The Locker Room
Light-hearted discussion of topics which don't really relate to police work... abandon hope all ye who enter!
Subforums
-
For light-hearted discussion about love, life and relationships.
- 10.6k posts
-
- 247 posts
-
You can use this area to share information about teams or groups, sort out socials, share gaming tags, and generally get together with like minded forum-goers.
- 14.7k posts
IrishCop, -
Where we will hold all the threads in relation to member competitions and the results.
- 21 posts
-
This forum is the place to participate and start new games for the whole community to participate in. The first post in each topic should explain the rules for that specific game.
- 23.8k posts
-
Use the forum for general advise if you are having an issues with your computer whether it is running MAC OS or Windows, Linux etc. We are sure there will be someone here to assist and give you some tips to keep them running smoothly
- 563 posts
Chief Rat, -
Looking to sell your used equipment or other unwanted items? Our "For Sale & Trade" section is the perfect place to connect with fellow members interested in buying what you no longer need. Whether it’s tools, electronics, or hobby gear, feel free to list it here! Just make sure to include an actual photo of the item in your post – no stock images or generic photos from websites allowed. This way, everyone knows exactly what they’re getting. Happy selling and trading!
*Please note Police Community accepts no risk for the items posted by members and you enter into a agreement to purchase at your own risk*
- 1 post
12130 topics in this forum
-
Don't know if anyones been following his fall from grace, but he is now a hugely hated figure from 'activists'. He's made a few turn arounds on what he used to say and it hasn't gone down. Judging from this cringy video it seems he has lost most of his donations as well. This is a actually David Brent style embarrassing to watch.
-
Thought I would share the story of my partners great great grandfather. Constable John Cooper from R division (Greenwhich) He was attested as a constable in 1886 and served with good conduct till 1903 when he was shot during the execution of his duty. He survived his wounds and was medically retired. Does anyone have any idea what those medals may be?
-
-
Earlier today I asked what hobbies people had. Quite a few showed an interest in photography so I have decided to start a dedicated thread. First I will reveal my interest in the subject. Back in the mid 1960s, I attended the Medway School of Art (one of the top art colleges in the UK) and studied photography for 3 years, gaining a City & Guilts certificate. In those days, this was the top professional qualification you could get; no degrees for photography then. When I left college I went to work with Kodak for 3 years before getting bored and joining the police. At that point I lost the facility of any dark room and so was reduced to snap shooting, although I sti…
-
-
- 222 replies
- 8.4k views
- 3 followers
-
-
As we know "liking" posts has become pretty popular (as has "disliking" them). Is there any way to search to find the most liked/disliked posts on the site?
-
Following on, kind of, from Derf's thread. Why don't we create a Life in a Day: PoliceSpecials edition? Like the original it will feature videos of people doing day to day tasks - caring for loved ones, making big decisions and forces permitting, we could have some policing. The idea behind it is we can have a community project to sort of replace the socials (which seem to have fizzled out) that people can be involved with. If you think it's a good idea, get your cameras out, send me your footage and I'll edit it all together and we can have a community project together, I'll only consider it if I get at least 20 entries to edit. I'd aston the footage so we can see …
-
Just to make you aware my son has fully completed this game in less than a day and is very disappointed with the length of the game. Please be aware he doesn't have internet access for the game. Luckily we rented the game from Blockbusters for a fiver rather than coughing up £39.99.This game has already come off the Xmas lists of his mates!
-
Click here as I am confused how to embed video! At around 4:00 there is a Peter Herbert. He (according to the video) is the Chair of the Black Lawyers Association. He speaks so smugly and is presumably a legal professional, yet his contribution is almost wholly inaccurate! Badly! edit: been struggling to put the link in or embed it so if link has not gone to a hyperlink, here is the url: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBw3xlIzc8
-
So there I was, sitting at the bar staring at my drink when a big truculent biker stepped up next to me, grabbed my drink and gulped it down in one swig. "Well, watcha gonna do about it?" he snarled menacingly as I burst into tears. "Come on,man" the biker said, " I didn't think you'd cry! I can't stand to see a man crying". "This is the worst day of my life" I said, "I'm a complete failure. I was late to a meeting and my boss fired me. When I went to the car park, I found my car had been stolen and I haven't got insurance. I left my wallet in the cab I took home. I found my wife with another man and my dog bit me. So I came to this bar to work up the courage to end it al…
-
I just realised posting on another thread that there is a policing phenomenon that we no doubt all know, but isn't Murphy's law or Sod's law. Can anyone put an existing name to it or are we in need of a new name? Any call relating to a mad knife/axe/gun wielding individual invariably turns out to not involved any of the above. Any call about "a bit of bother" turns out to involve a mad knife/axe/gun wielding loon. I've personally experienced both many a time. From the "there's a man with a shotgun wandering around the Cathedral ruins" that turned out to be a camera tripod to the "guy being asked to leave a pub" who had mental health issues and a massive machete stickin…
-
Sunday... Thought I'd do a poll, haven't done one in a while... Did a spot of Christmas shopping today, I was inspired by the Christmas fair I stumbled across in the town where I live. Wasn't too sure about the Christmas carols being sung though...
-
-
Brilliant idea. And I REALLY want to see Trident cruising around North London is a kitted out black taxi now...
-
A modern fairy Tale ? It is a slow day in a dusty little Greek town near Thessaloniki . The sun is beating down and the streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit. On this particular day a rich German tourist called Angela Merkle' is driving through the town, stops at the local hotel and lays a €100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner she wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night. The owner gives her some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the €100 note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher. The butcher takes the €100 note and…
-
I know I'm a party pooper, but really, do we have to have a bloody fortnight of them? When i was a kid there was bonfire night and that was it. Only oner night to worry about family pets and conflagrations. Now it seems we have to be bombarded the weekend before, the weekend, and the weekend after. And then of course, there's midnight New year's eve fireworks./.. which i believe are illegal because they're after 11.00pm. Scared Minispawn's rabbit to death a few years back. Bah humbug.
-
-
- 113 replies
- 3.5k views
- 2 followers
-