Mikeh2000
    Started by Mikeh2000 +,

    We've got someone on our team who apparently applied to join the Met about 2 years ago, but didn't get a high enough score to get in at the assessment centre, and so transferred their application to TVP, which has dragged on and on. They've requested a move to another team which has been granted, as they've said that TVP are not going to be taking on any new recruits for 2009, and most of 2010 as well, but from reading the posts on here, I think someone's telling porkies!

  9. bradders
    Started by bradders,

    Hi, folks, Can any of you newbies that have been in the job more than a month help us out? I know it's bad form to ask someone about their wages but can any body tell me what the take home pay is whilst training. I guess we will have slightly different amounts depending on pension contributions etc but just after a rough idea. Thanks for your help.

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  10. Shamster
    Started by Shamster,

    Hi guys i was just wondering if there was anyone else in the same boat as me. I did my A/C on the 8th Oct and my 14 days are up this Friday (23rd) but because of the Royal Mail strikes i won't be getting any post......im so anxious to know i dont think i could wait till Monday. Is there any other way i can find out my result?? Is there anyone that also did the A/C that week and already has their result?

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  11. kvyas123
    Started by kvyas123,

    Hi guys, I finally got my formal letter of acceptance, i start on 30th November in Sully. And im stationed in Slough, is anyone else starting on the same start date? Kabz

    • 2 replies
    • 738 views
  12. kvyas123
    Started by kvyas123,

    Hi guys, I just had my medical last friday (16th oct) and had my pre-joinin fitness test on monday (19th oct). From my medical they were concerned about my eye, as i had an eye operation in 2007 which was minor surgery due to an accidental injury being bottled, they put stitches on my cornea to heal and it has successfully done so with no problems. Its been 2 years since and i have recovered 2 years ago, i don't wear glasses and have good eyesight after recovery. Should i be worried that they might reject at this point? even though i have passed my pre-joining fitness test. Kabz

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. SeanA

    What experience/skills are you, as a Recruit brining to TvP This is what recruitment will be looking at when they select starters I know you will be trained fully as well but …………. Under 25 ? Over 25 ? Over 40 ? Hate Current Job? Have a Degree ? Special Pc ? Police Civies ? Cause Roadwars looked fun on Tv ? Xforces ? Career Change ? Security guards ? Like seeing fights ? Just fancy it ? Parents are coppers ? Family in the Job ? What life Experience you have ? And why do you think you would be good at it ….Phew I’m interested in why people apply . If you find it to personal sorry but I’m just asking positive reply only p…

    • 1 reply
    • 636 views
  14. John@met
    Started by John@met,

    I got the Letter as well ........... (I'm new to this forum) Let me explain me.... Im 29 , been working in the Met for about 9-10 Years ...As a Pcso for 5 and now in the Control Room I am also a special constable. I won't disclose actual figures but if I achieve my aim to join the regulars i will have to accept a pay cut. Anyway i Live in Aylesbury 35-40 min from Work .. And love the country side around here... In Ireland i was HGV Mechanic and one day I saw an advent for TVP in a local paper , decided I wanted that ...but applied for the Met Pol as a PC and got in during the training didn't go well and due to personal issues and to cut a long story short.I resig…

  15. bradders
    Started by bradders,

    Hi There, Does anybody understand the 20m rule is it a simple as it sounds? Can you live out of the Thames Valley eg London? I am currently waiting for my refs to come back before I can get a fitness/medical date. Anybody in The same boat?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.