The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
-
Hello everyone! Been quite a while since I've showed ny cyber-chops round here... Firstly, an apology to the mods team if I have put this thread in the wrong place, had a quick look and in here seemed most relevant... So, my apology... As most of you folks who know a little about me will be aware of, I was one of the many unlucky types who were waiting for a start date with the Met..... needless to say I took the bad news pretty hard and turned me back on the forums as a result... Which probably annoyed a few peeps, in that in 2009 I was lucky enough to be awarded the Brian award!.... I'm now kind of coming to terms with the knowledge of there is now little chance …
-
- 14 replies
- 618 views
- 4 followers
-
-
Been informed today that they are changing our shifts. They want us to work until 0400 hours into rest day? Such as Mon 1800-0400, Tues 1800-0400, Weds 1800-0400, Thurs R/D, Fri R/D, Sat 0800-1800, Sun 0800-1800. Can they do that, or is there a certain time they can only make you work until when going into rest day? Hope that makes sense.
-
- 5 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Well my sister foolishly entered me for the Race for Life in Brighton at the beginning of July...eek..MM doesnt do anything strenuous like running, but she has got me in training.. Now sadly she fell off the horse two weeks ago and broke her leg in three places.. gross! It was even through the skin..now being the opportunist that I am, I thought GREAT!!..no Race for Life... but no...Im now going to be pushing her over the 5k course in her wheelchair!! Those who know Brighton will know its not the flattest place on the planet.. I thought luck was on myside once more when her wheel chair managed to get stolen at a friends wedding on Sat ! !(who would DO that!!)...but …
-
-
Hi all, Just bought The Shield 1 - 7 series box set online and am hopefully going to be getting it in a day or two. I've not really watched much of the show and am just wondering if i've wasted my money or will I be impressed with it?
-
- 8 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Drugsonderzeeër in Ecuadoriaanse jungle gevonden. Ecuadoriaanse jungle is een zelfgemaakte onderzeeër onderschept waarin tonnen cocaïne vervoerd kunnen worden. De onderzeeër was op een afgelegen plek in de jungle gebouwd en werd gevonden in een rivier nabij de grens met Colombia. Een man werd aangehouden. Het gevaarte, dat drie meter hoog en 31 meter lang is, was gecamoufleerd en heeft een periscoop en airconditioning. Volgens de DEA, die Ecuador hielp bij de inbesl*gname, was de onderzeeër bedoeld om drugs over zee te vervoeren. Translation In the Ecuadorian Jungle they found a home built Submarine and inside Tonnes of Cocaine can be transported. It was…
-
- 1 reply
- 487 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey everyone, Police Oracle now have a facebook group. Why not drop by and join us? We look forward to seeing you there! Katia
-
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10498482.stm I think such tributes are important for more than face value, great though that is. It serves to show that those Muslims howling abuse are just a minority.
-
After all the doom and gloom on the forums of late, I thought it was time to have a bit of fun whilst browsing. This is a variation on the word association game featured before, but instead features pictures. I have started off with a picture of 'BEER', so the next poster, without typing anything, simply posts a picture of what they associate with the preceeding post and so on. This will let us see who thinks logically and who thinks outside the box. Enjoy.
-
It is no joke, that old war monger, and bare faced liar keeps getting the awards: Former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair is to receive a prestigious US medal and $100,000 (£67,000) prize for his work in conflict resolution. In response, Mr Blair, who currently works as a peace envoy to the Middle East, said: "Freedom, liberty and justice are the values by which this medal is struck. "Freedom, liberty and justice are the values which I try to apply to my work on governance in Africa and on preparing the Palestinians for statehood. "They are the values which drive the work of my faith foundation as we try to show that people of different faiths can live togeth…
-
I am unsure if I got this right (it was daytime tv!) I only got half of the story, Nick Clegg requested people to make contact I think on some website to have a say about any laws that have been made quashed, I think it means all of the silly ones that the previous shower of sh1t placed. If it is true, what law would you want quashing? And will you update the government to consider it?
-
- 10 replies
- 519 views
- 1 follower
-
-
RAF Tornado 'I'm with stupid' prank laughed off by MoD. A prank by an RAF Tornado crew spotted flying with a sign saying "I'm with stupid" has been laughed off by the Ministry of Defence. The crew, from RAF Lossiemouth, was photographed during a high-speed exercise through hills in Snowdonia. BBC
-
- 17 replies
- 2.8k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Have you seen some of the salaries being paid to the quangos in the below article ! Olympic Delivery Authority chief executive David Higgins is earning £394,999 a year !!! Before they look at my pay and pension, I suggest they look at quango and senior Gov't pay scales ! The six-figure salaries of 160 bosses of taxpayer-supported quangos have been published in the latest part of a Government transparency drive. Pay packages for every employee of non-departmental public bodies earning over £150,000 have been put online by the Cabinet Office. The highest sum listed was the £394,999 paid to Olympic Delivery Authority chief executive David Higgins - despite fears of a possi…
-
England have just beaten Australia in the one-day series (cricket). Hamilton and Button are 1st and 2nd in the F1 Drivers Championship with both on the podium today. Last week England beat Australia in Australia for only the 3rd time in history (Rugby Union). Graeme McDowell won the US Open (Golf) this week. Unfortunately the media will spend 90% of its time and space discussing the failings of another sport that it has been shoved down our throats for the last 40 years. Why is so much time and column inches spent on a sport that we are not very good at? The obvious answer will be, 'Because it is so popular' but I believe that any 'popularity' is driven by the press…
-
- 16 replies
- 655 views
- 1 follower
-