Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Locker Room

Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!

Subforums

  1. For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.

    • 10.6k posts
    @psychicscarlet1
    @psychicscarlet1,
  2. You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.

    • 14.7k posts
    IrishCop
    IrishCop,
  3. Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.

    • 21 posts
  4. This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.

    • 23.8k posts
  5. Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly

    • 563 posts
    Chief Rat
    Chief Rat,
  6. Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!

    *Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*

    • 1 post
  1. intheblitz
    Started by intheblitz,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/15464305 Whilst I appreciate a computer probably made the calculation, a "human" (in the loosest sense of the word) must have had to see and send this on. It really does beggar belief! "They've taken £433 from him for 10 days work which he would have done had he been alive." May Lance Corporal Bancroft rest in peace.

  2. Uncle Neil
    Started by Uncle Neil,

    Im thinking about getting a set of winter tyres , anyone got any comments or experience of them ie is it worth 400 quid to put them on the car, every one at my work is also thinking about it , I remember last year I was so frustrated when I couldnnt get out of my road , just thought id see if you lot recon its worth it. Neil..

      • Like
    • 43 replies
    • 4.2k views
  3. Milankovitch
    Started by Milankovitch +,

    An interesting question was posed in a lecture today and I'd like to see how people would answer it. The question is how many of the standard controls in a car cause an acceleration?

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 3.5k views
  4. Cuddles
    Started by Cuddles +,

    The usual - please vote for your favourite entry. The topic this month, as picked by Myky, was "THE STREET". Thanks once again for your hard work everybody. Some excellent photos as usual. 1 - Faded Bridge by PeteFlintMurray, on Flickr 2 - Nice weather for ducks by Have Nikon will travel, on Flickr 3 - Cork farm by Horrgakx, on Flickr 4 - P1040948 by eff2.8, on Flickr 5 - In the street after the rain. by merlin820_special, on Flickr

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 853 views
  5. medic1

    During the hot and sweltering summer of 1776, members of the second Continental Congress travelled to Philadelphia to discuss their frustration with royal rule. By 4 July, America's founding fathers approved a simple document penned by Jefferson that enumerated their grievances and announced themselves a sovereign nation. Called the Declaration of Independence, it was a blow for freedom, a call to war, and the founding of a new empire. It was also totally illegitimate and illegal. At least, that was what lawyers from the UK argued during a debate at Philadelphia's Ben Franklin Hall. American experiment The event, presented by the Temple American Inn of Court in c…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
    Administrative Account
  6. SO191
    Started by SO191,

    Back in the day everybody had a nickname, what's the jobs take on it these politically correct days? Some of them included: Fingers - Because he'd been cleared on 3 shoplifting charges. Blister - Because he always came out after the hard work had been done. Sinex - Because when he got up your nose it lasted for 8 hours. Doggy - Because he used to be a dog handler. Obviously - Jock, Taff because of their Nationality. I'll have a think about others,

      • Like
    • 94 replies
    • 9.7k views
  7. Bouncer
    Started by Bouncer,

    In the Mail today (sorry), is a report that Labour are considering a tax on unused bedrooms in houses, in an effort to get people to downsize and free up bigger houses for families currently in cramped conditions. Rather than wasting money in trying to collect a tax, it would be better to provide free condoms for all and stop anyone using up more room than they can afford. I own a four bedroom house, and use one bedroom myself and one for my elderly mother. A third is sometimes used by a professional carer when I am away, and the fourth (boxroom) is where my printer and railway layout live. I do understand that many families are living in cramped conditions, but most of…

  8. OldAfricaHand
    Started by OldAfricaHand,

    I firmly believe in the right to free speech and that people should be allowed to express their views in an environment where they are protected from harm. However, I also believe that other people who do not necessarily wish to listen to others' views nor wish to be hindered in going about their business, should not be inconvenienced. Setting aside the likely squalor that will develop in some informal camp, I am beginning to wonder if it is reasonable to the majority of people that protestors should be allowed to set up camps that may inconveniece others going about their daily lives? How do others feel about this?

  9. ____Billy____
    Started by ____Billy____,

    Ive got my SET's in over a months time and so far have been revising using the free ones off the recruitment webiste. Im able to do the infromation handling and lanuage papers with ease but Im struggling with the maths papers becuase its really not one of my strong-points. So with that in mind, is anyone selling the Maths past papers for a decent price? Let me know guys. Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/vince_cable_pays_penalty_for_200k_tax_error Vince Cable not such a Saint after all.

  11. intheblitz
    Started by intheblitz,

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-15354203 I know some members will have something to say on this, as they love being in the EU so much!

  12. Maverick22
    Started by Maverick22,

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8716240/Libya-live.html Reports that Ghaddafi is dead, if so, he is no loss to society and saves a lot of money as no court case required. I wonder if he best friend Teflon Blair will go to his funeral.

  13. Alan Partridge
    Started by Alan Partridge +,

    All Many of you will already know that I wasn't happy being a Special Constable and today I made the decision to step down as an SC I am very proud of the face that I achieved this position but it simply wasn't for me LV - Please remove my Serving Officer ribbon I am also stepping down as Mini Moderator for the Gloucestershire Constabulary section of the forum. I'm sorry but I simply don't have the time or interest to continue moderating this area And finally, I'm really sorry to have to announce this but due to personal circumstances, I am to leave the forum as of midnight. The people on here are a great bunch and I know a few of you outside of the forum. I hope we …

      • Like
    • 49 replies
    • 4.4k views
    Administrative Account
  14. Bravo
    Started by Bravo,

    What are the antennas for on the back of the bikes, by that I mean arial(s). Airwave - but aren't these handheld? Airwave booster pack perhaps? Entertainment - radios aren't fitted to motorcylces though, are they? Mobile data terminal - are these fitted though? Then I saw this picture though with the wire hanging down from the helmet.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 3k views
  15. Javioli
    Started by Javioli,

    I have been waiting for this camera, I should be able to buy it when launched Press release

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.