Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Futures
    Started by Futures,

    Was nice talking to you and stuff guys, I don't really feel the need to hang around here any longer. I suppose I need to re-think what I want to do in life, the topic about the effect the job has on people has made me think hard, and I don't really want to become a cynical person with no friends and a family that doesn't trust them. I respect the work that you guys do, I just think that I could do alot more with myself and actually enjoy life. All the best, Connor.

    • 4 replies
    • 691 views
  2. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    I reckon to get 6 glasses of wine out of a 70cl bottle. And i was under the impression that each glass was a unit of alcohol... maybe more if it's a 13% brew. So I was a bit surprised at this article. But I notice that they just say "large" glass of wine. What do they mean by "large". That's not defined, and is surely most important when asking people how any units they think a large glass contains. I've just looked at some of my wine. Not all of them are labelled re the units, but a couple which are 13% say it's 1.6 units per 125ml glass. Now most people, to my mind, would assume that the glass of wine they were being asked about was 125ml, the stand…

  3. Uncle Vanya
    Started by Uncle Vanya,

    Wombles' arrested -- News Flash It has been reported that the notorious family know as the 'Wombles' have been investigated by the Womble Police. Mr Womble Senior 'aka' 'Uncle Bulgaria' has been detained for operating an unregistred Trash Collection Company. Health and Safety Experts from Wimbledon and Greater London Council have place a closure order on Mr Bulgaria Womble to desist from collecting litter and other trash in and around Wimbledon Common. Their enterprise goes against Nu Labour and Mayor Livinstones recycling policies. It has been leaked to the Press by an employee of Wimbledon Council, that due to the trash collections made by Mr Bulgaria's family, th…

    Graham1545925480
  4. Brutus
    Started by Brutus,

    For several years, I have been doing some informal "counselling" to adults and children who have a particular and very unusual genetic syndrome. Even though I was a serving police officer, I still had to have an up-to-date CRB check. I was told the other day that my CRB has just run out and it would cost £64 for a new enhanced one. The very same day, having recently retired, I had received my Certificate of Service, signed by my chief constable a few days prior and stating that I had completed 30-years service, and that my character was "exemplary". That counted for nothing: I would still have to have a CRB check. If I were a danger to people, I would not have been i…

  5. Luke_Q_Public
    Started by Luke_Q_Public,

    NB: Traffic police are obviously not who I'm talking about as no doubt they proactively go after the real bad drivers. Something that just occurred to me is how many drivers see some form of police vehicle when driving and make swift paranoid attempts at not drawing attention to themselves, e.g. driving at 5mph below the speed limit. So I'm thinking does it get frustrating to be stuck with meandering drivers everywhere you go? Notice any slight differences in the world of traffic as you see it at work compared to when in your normal car. Does people being "extra careful" amuse you or just get very frustrating. Anecdotes welcomed! Bootnote: I'm not trying to trivialise…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/7091186.stm What a pity Liberty don't find a more useful means of spending their money. The school rules have been in place for over 30 years, and this girl is very intent of flouting them. She, and her mother, who appears to be the protagonist in this case, knew what the rules were before she joined the school. Why does the child need to wear a steel band to 'reminder her to do good', I'm sure 99% of children could remember that with out having to have something on their arm to tell them. I hope the school don't give in on this, too many minorities always want their own way, and are not prepared to conform to rules, unl…

    • 4 replies
    • 222 views
    OldAfricaHand
  7. Lo.
    Started by Lo.,

    Hi playmates! I know I'm new but I noticed some fun game threads so thought I'd chance one of my originals from my own gaff. It's straightforward enough. Playmates provide five words on their turn and the next poster then has to make a coherent sentence of no more than fifteen words which includes the five key words. For example. I say UNWITTINGLY, NONSENSE, BIG, PURPLE and NERVOUS. Playmates might respond with: Bob UNWITTINGLY bought a BIG PURPLE car unseen. What NONSENSE! No wonder he was NERVOUS! Ready? Here are your first five words and don't forget to add five more when you're done DONKEY, PASS, LEDGE, CUSTARD, GLASS.

