The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Another year in the sheep calendar begins. Today my little flock was scanned with the following results:- 1 triplet 5 twins 4 singles 1 empty (probably will become mutton later in the year) Tomorrow I separate them into two flocks (1- triplets and twins, 2-singles). They then get different treatment, with the twins and triplets getting extra food. When they come into the sheep shed for lambing, they also have separate pens.
-
- 263 replies
- 10.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1041618/Prescott-compares-Brown-captain-Titanic-trying-help.html Thank God John Prescott isn't still Deputy PM, he has at least got this bit right, Gollum, Captain of a sinking ship, even if he didn't mean it that way. He still as thick as ever, both in body and in the head.
-
Yorkshire Day Yes, it's that day of the year again. The one where all of we Yorkshire folk are supposed to publicly avow our support to a reunification of the county of Yorkshire...but never do. The day no one can remember the date of - I was reminded of it yesterday while listening to a London radio station. The day when people from anywhere else say: "So what?".....and they're right.
-
Prison vs Work Just in case you ever get these two environments mixed up, this should make things a little bit clearer. PRISON You spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell WORK You spend the majority of your time in an 6X6 cubicle/office PRISON You get three meals a day fully paid for WORK You get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it PRISON You get time off for good behavior WORK You get more work for good behavior PRISON The guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you WORK You must often carry a security card and open all the doors for yourself PRISON …
-
Did anyone else read the article about this site showcasing a shop that sells various knives? I haven't tried to find the links to the shop mentioned, but obviously it's criticised due to the current level of knife crime. Is the article sensationalism, or accurate?
-
Okay so the object of this is for each post to be 3 words example : Post 1 -> When I became, Post 2-> Really stupid enough , etc etc. So Let's start! It all began
-
- 881 replies
- 47.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Sorry, double post. Can a Mod please delete this thread, for some reason I seem to have created two the same.
-
Hi! This questions goes to all members of this forum, but I'd be more delighted to hear from those who are already in force or retired. Recently one thought came to my mind, as I'm not that old yet certainly not young, that before applying to the force I'd love to go and study a degree. Which would give me a better insight into my future job. Whilst studying I'll be encouraged to volunteer as a SC. Who knows maybe I will dislike working in the Police as SC and I will see the light . In the end I will end up at least with a degree which will always help. Which out of these degrees would gave me a the best deal? Thank you for all your time. …
-
- 15 replies
- 2.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Just trying to find out what to expect during training. How many exams? how often? etc also i heard that the essays that you have to write are hand written instead of computer, is that right. Also do you have to do power point presentations? again something that i heard. Thanks for looking
-
- 6 replies
- 467 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I'm just curious what computer system people here are running. I have a new Apple Mac which I bought last week to match my Mac laptop and it really is very impressive. Prior to that, I was using Windows XP, which was OK but I had to re-format the hard-drive last week and then decided to give it to my youngest daughter and get a new Mac. My father-in-law bought a new system with Vista on it but couldn't get on with it, mainly because none of his games would work. I wiped his Vista off and installed a copy of Windows NT for him and he's delighted with that. Brutus
-
- 21 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
According to the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime, Iran is a major player in the battle to stop drug trafficking. In a recent operation on Iran's Eastern Border, a Police operation resulted in the confiscation of 1576 kilograms of opium, several heavy machine guns & satellite phones. According to the U.N. Iran is the leading player in efforts fighting international drug smugglers. The director of the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime has warned of " a Heroin tsunami in Europe if the drug interdiction by Iran is weakened. We know the continuing loss of life in Iran as the country maintains a careful watch of its Borders, at the heavy, heavy sacri…
-
- 4 replies
- 387 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1040993/We-dissed-record-Astonishing-secret-memo-Blair-accuses-Brown--8216-hubris-vacuity-8217.html Nothing like sticking a knife in someone's back, mind you, it may help get rid of Gollum quicker.
-
- 5 replies
- 350 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys My name's Alan. It's my very first time on this forum so go gentle on me I am in the middle of the recruitment process to become a special constable in the Devon and Cornwall constabulary. I have my Structured interview on Saturday and after talking to a friend of mine who has been a special for twelve years he suggested coming on to this forum and speaking to some of you guys and see if maybe I could get some tips or advise for my interview. Maybe some have just recently been through the interview and know what sort of questions are being used and what kind of experience it is these days. I'd appriciate any advice anyone can give me. Thanks Alan
-
- 3 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1040331/Theyre-weird-vulgar-men-dont-like-So-26-000-British-women-year-disfigure-breast-enlargements.html Interesting. And what about botox? Are those stiff upper lips which don't move naturally when people speak botoxed? Gives me the creeps.
-
- 14 replies
- 564 views
- 2 followers
-
-
When last with Mr P we took some photos of the puppies and even snuck a sneaky couple of Mr P himself...............with a happy Big Sister....... And with his choir (they were excellent as has been mentioned before) I must apologise for the camera shake, it had been a long day without any booze
-
- 51 replies
- 3.2k views
- 1 follower
-