Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. Guest baby elephant
    Started by Guest baby elephant,

    So this excuse for a human being was attacked in prison by an inmate who had already killed a peodaphile and a child killer (I think). That inmate should be given a medal the size of a dinner plate,and have his sentence shortened,but severely repremanded for failing to exterminate Huntley.

    IveToldYouOnce
  2. Snowdropbooks
    Started by Snowdropbooks,

    I worked full time with challenging youngsters for 30 years, now doing other stuff, but supporting Restorative Justice. The evidence is this 27% reduction in reoffending 98% victim satisfaction. I run Master Classes in special needs because 60% of offenders have some type of learning disability, you've dealt with them so you know this is the case! Anyway I support our Police and Military services in all ways I can, because they do the jobs I don't want to.

  3. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    Here's an interesting piece about crime fiction. I know we have discussed this subject before, usually in derisive terms. And I know real SOCOs must howl at the TV with these programmes. But it's very hard to be realistic in fiction and get your work published. So only the fantasy gets published. The problem is that the reader or viewer takes it as literal truth, especially some programmes which purport to be realistic. Everyone knows that Midsomer Murders is cosy crime and bears no relation to real life. It's an extention of the Agatha Christie type who-dun-it where the basic plot is the same, and it's a matter of elimination and serendipity, and application…

    • 5 replies
    • 339 views
  4. skelosia
    Started by skelosia,

    Okay, not sure if I am breaking the rules, but I am not a Police Officer. I am nothing to do with the police at all in fact. I am a writer (don't ask if you've read me, you haven't. I am unpublished ). So I have completed my first novel (completed is an overstatement, but you will get the drift in a minute), and I have lots of holes that need filling. And these holes are of a 'what if' criminal nature. I googled my question, came across a 'sort-of' answer on here. The answer left me with more questions! The novel is about a woman who, after her violent husband is sent to prison for murdering their newborn baby, makes a long overdue escape. She then meets Jamie, who…

  5. writer1405
    Started by writer1405,

    Hi, I am a aspiring writer based in Halifax, West Yorkshire. I am currently trying to write a crime thriller based in Yorkshire and Lancashire and would be very grateful if anybody could spare me a few moments of their time to aid my research. I am particularly needing to research procedures for investigating serial murders, the ranks within the police service and policing techniques in general. I would be immensely appreciative of any help anyone can give me. Ian.

  6. M&MBM
    Started by M&MBM,

    This is from a writer friend. I hope people don't mind, and that someone can help. A Canadian writer I'm in touch with occasionally is writing a crime novel set in England. He has asked the following questions. I wonder if you could post it on the Oracle? If you can't, don't worry. He asks: "Basically one of the lead characters, Stephen, is found unconscious at the scene of a murder, with his arm around the victim. Tis a bit gruesome, but there have been a series of murders where the victims have had their throats bitten out. Stephen didn't commit the crime, but when he is found he goes crazy and attacks the police men. I am assuming he would be charged wi…

    • 22 replies
    • 682 views
  7. Amaretti
    Started by Amaretti,

    Hi everyone. I have written a novel which contains several scenes involving police officers. Before I send it to agents I want to make sure the information- esp regarding how the police would react to certain situations- is accurate. I've done lots of research inc reading forums and watching countless episodes of Traffic Cops, Night Cops, Road Wars, Street Wars, Brit Cops etc (to which I've become quite addicted! ) but I'd be really grateful for the opinion of a real police officer. In one chapter, two police officers knock on the door of an isolated farmhouse. They claim it is because the security lights are on and the bathroom window wide open, but really they ar…

  8. Reado
    Started by Reado +,

    I am looking for a new TV now the big question is do I get a LCD, LED or Plasma TV, which is the best? Also what brand shall I use? has anyone had a problem with any type? Ohh and I shall make it s POLL!

    • 8 replies
    • 605 views
  9. Merlin820
    Started by Merlin820,

    A poll. Just because. :D The second one not at all prompted by a conversation with Mr Merlin yesterday.

    • 15 replies
    • 828 views
  10. gallifrey
    Started by gallifrey +,

    Does anyone else ever wish they could go back in time and change things or correct their past mistakes if you could go back and change / correct any mistake or anything, what would it be and why?. Obviously I have too much time on my hands coming up with questions like this, but just wondered.

      • Like
    • 22 replies
    • 1k views
  11. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Anyone smoke shisha? I do when i have friends round on an irregular basis.. I need help, i used have have self igniting coals.. But not i have regular coal with i cant seem to light at all. Anyone have any tips on getting coals warm?

    • 1 reply
    • 429 views
  12. csiguy
    Started by csiguy,

    All, I'v been absent for sometime, apologies. I've added a couple of new blog entries, the latest one about a sus death. UK CSI CSI Guy

    • 0 replies
    • 444 views
  13. Kewstu
    Started by Kewstu,

    Going to Manchester later today to see Peter Kay at the MEN, just wondering if it was worth it to visit this museum when we get there? Looks interesting but not sure what it is all about ?

    • 5 replies
    • 426 views
  14. tom3501
    Started by tom3501,

    As I am sat here in my darkened house in my darkened neighbourhood I have started to ponder a few things so I thought I would see if there any answers out there or any other curious questions such as; What causes power cuts? And indeed why would a power cut happen when I have no chilled beer in the fridge and it is all warm in the cupboard? Why does the Easter BUNNY bring Easter EGGS? How did someone figure out that if you squeeze the bit hanging down from a cow and drink it, it would taste good? Why would anyone ever be allowed to have a pee in a custodian??? Anymore? Edit: amazingly poor spelling due to iPhone entry!

    • 5 replies
    • 554 views
  15. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2045300/CPS-office-worker-Michael-Prince-Jackson-Bailey-sold-cannabis-colleagues-working-drug-smuggling-cases.html

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.