  8. redl
    Started by redl,

    Morris and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year, and every year Morris would say, 'Esther,I'd like to ride in that helicopter.' Esther always replied, 'I know Morris, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars' One year Esther and Morris went to the fair, and Morris said, 'Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that helicopter, I might never get another chance.' To this, Esther replied, 'Morris that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.' The pilot overheard the couple and said, 'Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the e…

    • 2 replies
    • 530 views
  9. Top of the World
    Started by Top of the World,

    I just wanted to share this. :biggrin: Several men are in the changing room of a golf club. A mobile phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker-function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen. MAN: "Hello" WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?" MAN: "Yes" WOMAN: "I'm at the shops now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only £500. Is it OK if I buy it?" MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much." WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2008 models. I saw one I really liked." MAN: "How much?" WOMAN: "£65,000." MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."…

    • 2 replies
    • 639 views
  10. ex-job-ex-pat
    Started by ex-job-ex-pat,

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/jun/10/oil.france Concerns were growing last night over a summer of coordinated European fuel protests after tens of thousands of Spanish truckers blocked roads and the French border, sparking similar action in Portugal and France, while unions across Europe prepared fresh action over the rising price of petrol and diesel. Spanish hauliers began an indefinite strike, demanding a government aid package to offset the effect of record oil prices. Lorry drivers blocked motorways at the border with France and caused 12-mile tailbacks around Madrid and Barcelona. Long queues formed at Spanish and Portuguese supermarkets after truckers s…

  11. croberon
    Started by croberon,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/heart_and_soul.shtml Heart and Soul goes on an intensely personal journey to find out what happens when we pray, with presenter John Sutherland, a Police Superintendent from London, who believes in the power of prayer and uses it in his daily fight against crime. We hear voices from across the spectrum of religious belief, from Quakers who worship in silence to the richness of the prayer ritual of Muslims and Sikhs, and we find out what role prayer can play in our modern world.

    • 0 replies
    • 196 views
  12. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1026054/Serial-joyrider-kills-mother-crash-just-months-courts-let-walk-free.html This Scumbag should be banned for life and made to serve the full prison term.

    • 6 replies
    • 230 views
  13. exmetskipper
    Started by exmetskipper,

    It's been discussed in the media that today's 30 - 40 somethings are worse off than their parents ever were ??? High Mortgages , rising costs of living, the end of final salary pension schemes , the return of negative equity ! Do you think this is true ??? The post war baby bommers didn't have it THAT great did they ??? After all , they endured economic woes in the 70's , low wages through the sixties , Unemployment in the 80's , ... Washing machines and TV's that were used until they could no longer be repaired ...... in the main, very little in the way of foreign travel ! Personally, i think that there is a little too much complaining, after for what has been fo…

    • 75 replies
    • 1.6k views
    ex-job-ex-pat
  14. Graham1545925480
    Started by Graham1545925480,

    Fulham - Charlotte Church: Proof that money can't buy you class. But could look more attractive if the Welsh bloke was given the elbow. Birmingham - Pamela Anderson: Used to look good in the cups but now a declining force. Plus millions of people watched them get a good seeing to. Wigan - Davina McCall: Poor attendances confirm they've been promoted above their ability. Portsmouth - Girls Aloud: Only one real class act among the hastily assembled line-up. You shouldn't like them but admit it, you've sneaked the occasional admiring glance. Sunderland - Kerry Katona: Once the people's favourite but now an embarrassment. Fun while it lasted - now disappear fro…

    • 1 reply
    • 285 views
  15. XPC495P
    Started by XPC495P,

    A man charges into a bank wearing a balaclava and wielding a handgun. He shouts "this is a raid - everyone get on the floor!!", and proceeds to empty the cash drawers. As he runs towards the door with the loot, a brave customer yanks off his balaclava. The robber immediately shoots the customer in the head and shouts.. "Did anybody else here see my face?". The robber notices another customer peering from behind a counter and goes over and shoots him in the head also. "Did anybody else see my face?" he shouts again, waving his gun around. There is silence for a few seconds before a male voice is heard from a distant corner.. "I think my missus caught a …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.