The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Quick question. Right. I ride a two wheeled thing to work, and currently sense says no. keep of it in the snow. currently we have only bus/999 routes gritted. in the mornings roads may not be done, and buses were subject to not turning up / delay etc. today they called of the fleet at 1900, i was late due to an incident at work (very late!) i couldnt get home (until a colleague very kindly helped, who wouldn't be there if i was to be on time, i'd of got a bus!) anyways, until the "rescue" i was stranded. the company is saying if we dont come in we dont get paid and can get in bother (the latter being a rumor, that we will get interviewed on absence) we have 2ft …
-
As the title states i came home last night to find all the windows and doors wide open and everything gone. And I was so looking forward to Opening that advent calendar Myself this year.
-
Irvin Kershner - the man who gave us some of the most indelible moments in cinema history with The Empire Strikes Back - has died. He was 87. Kersh, as he was fondly known, died at his home following a long illness. He was, of course, best known for directing The Empire Strikes Back, arguably the greatest chapter in the Star Wars saga (and which celebrates its thirtieth anniversary this year). But Kershner also made contributions to other franchises, directing RoboCop 2 and Sean Connery's last appearance as James Bond in the 'unofficial' 007 flick, Never Say Never Again. Having fought in World War II, Kershner began his career by teaching film at the University of Sout…
-
I read a fair few forums; I even moderate some of them. I find that the best ones, with the closest community feel allow something that this place doesn't – a bit of topicdrift. Whilst I agree that complete off topic talk can derail threads and hinder discussion, the opposite is true too. The policy here is that if anything isn't strictly on topic isn't wanted and I think that this hinders the discussion, onwhat is supposed to be a discussion forum. This is especially true on long threads where the people have talked out the original topic of the thread. I don't see why the mods can't then allow the topic to drift onto something that members obviously want to discus…
-
-
Norfolk turkey tycoon Bernard Matthews has died at the age of 80, his company has confirmed. Full story Source BBC News I've heard the police suspect fowl play. Apparently the funeral is early next week at a Norfolk crematorium, gas mark 6 for 3 hours. Oops, sorry, meant to put this in the locker room
-
I've been looking for a replacement for my ST24 and do like my V6 Mondeos, looking on ebay to gauge the current prices and saw this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-FORD-MONDEO-ST220-EX-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-CAR-/260698269680?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3cb2d3e7f0 I think I'd take the extra power claims with a pinch of salt though!
-
The moon's gravity attracts water which causes tides. But does the moon's gravity apply force to everything else? For example... Would the forces applied to a tall building be affected in any way by the moon orbiting?
-
By a mouse! I feel violated. I need to get out of this house-sharing business.
-
Dear all,, Can you take a look at a new website I have built and let me have any feedback on it.. see it at www.cornwallscoutsshooting.co.uk Thanks guys and girls.. Ian
-
- 5 replies
- 738 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
http://www.desiblitz.com/content/national-curry-week-2010 All over Britain restaurants, cafeterias, schools and universities will be celebrating 'National Curry Week' for what has become Britain’s ‘national dish’ with fun events from poppadom towers and poem writing to simple enjoyment of a fantastic meal. Your favourite curry is? Mine Lamb rogan, madras hot, plain rice, not like pilau rice.
-
So really this is more for my reference than anything else. I've had so many usernames over the last year and a bit that I've been here that I feel I need some form of record, for the tax man if nothing else. Please let me know if I've missed any. 1) Sooso 2) Sooso Ho Ho 3) Paradox 4) Gollum 5) Guy Fawkes 6) Papa Radox 7) ParaPox 8) Christmas Pussy 9) Christmas Pudding 10) The Easter Bunny I'm sure I've forgotten some of them, but there have been so many. I don't even know who I am any more!
-
...You find out they're on tag after being released from prison! Had a mate from my army cadet days friend request me a while back and as I was mates with him years ago I was happy to accept and have a brief chat about what we'd been up to (though it seems I was a little more truthful than he was). Anyway, his status today relates to him being released from prison and having trouble with his tag... erm, seeya Tony!
-
Dunno if there are any science geeks out there! but, if you are a fellow geek like me; I present you Sixty Symbols. A channel of videos from Nottingham University by Quantum Physics professors and all that jazz. I'll post one of thier many videos, so if you like just follow the others really. Enjoy!